• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puff Matchup

thx

Smash Ace
why would doc be a hard matchup? their recovery sucks so once they are off the stage they should be done

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
More time is spent on-stage than off-stage. That's what makes Falco so good in general. But anyway, your best move (Rest) is out of the question versus Doc. Your Bair is still good as always, though.

thx

Smash Ace
same could be said for fox.
but we all kno fox is still a lot faster than jiggly and he has a lot of good moves that outrioritize puffs

which brings me back to the question of why i mean a jiggly who can space well shouldnt have to much of a problem with this because i cant really see what he can do to you back besides pill spam maybe? (im just wondering because im curious)

bolt.

Smash Ace
I think Marth is the second best after Fox, but that because I have never faced a good doc and I can't stand playing Marth with any character.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Doc vs Jiggz?

:D

Okay, so he has the best way EVAR to punish your rest. You miss at 10% and you're dead on pretty much any stage. Cape*4>fsmash. I think he can get 5 capes, but I get nervous. Either way, it's ******** easy.

Pills do 8% each. Nair does like... 12? and has this nasty habit of trading with most/possibly all of Jiggz aerials.

If you space a bair so that he can't trade, he can just cape it and get a free 12% on you. Might be 14, dun remember.

Dthrow>rest (the REAL rest, not yo candy *** upb) kills at ******** percents. Like... 40-60ish, depending on stage. Probably 30% on YS. So 2 pills and a random aerial, and you're looking at killing percents.

Usmash is invul and can kill, but I dun use it much vs Jiggs.

Pill camping is gay.

If you're below 15% or so (maybe 10), he can dthrow to dair for like... 24-28%. If he catches you sleeping on your DI, it can go later, and he can end it with a bair/nair/uair, tangent on DI and a billion other things.

jab>dsmash is fairly reliable against puff. You ~could~ try resting, but if he blocks it/it misses, say goodbye to your stock.

So yeah, there are a few reasons why Doc vs Puff = :D

If you get him off the stage, he should be dead.

But considering he has projectiles and most Doc players aren't ********, he'll prolly just force you to approach him in the middle of the stage, so your OMGARR edgeguards aren't too great.

Oh, and don't even think about nair>rest, or any shenanigans like that. If you come in with a backwards nair, rest (hahahahaha) assured that you're gonna eat an fsmash. If you come in with one facing him (dunno why you would, but...), expect a FH ff fair. That's a lotta Fs, and it's gonna kill you at ******** percents.

Just learn Marf for this match-up, srsly.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Five capes is 175 frames, plus the startup on fsmash is 12 which makes 189. Which is nine frames over the three seconds Jigglypuff is asleep.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Also, cape has its own hitlag that is separate from the rest lag. Compare this to this.
The links dont work for me :/

why is fox harder than marth? grab upthrow rest
Oh crap, we need to rethink this fox matchup guys! We totally overlooked uthrow to rest...

He's harder cos he camps and is impossible to grab, and when he gets grabbed, he DIs the throw

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
why is fox harder than marth? grab upthrow rest
Basically what Tamoo said. No good Fox is going to get Uthrow Rested almost ever.

And because Fox can laser, run around and do silly Fox things till like 60% then upsmash you into heaven.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Oh crap, we need to rethink this fox matchup guys! We totally overlooked uthrow to rest...
*dies laughing*

Also, Fox just kills Jigglypuff easier than Marth does. Marth against Jigglypuff turns into a pokefest.

m&m1992

Smash Cadet
The links dont work for me :/

He's harder cos he camps and is impossible to grab, and when he gets grabbed, he DIs the throw
okay campy fox is hard.
but when i play against my friend and when i just camp he´d reset the game.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Kobe is the dthrow or uthrow to fair, I believe.

EDIT:

It's guaranteed at kill percentages, supposedly, on everyone except for Samus.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
For the Fox matchup, just Bair a lot. If you don't get too high, he can't get in. If he lasers, just Bair in frontof him, where its not safe for him to laser. Mix in some empty hops, and they're bound to make a mistake before you even hit him.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Basically what Tamoo said. No good Fox is going to get Uthrow Rested almost ever.

And because Fox can laser, run around and do silly Fox things till like 60% then upsmash you into heaven.

This is such an lol statement. Every good Fox has been upthrow rested in legit tournament matches.

The only real difference is Fox/Falco are the only top tiers that can actually grab Puff safely, and only Fox can really punish Jiggs out of it.

-ArcNatural

Top Bottom