• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punch and Pie: A Brawl Tournament - Rochester, NY - Oct 4th

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Punch and Pie: A Brawl Tournament​

We got plenty of interest from Rochester area colleges, locals in general, Buffalo, Syracuse, and NJ!!! so far. Come on people!!

You all know the drill by now. Xiivi provides a nice big comfortable room with food and drink for everyone and everyone has a good time. Note: I'm going with a SBR-esque ruleset, which I'm sure no one is familiar with. Figure out stage striking, it's really not bad at all.

Date: October 4th

Place: [MAPS ARE THERE: LOOK AT THEM]
Chambers Screening Room [Bottom Floor of the Chambers Building in Hill Court]
University of Rochester
995 Hill Court Road
Rochester, New York 14627
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9...ectionspc9.png
http://www.rochester.edu/maps/river_campus/index.html
Also use the address in google maps, it'll help for specific directions!

Phone: 317.753.5476
Email: amir.corsaro@mail.rochester.edu
Aim: Xiivi

Schedule:
The tournament is starting on time. If you are going to be late you MUST call me and I'll add you into the bracket.

12 – 2: Registration/Free Play/Set-up
2 – 4: Brawl Teams
4 – 7: Brawl Singles
7 – 9: Brawl Low Tiers (Will be cut if time does not permit.)
9 – 11: Free Play & Clean-Up

Entry Fees:
Venue Fee: 5$$
Brawl Singles: 10$$
Brawl Doubles: 20$$ Per Team (aka, 10$$ per person)
Brawl Low Tiers: 5$$

Prizes:
First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Brawl Rules:
-- Best 2/3 (Finals 3/5)
-- 3 stock
-- 8:00 Time Limit
-- Ties broken by lives, then percentage.
-- Double Elimination
-- First Stage is decided by stage striking. Each player strikes a stage until one is left.
-- Stage Banning: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.
-- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.
-- Double Blind Character pick may be called at the beginning of every set.
-- Team Attack ON
-- Life Stealing allowed
-- Items OFF and set to NONE
-- 7 Neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1, Lylat Cruise, Delfino Plaza
-- 15 Counterpicks: Halberd, PS2, Pictochat, Rainbow Cruise, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Castle Siege, Distant Planet, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Jungle Japes, Onett, Green Greens, Brinstar, Corneria
--Low Tier Characters: Lucas, Ness, Mario, Pokémon Trainer, Samus, Yoshi, Sonic, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Link, Captain Falcon, Solo Ice Climber, No Pikmin Olimar
-- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
-- Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Performing an infinite past 200% is considered stalling. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
-- NO Refunds
-- Bring your own controller
-- Any other calls/disputes will be settled by FIF

Bringing TVs, Wiis, copies of the game, and power strips would be a great help. Please bring any of these items if you can. If you do, please be sure to mark them in some way, shape, or form so that they can be identified as your own.

Wii List:
Xiivi
Ian
Jesse

TV List:
Xiivi
Xiivi
Jesse
Jesse
Owna

Poster that I totally didn't rip off:

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
About time we got another tournament rolling here at the U of R :) All of the previous ones have been fantastic, so make sure you come to this one.

Xiivi - of course I'll be there :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Should I ask off for this tourney, or for the arena biweekly the week after, i think its only right to ask one off, seeing as asking off for two saturdays in a row when you work at a restaurant is not a good look. so just let me know which one is going to be bigger, and ill make sure ill be at that one...

P.S. Ill be going all Sonic for low tiers and ill ****, lol

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
P.S. Ill be going all Sonic for low tiers and ill ****, lol
Ganondorf > Sonic >>> Other Low Tiers

Anyway...the tournaments attract the same crowd, except this one also gets a lot of college kids to come too since it'll be advertised on the college campus. So this one will probably end up being a bit bigger. I would definitely recommend missing a biweekly for this, it's a lot of fun and doesn't happen nearly as often as the biweekly. Plus...punch and pie. How could you go wrong?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thanks for being serious for the minute it took you to type those 2 lines, i appreciate it, and i should be there, ****** low tiers. and btw I think if I have to play against a no pikmin olimar, i might just jump off the edge, cus that mess is a BOLd MOVe, and is there a way to make nana kill herself at the beginning of every stock, how would that work?

ill be looking forward to it

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
We should also get a big group together to hit that niagara tourney in a few months. so we can go up there and **** canada

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
I hope I can make this tourney. It's right after a lockin, but I'll schedule the biweekly a week afterwards to extend the fun. Last time I attended, I was still sobering up and I lost to Dom. Thumbs way down!! No Johns though. I just wont lose again.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
ill def try to make it there earlier this time and not fall asleep on the couch like last time
Come and bring plenty of people. I'm sure you guys are hiding some good talent near Buffalo. We need all of WNY in on this. Need to start off big. But yeah, plenty of couches for sleeping if you people want to. We make sure everyone is comfortable, lol.

PUNCH AND PIE! Sh*t, where could you go wrong?

Sharky

Smash Master
GAH! I need a ride to this! Yoshi FTW in low tiers! >.< Ah well, anyone in/around syracuse going to this? =/

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
melee i might be there to win every match bc i cant lose in melee esp against western ny
lol i'll stomp u

WELLLLL airline tickets rose like freaking CRAZY and now it's 400 dollars instead of 250 just a week ago so I am definitely not going to Texas. :(

However, what that means is I WILL be here to take your mone...err, enjoy your company!

Sharky

Smash Master
hehe we'll see, Jesse. We'll see.

On another note: Ian, teams? =D

EDIT: Ian, teams, if I can get a ride there? =P

Og Triple oG

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely coming to this, from NJ. I'll be coming with a bunch of friends, see everyone there.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
WHO's bringing some extra set-ups? I need to know so I can add you to the list. Come on WNY, don't be stingy. LOL

melee i might be there to win every match bc i cant lose in melee esp against western ny
If you actually come, I'd be thoroughly impressed. Considering you'd say you'd come to every one of my events thus far and not appeared for a single one. :p

Anywho, my low tiers are pikminless olimar, and Luigi if he is considered Low Tier.
I did provide a list of the low tiers in the opening post. I guess I'll have to make sure you see them by posting them again for you. LOL

Low Tier Characters: Lucas, Ness, Mario, Pokémon Trainer, Samus, Yoshi, Sonic, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Link, Captain Falcon, Solo Ice Climber, No Pikmin Olimar

wow I was getting so excited for this but then I remembered I live on LI
Then move. ;)

However, what that means is I WILL be here to take your mone...err, enjoy your company!
Edit your first post if you are coming. LOL Did you get M2K's ticket?

I'm definitely coming to this, from NJ. I'll be coming with a bunch of friends, see everyone there.
If a bunch of NJ people are coming I might have to get a bigger room. Or reserve a second room or something. Tell me how many you guys are bringing ASAP.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i'm probably going to this and gonna be at arena sometime that weekend too

so i want

melee money matches

melee

money

your money in my pocket

bc i **** melee

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
where the love who wants to play smash melee all nite long

also pending accepting teams money matches (j.a.p. stages only + poke 4 teams mm) "j ap" is seriously censored wow *** this site sometimes lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
SURGO! WE MISS YOU!

Anywho, my low tiers are pikminless olimar, and Luigi if he is considered Low Tier.
if i get to this... and i play against you in low tier i might just jump off the ledge because of the sheer boldness that goes into playing a no pikmin oli,...

i mean, that just unfair, he should at least be allowed to have 1 pikmin.

and ill know for sure whether im coming or not on saturday

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
So...anyone care to provide TVs/Wiis? Unless you want the tourny to happen with like 2/3 TVs or something. -_-;;

Top Bottom