• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puff vs. Pac

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
I have always had trouble fighting :4pacman: as my main:4jigglypuff:.

and since the Jigglypuff matchup Forum is pretty much dead I came here to the experts.
What tips do you guys have to fight this fruit throwing menace using nothing but a (puffy)balloon with eyes?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
The one grand finals I ever made it to offline I lost it to a puff player. Went down to set 2 match 5 as well. I've improved in the matchup quite a bit since then though.

Megamon

Smash Cadet
I usually have success against Puff, but if the Puff main can catch fruit, it can make it a tad annoying. Have you practiced catching items in the air? My favorite aerial against Puff is bair, but I think Puff rules in the air, so most of the time I avoid that area. Stay in the air, and get in Pac's face. If you let him load the key, it can mean a quick stock, unless you can catch items. Catching items is basically your best bet. Get Pac-man offstage and stop his pellet, or jump on the trampoline fast. Gimping him is fairly simple with Puff if you practice it enough. Bell is a bit of a problem due to it's trajectory, but you can cancel it out with certain moves, or catch it altogether if you are familiar with it's mechanics. Hydrant is usually used as a decoy if the Pac-man knows you want it off the stage, which you kinda do since it mucks up approaches, but you can always use it yourself. Just gotta be patient and wait most of the time against good ones. Just don't allow the Pac-man to get too creative with the hydrant. Can break shield easily. Make sure to use it to your advantage when you have the advantage on it. Learn what moves ko the hydrant in one hit, and which ones throw it a certain way. Some Pac-men roll a lot when approached if they're recklessly loading fruit on the ground. Be ready for it, because Jiggs can really punish a roll.

Top Bottom