• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PT Alternate Costumes?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Also it would be awsome if they had Pokeball colour changes, like not just Pokeballs maybe Great, Ultra, Lure, Love, Heavy, Moon, Master or even GS balls!

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
They'll probably do the same thing they did for Pikachu/Pichu. Give them colored clothing to wear or something like that.

Cervantes

Smash Rookie
Who?
And I do remember them saying that there's only 1/272 chances for a Pokemon to be a different color then the norm.
</Lurk Mode>

Wrong. It's a 1/8192 chance.

Any ways, I believe one of two possibilities with the Trainer. First, The trainer's clothes change different shades. Second, The trainer actually changes his appearance to the other three male protagonists.
For the first one, this would be the easy way out, but definately the least preferred.

As for the second, His normal costume could be the red costume (get it?), while yellow could be the Gold character, Blue could be Lucas from Diamond and Pearl, and Green could be Brenden's Emerald iteration. This would be especially easy because the male protagonists look basically the same (excluding Brenden), minus slightly different clothes.

Now that I think about it, the most likely thing would be for them to have simple color swaps, but the color swaps would resemble Gold, Lucas, and Brenden. I would like that the best, since it's still actually red, but you get the satisfaction of seeing the other three at the same time.

As for the Pokemon, I'm not that sure.
Like a lot of people have stated, I believe the Pokemon will get accessories to match Red's color swap. I really liked the idea of having one shiny plus the other two having accessories.
This is what I think will happen:
Ivysaur:
Red: Default
Yellow: Yellow Tinge + Yellow Scarf
Blue: See yellow except blue
Green: no tinge change, green scarf
Shiny: Shiny form

Charizard:
Yellow: Power Band on arm
Blue: Power Anklet on leg
Green: Power Weights on arms and legs
Shiny: Shiny form

Squirtle
Yellow: Yellow Glasses
Blue: Blue Glasses
Green: Green Glasses
Shiny: Shiny form + Black Glasses

Well, that's my two cents.

<Lurk Mode>

Edit:
I remember someone saying they'd like to see The trainer with shiny versions of his Pokemon. Well, I had some free time, so I made this:

pud22

Smash Apprentice
i dunno if any1 has already said this but it might be coo if u could have a female poke trainer as an alt costume. i wouldnt b very hard either seein as the just sittin the background.

Jones4Life

Smash Apprentice
In the space between you're oven and fridge
i know it wont happen, but it'd be prtty cool if the different costumes were trainers from different regeons, with pokemon changing respectively. it prolly wont happen, though, because there would have to b alot of different moves... yeah wont happen.

Female trainer would be nice. Maybe "Gary". Althoughi dont know how on earth their gonna change the pokemon to make em into different costumes while still not compromising their appearance.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
They can just change the pokemon by adding items like Pikachu and Jiggles. The Trainer would become hopefully Leaf, Gold, Kris, Lucas and Dawn (with a longer skirt). Not May or Brendan, 3rd gen sucks.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I think he's just talking about the standard PKMN Trainer. Gym Leaders wouldn't work, since they don't use Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Charizard.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'm thinking like various objects the pokemon have had in their possession from the show. Like A Charizard with a Bow, A Squirtle with sunglasses, etc.

Oh, and Because there's only one Mewtwo in existence, that makes him more rare then a common Squirtle.
Charizard: Spiked necklace (like a bullgdog)
Squirtle: Sunglasses
Ivysaur: idk

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Well, from Oozo_the_Clown's old Brawl Photoshops, the idea would for Ivysaur to have a scowl, and be wearing shackles.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Well, in Pokémon Battle Revolution, shiny Charizard is dark blue, not black, or purple... How many different shiny colors can a Pokémon have? XD

I do hope it is the Pokémon that have the alternate costumes/colors, and not the trainer, since I won't really be paying attention to him anyways, since he isn't fighting, and he's in the background.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
The trainer should either become all of the playable characters, or the 1st gen classics:

Red
Normal Pokémon

Blue
Shiny Pokémon

Green
Squirtle with large bow
Ivysaur with flowing ribbons
Charizard with bows on its horns

Professor Oak
Squirtle with lab coat
Ivysaur with safety goggles
Charizard with rubber gloves

Giovanni
Squirtle with shades
Ivysaur with spiked shackles
Charizard with leather jacket

Classic Red
Grayscaled and equalized Pokémon, to give impression of the GameBoy

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Cool idea, but I'd rather see Giovanni as a boss. Where he uses his pokemon one at a time. Golem, Pidegot, and then it cuts to him calling out Mewtwo, who in turn, overpowers Giovanni, and fights all on his own. And that's how you unlock Mewtwo as a character.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Cool idea, but I'd rather see Giovanni as a boss. Where he uses his pokemon one at a time. Golem, Pidegot, and then it cuts to him calling out Mewtwo, who in turn, overpowers Giovanni, and fights all on his own. And that's how you unlock Mewtwo as a character.
Well, just imagine I said "Team Rocket Grunt" instead.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Yeah, but only Giovanni had a Mewtwo. A Rocket Grunt would have Arbok, Wheezing, and Raticate.

hacker_renegade

Smash Apprentice
i don't think they will change the trainer costume, the Pokemon will probably change costumes though, and if they don't get a shiny pallet swap, im gonna be pissed

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
How about an anime inspired set?
Clone (first movie) charizard
Sunglasses Squirtle
Hearts on head (with some other more visible change) Ivysaur.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
probably just take the different guys and gals from the game (eg. g/s r/s d/p and so on)
for a girl alternate, her pokemon could all be girls. cuz in diamond and pearl, gender differences were introduced (eg. ivysaur female as a seed in its flower.)

accessories for the pokemon could very for alternate costumes. cuz those were also introduced in d/p in the contests where you dressed up your pokemon with accessories. oh yeah, i'm a genius! :)

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
also, it bothered me that mewtwo changed colors completely but, what else could they do?

Hero-Of-Time

Smash Rookie
He means all it showed was COLOR changes and not MAJOR changes. Like becoming the other gender....

Risu-Zeon

Smash Rookie
Well, since there are 6 colors variations now... I see this:

Red: Male: Normal Pokemon; Normal Trainer
Blue: Male: Pokemon reverse colors [Squirtle Orange, Ivysaur Purple, Charizard Blue] and Trainer in Blue
Black: Male: Shiny Pokemon; Trainer is Black
Yellow: Female: Normal Pokemon w/ girl accesories [Bows, ect] and Normal Female Trainer [FR/LG]
Green: Female: Pokemon reverse colors w/ girl accesories and Female Trainer in Green
Purple: Female: Shiny Pokemon w/ girl accesories and Female Trainer in Purple.

If not.. I see just only the Male Trainer with the Pokemon with Bandanas and shiny variations.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Risu, why do you think Red will suddenly become a girl? I think it's clear now, especially with that COLOR change update, that Red is his own character. He won't become a girl.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Again, what the hell are you talking about? Red wasn't in that update.
It's logical. =_= Look at the colour changes. Note that no one changed gender. Everyone kept their basic form. Pokemon Trainer's basic form is just that, a MALE with a hat, shirt and jeans. He won't suddenly change into a girl with a different type of hat, shirt and skirt. THAT'S what I'm saying. A colour change means a colour change. Not a completely different alternate character model. Only Pokemon had something added to them, and I see no reason for that to change now.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
It's logical. =_= Look at the colour changes. Note that no one changed gender. Everyone kept their basic form. Pokemon Trainer's basic form is just that, a MALE with a hat, shirt and jeans. He won't suddenly change into a girl with a different type of hat, shirt and skirt. THAT'S what I'm saying. A colour change means a colour change. Not a completely different alternate character model. Only Pokemon had something added to them, and I see no reason for that to change now.
So because there's no female Mario, Green isn't in the game? Riiiiiight... Makes PERFECT sense...
*coughcrazycough*

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Well you obviously don't get it. The colour changes are simply that--colour changes. Quite frankly, I don't even know how this idea of such alternate costumes became so common when evidence pretty much points to there being no such thing. Pokemon Trainer is clearly a character...to have his alternate costume be a girl makes no sense at all, especially when Sakurai clearly calls Pokemon Trainer a 'he'. Do you notice anyone changing sex in any Smash games before? No? So why would it be done now? Just face it. Pokemon Trainer is a he, and all six of his costumes will involve him continuing to be a guy. Just like if you tried to give Mario and Link female alternates, they wouldn't be Mario and Link. Give Pokemon Trainer a female costume when he's already been desginated as a he, and it won't be Pokemon Trainer.

Your female Mario comparison didn't even make sense in the first place, to be honest. I'd say you're the crazy one, as you're not even giving me a good reason why Red would suddenly become a girl when his model and sex have clearly been determined from the start. And if you think that they're going to have another female Pokemon Trainer...what would be the point? Green isn't very important. Yes, the gender switch was introduced in Crystal, but people still played through Red/Blue/Green/Yellow as Red, and faced Red himself in G/S/C and Pokemon Stadium 2. He's the Pikachu of all trainers. Why is it so important to have Green, who's only been in one game to date, when Red is the face of Pokemon? (Trainer wise, anyhow).

leefan

Smash Cadet
hm... i think its possible, but unlikely. take peach, she would become daisy in a different color. and it wasnt just a skin change, if you looked, they also changed the facial features.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's true. But Peach is still going from girl to girl...especially one that looks like her.

On the other hand, people are asking for Pokemon Trainer, who is a boy, to be able to switch to a female that looks nothing like him. Not only does she have a different backpack, she's got different hair, a different hat, shirt and a skirt. That, and assuming Red talks or at least grunts....they'll need another voice actress or else that girl would sound like a boy.

And as I've stated over and over again, Sakurai's already called Pokemon Trainer a boy. If the girl was meant to be an alternate costume or a "colour change", she would be in Pokemon Trainer's profile picture, and Pokemon Trainer wouldn't have to be referred to as he every single time. There's never been a time when a character has changed genders by changing their costume colour, and I definitely don't see it happening now.

soren 345

Smash Rookie
So... How long do you think you could go without a pokemon out? Do you think it will have a time limit and if you run out it will automatically send in a random one? Or maybe you use a certain button combo; but that would take away some moves....

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Pichu is the only Pokemon without a shiny form in Melee believe it or not (Red Pikachu, Blue Jiggs, and green mewtwo)

I expect similar results for the Pokemon of Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff's shiny should be purple-ish with bright green eyes...

Mewtwo should also have green eyes.

I'm not sure if they purposely made the pokemon 'shiny' or not in melee... But i'm sure it will be blantantly appartent that they did if we see black charizard.

Top Bottom