• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA Solutions, Animation Requests and External GFX Requests!!

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Hey Smashers,
I've been conversing with some other hackers and I believe that there should similar to the help and FAQ thread over a Kitty Corp to allow hackers to ask questions and request animations. These are the two things I'm best at in Smash Hacking and as I've been experimenting on Thor (trust me I've done ALOT!) I've discovered alot of things that I believe people might want.

So in this thread I will answer any questions/problems you have in PSA and give you a working solution so that none of you ever have to stop/lose interest in your projects due to roadblocks. Ask away!

I will also take one animation request per user per week for now and you must PM me a link to the model and a reference pic+description or a video of the move and the cahnges you want to make to it!

NEW: Also you may request an External GFX you would like an I'll do my best to get you what you want!!
-Omni

PS: Bionic I thought this was a good place to put this thread so I'd appreciate it if you show it some mercy, because customized content is the place where most hackers look for stuff and this would be a great addition and if you could Sticky it that'd be great :)

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
This would help since I want to learn PSAing. Plus, I'm now done my exams so I've got more time for this stuff.

Anyways, 2 things;

1. Animation Request.

Cheracter: Link
Model: N/A
Animation: "Shield Bash"
Replacing: Side Tilt
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6XnBHVHVxk
Effects: Have so that the actual "Bash" reflects projectiles while also providing Link a small bit of distance. Start the animation out so the shield is away from Link, not facing forward, which then links to the "Bash". (so it's not to over-powered if spammed.) Have it deal like 3%? It's not meant to be used as an offensive move. And Little knockback. Maybe like a Falco Blaster stun. Short.

2. PSA Help.

I am helping my friend out with an Altair PSA he wants, also on Link. So I'm using some of Pit's animations. SwingDash and Swing4 to be exact. (Due to left handed properties for most beam sword swordsman.)

Well, I know I can copy the animation directly from Pit and put it on Link. But since I wanna learn, I tried changing some things of Link. Really just changing the asynchronous timers. I'm not to sure what the changes I'm doing are... Could you tell me what asynchronous timers do? I thought I was changing the sword slash and when it activates and stops. But It didn't really work.

Please and Thanks.

Fennec

Smash Rookie
Well, since your offering help, I may as well ask...

I'm trying to get Kirby to permanently have his Snake hat. I'm not sure how to do this, or if it's even something doable in PSA. I've looked through his actions and such and can't find anything that loads the other models for him, so I'm not sure if it can be done or if I'm just bad at this. If you could offer me any advice at all, I'd be extremely grateful!

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys I'll get to work on your Link "Shield Bash" and an asynchronous timer basically is a timer that halts the code and starts counting down from the beginning of your animation, this is really basic stuff so go here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243626 to learn about PSA and come back to me if you have any more problems

As for kirby's snake hat I believe its an RA: Bit variable so you could look through the PSA to determine which one and once you find it set it to true ue in pretty much all movement/damage animations and then you could effectively be snake kirby all the time. I may be mistaken on that though.
-Omni

mariodk

Smash Ace
i only Request Three animations(it for Down-Smash start/hold/attack):
Goku´s Kiai canon:
image of it:

.gif animation of it:

maybe Four but i can´t find a good idea for up-tilt for Goku

Fennec

Smash Rookie
As for kirby's snake hat I believe its an RA: Bit variable so you could look through the PSA to determine which one and once you find it set it to true ue in pretty much all movement/damage animations and then you could effectively be snake kirby all the time. I may be mistaken on that though.
-Omni
Alright, that makes sense. I'll look into that. Thanks for the help!

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
i only Request Three animations(it for Down-Smash start/hold/attack):
Goku´s Kiai canon:
image of it:

.gif animation of it:

maybe Four but i can´t find a good idea for up-tilt for Goku
its Goku time

mariodk

Smash Ace
i dont think i needing Down-Smash anyway i think i just made a really good one
but up-tilt(still not sure what attack it need to be but CP. falcon´s up-tlit dont fit for Goku)
and Mario´s Throws/Cactch Animations over Goku (they all almost fit for Goku but animations needed to be fixed for the model i have tried for afew days i can´t get them good looking)

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
@fennec np thats what im for

MarioDK once again Ill need a reference pic for the animation

@royal blade here's your animation so go into your new motionetc and replace the attackS3S with this animation and in PSA find the subaction that uses attackS3S as an animation and then go to "Main" and go to the "Other" tab and put asynchronous timer of 10 frames then after that put underneath of it:
Bit Variable Set: LA-Bit[65]=true
This will allow Link's shield to neutralize all projectiles that hit it.
In the "Main" tab put asynchronous timer 12 frames then put your collisions on his Shield Bone (bone 46) and then put synchrnous timer of 10 frames and then terminate collision.

Link's Shield Bash: http://www.mediafire.com/?batzyda0v9ftph6
Animations a little cruddy I hate animating Link he has so many wierd bones that spazz out so its kinda crappy plz give details in what you need like what it should look like should this be a shield punch? or like a swing like a shield slash.
-Omni

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I actually just made my own Shield Bash over Link's dash attack, however it's much more similar to Captain America's Charging Star than the LoZ move. I might upload it later if enough people want it.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
@AngelGlory he's looking for a side-tilt lol I was thinking how much easier it would have been as a dash attack but whatever, also the laptop I'm using isn't my normal computer and the grapihcs card sucks so animations are difficult but not impossible.
@SonictheHedgehog2 explain what you mean like what attack are you trying to make?
-Omni

mariodk

Smash Ace
MarioDK once again Ill need a reference pic for the animation
-Omni
the pic of Mario´s throws/Catch animations is easy just Mario Throws/Catchs over Goku(Cp. falcon model)

i think i got the idea for up-tilt now
just Sonic´s over Goku(until i got better idea) that one fit more for Goku then Cp. falcon´s up-tilt

also a idea for a Win:

for Side-Taunt i needing this:

while you is doing this i am getting the PSA ready for over Pit too

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
That is a nice shield bash animation. But I was hoping more for something like this:
(< only the first part. And obviously with more frames.)
Where the shield is out (similar to the image above) then is in front of him, then bashes.
The bash should have ending lag.

For example: Link pushes his shield forward, shield is in-front for a bit, then goes back to standing.

Get it?

Also, would this count for a new animation? (Like wait for next week) or the same one?

SmashAttackx

Smash Cadet
@SonicTheHedgehog02
Gfx=graphic effects. They're graphical, meaning they are pretty much images. If u want to make the gfx deal damage, you'll have to connect it to a bone from your character, move that bone in front of the character (edit the animation), then go into PSA and add a gfx and a hitbox to that bone. Also, when u choose a bone to connect the gfx and hitbox to, make sure u don't use one like his hand or head. Use one that is disconnected and free from the characters body.

I need help with something that hasn't been working for a while. It is a special move that goes like this:
1. hold down b, character charges attack
2. attack gets stronger every now and then while charging
3. when b is released, character dashes forward and keeps running for some distance. (no damage is dealt yet)
4. If 0B, character thrusts out hand and the hitbox on his hand deals the damage that was set in step 2.

I've studied this attack and how to do it for a while, but it doesn't work.
Step 1 works, idk if step 2 works, step 3 works, step 4 does not work. If 0B never connects, even though i'm pretty sure i used it right. The hitbox never comes out.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Mmk this is literally Thor's Lightning Storm which I just made lol you just put the thrownN bone where you spawn the lightning from and put hitboxes of the same size down the y axis of the ThrowN bone.
-Omni

Bertroll

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if you can make custom hitbubbles / hitboxes for brawl or possibly just make them transparent / opaque? would be a great help than to do it manually thanks ^_^

SmashAttackx

Smash Cadet
@Bertroll
Hitboxes are invisible, unless u add ext graphics, gfx, or hit flags to them.
@SonicTheHedgehog02
Moving the throwN bone shouldn't freeze the game.

My issue is at the top of page 2, in case nobody saw it yet...

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
@smashattackx so your working on Sasuke, yes it is that obvious, for Chidori you can set up 4 subactions so after your 1st subaction anim is complete (the Chidori start) then go to the 2nd (charging animation) make sure in animation flags it is set to "loop". Special code should look something like this:
Change subaction: (Chidoristart)
Set LA-Bit: whatever one is unused probably like 100 or 101 set it to whatever you want your minimum damage to be so maybe 5?
Asynchronous timer: however long startup is
Change subaction: Chidoricharge
set loop: infinite
If button release (1)
change subaction: Chidori dash
else
Bit variable add: LA-Bit: 100+.05
synchronous timer:1 frame
loop rest
execute loop

Then in your chidori dash subaction there should be a hitbox on his body like size 10 with no KB or damage, also make sure there's a set character momentum to move him horizontally unless the anim moves him then in the other tab a code like so:
Set loop (however long you want him to dash for)
If hitbox id0: connects
Change subaction: chidori thrust
End if
synchronoius timer 1 frame

I n chidori thrust make sure the hitbox damage is set to La-Bit 100
if you want it to effect the knockback too then make another variable in the special code adn make sure your hitbox's KB growth is set to LA-Bit:100

Get back to me after you try that and if it doesn't work I'll build one myself

@Bartroll or whatever you need to read this:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243626

-Omni

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
You can always manually set each of the hitboxes over the GFX with offset from bone 0.
-Omni

Do you have flags on the hitboxes?

SmashAttackx

Smash Cadet
@Omniscient X
Thanks for the reply, but i think it tried all of that. Mine has a little extra though:
In Action 112 (neutral b)
Change subaction: 1cf (charge animation (i skipped intro for now))
Set loop infinite
Change Action=118, req=button release 1 (1=B button)
Synchronous Timer: frames=1
Execute loop

In Action 118
Set loop infinite
Change Action=117, req=button release 1
Synchronous Timer frames=1
Execute Loop
(i have no idea why i included this action, but i dont think it makes a difference)

In action 117
Basic variable set: LA-Basic[100] = 22 (22=base damage for now)
Change subaction: sub action 1d0 (the dash animation/subaction)
Asynchronous Timer frames=60 (after these frames, the dash ends)
Change subaction: subaction=c4 (the attack animation)

In 1cf
basic variable set: LA-Basic[100] = 22 (i set this again just in case, don't think it matters)
Set loop 7 times (number of times i want it to add damage max)
Basic variable add: la-basic[100] + 5
Synchronous Timer: frames = 15
Execute loop

In 1d0
Most of the stuff in here isn't that important, like the momentum, but this is pretty essential:
In main, a special offensive collision on the throwN bone which is in front of the character, damage=0
In gfx, Set loop infinite, If:3d, Change subaction c4, end if, synchronous timer frames=1, execute loop

Then, in c4, the hitbox's damage is set to LA-Basic[100]
I'll try out ur code, but i prefer what i have since your code is a little different than mine in results.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Oh, good! Can you tell me how to make a polygon or bone invisible? It's for a Marth-based character over Falco.

Thanks. :)

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Question: How can I make Pit always have a blade in each hand. Like what happens after he uses a smash attack.

I would like to know if this is PSA related or in the model files.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
What do you want to make invisible? It's kinda a case by case thing.
-Omni
Marth`s sheath and extra face polygons (I only want his default face to show up, except during damage animations, and a blinking effect using his BlinkHalfM and stuff would be epic)

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Marth's sheath is based on a change model aspect which should work even when ported, if in doubt then simply go into all the anims and at the 1st frame zero out the sheath bone's scale and just hex out the ouchM face and stuff that's what I usually do for those kind of problems. An alternate solution is to use eye events.
-Omni

PS: Everyone can now request external GFX here as well :)

mariodk

Smash Ace
ok i needing one external GFX:

Super ghost Kamikaze Attack
for my avvy´s moveset as soon i get started as i will after three fast done movesets and Goku moveset(S) is almost done and adult goku/Kid Goku(GT) is also almost done with their Animations :D
image of the ghosts:

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Hmm ok you could hex out the rest and leave ouchM then that would give you your result. Maybe you need to explain exactly what you want me to give you a solution to? Because Marth pretty much does what your talking about he only has his OuchM for the damaged animations.
-Omni

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well, because right now, he has all of the polygons showing up at the same time, giving the character a pretty creepy face. I only want one at the same time, obviously.

I mean, I want to be able to change which face polygon shows up at certain times. Like, only have the normal face on most idle and stuff animations, but then make OuchM and only OuchM show up when hit.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
For my amy project, i put a hammer over d3's jet hammer, then made it spawn that artcile. but ingame once i pick a stage the game freezes. anyone know why?

jugy3

Smash Rookie
Hey i've just started off, and i would like to know how to increase the knockback of an attack. Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom