• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Punishing With Shield Problem

Puff-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
iiFoxx_Puffii
So I played this Mario online and he spammed lots of bairs and of course I blocked them but as we all know Luigi slides away when shielding so I couldn't punish him for it. What should I do?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Try getting a reaction of out them. Trick them enough to roll or dodge and punish from there.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
Learn to Perfect shield. Use spot dodge. Try to challenge with high priority moves. Luigi is notorious for not being able to punish things on shield that other characters can.

Puff-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
iiFoxx_Puffii
Learn to Perfect shield. Use spot dodge. Try to challenge with high priority moves. Luigi is notorious for not being able to punish things on shield that other characters can.
Perfecting shielding is pretty much random in the meta game. But ok I will spot dodge more.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Perfecting shielding is pretty much random in the meta game. But ok I will spot dodge more.
What's random about pressing shield the second you get hit? It's pretty easy to do if you practice and far from "random"...

Puff-Man

Smash Cadet
NNID
iiFoxx_Puffii
What's random about pressing shield the second you get hit? It's pretty easy to do if you practice and far from "random"...
So you basically perfect shield everything?? Do you see Zero perfect shielding everything? No.

Top Bottom