• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punch-Out!! Assist Trophy

Punch-Out!! Assist Trophy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Mad Clown is more or less a palette swap of Bear Hugger. I like the idea of the player 2 Little Mac as a replacement, so we get two Macs for the price of one!
He's as much a palette swap of bear hugger as soda popinski is to super macho man, bald bull is to mr. Sandman, great tiger to Von kaiser etc. punch-out does that. Doesn't make the characters any less interesting and unique.

Last edited:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't see the appeal with King Hippo really. He's not very mobile to be an AT. I can see him as a boss more so.

These are my choices.

Bald Bull
To me he seems more of Little Mac's rival than any other character. He has appeared in all Punch Out games (with Hippo only in two). He was also in Warioware game and arm wrestling game. Just like his barber he doesn't know when to quit. He is big and really fast with his bull charge gives an instant K.O.

Mr. Sandman
The only other person I could think that could be consider Little Mac's rival would be Mr. Sandman. He's also been in every Punch Out game and is usually one of the toughest contenders in the series. Usually when you see parody movies Sandman is the man to beat.

Hoy Quarlow

This guy has the craziest fighting style in the Punch Out series. Using his cane he would bounce off the ropes and hit you from all angles. If we're going to have a SNES rep I would want him.

Mike Tyson
I didn't choose him because he's a real person. A nightmarish character with lighting fast instant kills uppercuts. Though I think he would be a very good boss, personally.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My pics for Assist Trophy are Super Macho Man and Aran Ryan, so I guess I'm voting other. :D

I just love the idea of Super Macho Man showing off in the center of the ring with a beam of light focusing on him (while the rest of the stage goes 50% dark) as he poses to the audience.
Then, if anyone gets inside the spotlight (or anywhere near him) Super Macho Man will perform a clothesline with pretty much an early KO for the unfortunate bystander.

Aran Ryan would either run around performing savage jumping punches, before taking out his boxing glove concealing horseshoe on a rope... OR.... he acts like Nintendog, taunting the audience telling them to back off, or switch the game off while he takes up all of the screen. He might even flip the camera upside down for a while too. XD

And my sentiment is exactly like Master Rapier's. King Hippo would make a pretty cool boss since he's a powerhouse that barely moves.

I get the feeling that Piston Hondo will be our Assist Trophy though. Sort of replacing Knuckle Joe.

Last edited:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
My pics for Assist Trophy are Super Macho Man and Aran Ryan, so I guess I'm voting other. :D

I just love the idea of Super Macho Man showing off in the center of the ring with a beam of light focusing on him (while the rest of the stage goes 50% dark) as he poses to the audience.
Then, if anyone gets inside the spotlight (or anywhere near him) Super Macho Man will perform a clothesline with pretty much an early KO for the unfortunate bystander.

Aran Ryan would either run around performing savage jumping punches, before taking out his boxing glove concealing horseshoe on a rope... OR.... he acts like Nintendog, taunting the audience telling them to back off, or switch the game off while he takes up all of the screen. He might even flip the camera upside down for a while too. XD

And my sentiment is exactly like Master Rapier's. King Hippo would make a pretty cool boss since he's a powerhouse that barely moves.

I get the feeling that Piston Hondo will be our Assist Trophy though. Sort of replacing Knuckle Joe.
I think Super Macho Man is more classic but Aryan Ryan would be more dynamic. You should mix his skills up where he runs around attacking people making special wise cracks to the people on stage. To Link "How scary is a boy plays with faries?", Mario "Aye you smell like you just came from your day job, plummer.", Pikachu "It looks like we have a rodent problem. Time for an exterminator."

Also when he attacks he can sometimes use his glove on the rope attack for a deceptive range attack. For people who don't know him would probably think he fight just like little mac. When they see him do that they'll go "WTF!"

Ragna22

Smash Ace
While I think it'd be funny for Mike Tyson to be the assist trophy, I think King Hippo is the more likely choice though if they want a character who could mimic Mac's assist trophy abilities as well as having their own thing we'd probably get Don Flamenco or Bald Bull, Bald Bull in particular could be interesting cause he could try to ram into people, Doc Lewis could be like Mr. Resetti but with an actual voice and attack every once and a while, but overall, King Hippo would probably be the most likely assist trophy.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Bald Bull = Assist Trophy
King Hippo = Boss
Doc Louis = codec style cameo

Thats how I'd do it, and I do feel all three of those characters are the most important punch out characters that need some recognition in smash...maybe glass joe next.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I WANT Aran Ryan, but most likely, as i see it, is Hippo. Would be cool. He's iconic. This was kind of an obvious pic.

As for Doc Louis, I REALLY want that codec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom