• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PT Test?

Xdrows

Smash Rookie
Can someone who owns brawl right now please test a theory of mine? Since Olimar's Pikmin are immune to some abilities, are the pokemon immune to their types?

Try seeing if bowser's neutral B is less damaging on Charzard than Ivysaur, F.L.U.D.D. for Charzard and Squirtle. Couldn't think of a grass based attack for Ivysaur except Ivysaur v Ivysaur.

Can anyone test this or discuss?

ngtm

Smash Cadet
i'm curious too, however ptrain vs ptrain battles would be annoying...constant switching out to get the upper hand....metapod vs magikarp battle? harden vs splash....who wins...

pictish freak

Smash Ace
From simple video watching I can deconfirm this for the most part. Pikachu did regular damage with electric attacks to squirtle, and I've not noticed any other similar match up advantage.

Some more rigorous investigation may turn out to be worthwhile, but from the initial obvious stuff (Pika vs Squirtle) it seems the trend set is that pokemon don't care about type match ups in brawl.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
i'm curious too, however ptrain vs ptrain battles would be annoying...constant switching out to get the upper hand....metapod vs magikarp battle? harden vs splash....who wins...
nobody...
10chars

Top Bottom