• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pushback of Launch is exclusively for more character additions & tuning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Where does it say that?

I'm pretty sure it's just working out glitches.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not all things on the demo are kept. There may be a few things shown on the demo that won't be shown on the actual game itself.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Yeah, um, did you read that somewhere or did you just pull it out of your random reason generator?

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see some evidence of this as well, because that is also my theory regarding the delay. Note: Unprofessional and unproved theory.

I began thinking that once word of Sonic's inclusion got out to the rest of the video game world, that maybe other third-party companies now see more advantages in getting their characters in. For instance, Capcom may have entertained the idea of licensing the rights to Megaman, but didn't see the advantages to having Megaman in a game with a bunch of nintendo characters and Snake. "oh, wait...Sonic the Hedgehog? Maybe this would be a great opportunity?"

...maybe I'm just dreaming.

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
Lets hope that they can both fix glitches AND add to the game as well, although having lots of stuff is pointless when its full of glitches

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Doesn't it take longer than 3 (possibly 2) months to add a New Character?

I mean, they'd have to add their story to The Subspace Emissary, and do all these other complicated technical things.

I think it's just tweaking and a few bug fixes.

.::Link::.

Smash Apprentice
In actuality the push back is just a marketing decision to have the optimum amount of sales.....It is not because the creators are nice and are looking out for the customers.......Lets face it....the game is done and they just want to release it when they will get money. Nothing else big is coming out then so they have a complete monopoly on that month.

-Link-

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
personlly they are gonna try to fufill requests from boards but most importantly theyre making full wi-fi capabilities like sakurai said on the dojo

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
In actuality the push back is just a marketing decision to have the optimum amount of sales.....It is not because the creators are nice and are looking out for the customers.......Lets face it....the game is done and they just want to release it when they will get money. Nothing else big is coming out then so they have a complete monopoly on that month.

-Link-
Thank you, I've been saying this a few other threads. I don't know why people don't realize this.

-Knight

tirkaro

Smash Champion

-Link-
explain this then:

sakurai from fridays update. said:
Uh, as for that thing that’s blurred out, that’s still a secret. We’re still in development, so I apologize in advance if it gets dropped, but we are thinking of one more trick for this mode.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
explain this then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurai from fridays update.
Uh, as for that thing that’s blurred out, that’s still a secret. We’re still in development, so I apologize in advance if it gets dropped, but we are thinking of one more trick for this mode.

They may be making a few slight changes, I mean do you honestly think they're still going to be adding more characters to the game as of right now? Or you don't think a vast majority of the game is complete?

From a sales pespective waiting to after the holidays to release is in an intelligent move. I really do think that has to do with the pushback as well.

-Knight

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree that there will indeed be some small tweaks or changes.....but in all seriousness Super Smash Brothers is a cash cow....They will milk every single drop of sweet financial nectar that they can......And the money is fine for the milking right after the holiday season.

It is being postponed for sales....small tweaks is just something that will happen.

-Link-

tirkaro

Smash Champion
but why would they postpone it for sales? if they release it by dec 3rd, they could make it in time for the holidays. and holidays=money. so if they're releasing it after the holidays, it must have been pushed back for development.

Smash Apprentice
Not only would it be competing with Galaxy but other hit titles are coming out in late November....Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band to name a few.....They want 0 competition.

If they wait till after the holidays you will be surprised by how the decision to wait will turn out.

They want to own the entire month.

-Link-

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I would like to think that they are delaying the game for the one fact of adding/tweaking characters. Also fixing any glitches found while doing all these testings and videos on the web ha-ha. That would be my opinion, I mean if you think about it sales wouldn't have too much to do with it. Seeing how it originally was to come out for Christmas. The reason for releasing it February 10th is absurd. With no reason but game issues. They have said numerous times that they want this game to be perfect and be perfect as long as Melee. Brawl is going to make the Wii it's that simple..so they are going to make sure they have the right amount of characters to please everyone and make sure there isn't any major glitches.

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to point out again that the pushback wasn't put into effect in Japan. If you look at the Japanese site, that entire update isn't even there, the headline is snapshots. Therefore, it would have to be for marketing/regionalization regions, since Japan will have it on schedule.
Unless some other Japanese development has taken place that I haven't been made aware of.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
They are still in development. (Notice the blurred out thing in the snap shots update?!?) They will add things they want to add. Oh and yes they can add a new character in four months. You're crazy to think that they haven't gotten down the method to make new characters. They have it down. Not saying that's what they are doing, just saying they could.

They can do whatever they want, there's no reason to think they wont.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
IMO 2 reasons:

Number one and most important: Marketing purpouses
Like some said... Brawl if released in december would compete with other games like Mario galaxy...... and of course they would simply trash all of them on sales.... this would be so bad because instead of selling 2 games... they would sell one game a lot and much less of the other,.

By selling galaxy and the others.... they can make huge profit with the aid of the december buying frenzy....and then selling the almighty brawl alone...which doesnt need any special holyday to be a boom on sales. Clear as water.

Number 2: Brawl needs moe time and fixes.

Its clear also... that this decition benefis the development crew. They need to tweak some things here and there and will need time to do this without rushing the game. We need to remember that they need to do some other tasks the months before the release...and in this case they would have more or less a month to finish the game before starting preparations for december 3.....

So yeah.. they will need time to finish everything.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If this turns out like Duke Nukem forever or that game that comes with Orange Box [the game other than half life] I'm going to express mail myself to Sakurai and kick him in the nuts.

Duke Nukem and the other game were in development for over 6/7 years btw.

Oh yeah, link to source plz.

pirkid

Smash Lord
If this turns out like Duke Nukem forever or that game that comes with Orange Box [the game other than half life] I'm going to express mail myself to Sakurai and kick him in the nuts.

Duke Nukem and the other game were in development for over 6/7 years btw.

Oh yeah, link to source plz.
Team Fortress 2?¿
Let's just all hope Nintendo won't screw this up like Microsoft always does...

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
And for those of you that think they will make more money by releasing it after the holidays, you have to be kidding. Winter break, some kids wouldhave it and play it with thier friends, then they in turn would ask for it for the holidays. Now everyone will be back in school and won't have the holidays to get the game as a gift.

It is foolish. But I guess if it's to make the game better, it's worth the wait.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
If you think they'll make more money releasing it in february than the hollidays then...lol.
Duh!!
Of course they will not make more money than releasing it on holydays....
But they will avoid the "Brawl vs all the other games" problem. In february they will make less money of course... but will sell good anyways.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Seriously, anyone who thinks the pushback is more for us than it is for them, is delusional.

This is what morons think happened:

Nintendo executive #1 "The game is finished!"
Nintendo executive#2 "wait! i have a good idea for a new character! let's put it off for a few more months because the players will LOVE this!"
Nintendo executive#1 "That sounds like an idea everyone will love! Put aside our income, and let's just work on the FUN!"

What really happened:

Nintendo executive#1 "Ack this game is still pretty unpolished. We don't want any negative feedback from potenital future investors"
Nintendo executive#2 "Simple solution is just to delay the game and try to iron out all the bugs as best we can. Who cares if the date is changed, people are gonna buy the game anyway, and a wait predicts even more revenue in the end! It's win-win!"
Nintendo executive#1 "Cha-CHING!"

I'm sure more characters will be revealed on the Dojo, and noobs will be like "oh man, see?! This guy wouldn't have been in if they released on Dec 3rd!" WRONG. In game material is already set, get over it.

Team Giza

Smash Lord

-Link-
Demo was prone to crashing. All the negative reactions to how the online system worked. Plus Sonic (and other characters) may very well be a real reason why the game was delayed. I know that plenty of people online have been saying they are just using him as an excuse. However in the demo some of Sonic's animations are not complete or are glitchy. When he does a roll from edgehog he sinks downwards and is not holding onto it when he is climbing up. I have seen this before in Melee when I do move swap and steal other characters moves.... so Sonic seems to be a rush job in some ways still.

Personally I am for the delay if they are doing any sort of polishing on it. I am gonna be playing this game for so so long that I want it to be as good as it can be even if it means some delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom