• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP Mafia - Game Ova

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I think it made sense from laundrys point of view when you factor in his whole mini rant about wagons on him d1. Plus why would scumdry put more attention on himself w and potentially soup ?
I mean, his mini rant justifies it until you consider how far he took it imo. Like, most of his posts today are about this. I'd understand if he was pursuing other avenues as well, he wasn't.

Limiting discussion means less reads developed and more potential to mislynch. If he were to win the debate from most people's perspective, it also means he'd have means to push an easy lynch. I'm not saying that I believe this is the intent he had, and I definitely don't think it'd be great scum play or anything, but I think something like this makes more sense than Laundry doing what he did as town.

Joey..nnnnnnnooooooooo, why are you town reading Soup?

That aside you think Laundry slot is the way to go right now. Would you be interested in an Orbo wagon come soonish if Soup doesn't pick up?
Part of it is process of elimination (I definitely don't have Laundry and Soup on the same scum team). After re-reading Soup v Laundry, I didn't have a reason to scum read him tbh. Also, his reaction when Ryker talked about Laundry being town screamed townie to me. Laundry was definitely a slot that could have been pushed regardless, but Soup backing off of his strongest scum read like that due to the fact that the player that knows him way better said he was town just made the slot more townie to me.

To add to this, I don't think the things people are pushing Soup for are very scummy, either. As an example, you said he was disinterested in Day 0 stuff, he wasn't trying to scum hunt during mechanics talk, and flipping between caring and not caring when it came to roles and stuff (amongst other things) in your day 0 reread post. I personally don't see any of these things as scummy, and based on previous posts he's made all of these things make sense to me. The reality is that very few people talked about much outside of mechanics on day 0 and he was one of the few when he talked about Laundry. When you said he was 180'ing and such, it honestly just looked like he was trying to contribute to the discussion since that's what most of the discussion was. It'd be more suspicious if he just said "I'm not interested in this discussion" and then sat on that the entire phase doing nothing imo. I also don't see how deciding to follow a plan when someone he clearly agree'd with a lot (Zen) said "Let's claim not BP and end this day" is suspicious, as following your town reads when you're neutral on something doesn't make you suspicious in my opinion.

I'm re-reading Orbo tomorrow assuming I don't spend all day playing Pokemon Go like I did today. As it stands at the moment, I'd lynch him based on lack of content and Zen's case earlier in the day, but that's pretty much it and I'd prefer Laundry's slot assuming Dooplissity doesn't give me a reason to reconsider.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Confirming deadline is tonight 11:59 PM EST. Also be aware of the plurality lynch rule should the deadline hit.

Looks like no new votes since the most recent vote count.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I still want Maven today. His lack of involvement, and lack of read development over the phase is most concerning to me. His comment towards laundrys Orbo read is also still suspicious to me.

I also dislike Gheb. He does not seem convinced on Laundry scum, and his reasoning for orbo scum is a reach. (He is null at most)

Soup is a concern. He has been more involved than Maven, but has not really voted a slot after voting. I also did not receive an answer to my question if his Maven read remained the same.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dooms Dooms I know we disagree on Soup and Laundry. Talk to me about those two. I would like to talk about Soups unvote and not really being proactive outside of that. Laundry, talk to me about his reactions to Ryker, and him backing down from Soup when I told him Soup was just being lazy.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, at this point I have no business arguing against a Maven lynch. Which sucks because I think he made a few points that have merit but at this point he's a clear liability.

I also dislike Gheb. He does not seem convinced on Laundry scum [...]
Yo.

Stop posting garbage.

:059:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I would like to talk about Soups unvote and not really being proactive outside of that.
402, 404, 405, 407, 410, 413, 416, 417, 422, 424

These are all posts where he contributed in one burst of activity after his Laundry unvote, and this is only on page 11 (40 ppp)

If you're referring to his most recent unvote, then idk what you're expecting from him since relatively little has happened aside from replacements joining, and even then he's still answering questions and such. The slot he was pressuring the most in the numbers I posted (Maven) has also done relatively little since his most recent unvote.

Laundry, talk to me about his reactions to Ryker, and him backing down from Soup when I told him Soup was just being lazy.
Honestly, all I got from this was that aside from moving Soup from scum to town, he was really unwilling to consider players outside of his little PoE circle. He was pretty dead-set on Maven/Gheb/Zen being the 3 slots that could be scum. What exactly am I supposed to be getting out of him reconsidering Soup? His reactions to Ryker are not worthy of much discussion and it mostly consists of him saying why he's town and how he's contributing (which is debatable honestly).

Alternatively, I don't like him jumping on your Maven read, either, and this (as well as his Gheb push) is most of the scum hunting he did after he moved on from Soup. The Maven read he jumped on was actually pretty weak considering how Maven's views were initially. Maven made it pretty clear that he was confused and that his scum reads in his 224 weren't much of anything (235 further pushes this idea and confirms it to me). His scumread was weak, yes, but harping him for that when he literally said these two things...

I don't actually feel this is inherently scummy .
I'm thinking I'm focusing too much on what ideas people had anyways, I remember in the last pyop the mafia dominated the discussion but I'm having trouble making reads based off what I've seen posted. Either way, I'm keeping what I said for lack of anything else. I want to watch Soup v Laundry play out
I don't agree with your read, I can kind of understand why you have it, but I definitely don't understand Laundry jumping on it the way he did when in reality it just seemed like he was trying to push something to further back up his process of elimination mentality.

Ran, how do you feel about Laundry's reactions to Ryker? I don't know what I was supposed to be getting from this question considering how I feel about him constantly talking about how what he was doing was townie and how Gheb/Soup haven't done much.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm honestly not willing to vote for Maven unless forced to. After re-reading him in detail to discuss it with Ran, I came out of it with a slight town read on him and no reason to scum read him. All of his posts and logic connected together and made sense to me, which is where most of the problems with him seem to stem from.

This pretty much means that I'm going to vote for Orbo if we're not lynching Laundry's slot. To be honest, I genuinely don't have a problem with Orbo. I just slightly town read Maven and Orbo is the only realistic alternative inactive lynch and the town agreeing to lynch an actually active suspect doesn't seem realistic since there's a clear Soup scum v Laundry scum still going on.

Town: Gheb, Soup, Ran
Slight-town: Maven
Was slight-town when active, null due to inactivity: Nabe
Null & will re-read: Ryu
Null & Inactive: Orbo
Scum: Dooplissity

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
That being said, why are you trying so hard to run the show laundry? I want to assume people can read between the lines and a lot of what I said was aimed towards what was going on. I don't like how you're instilling this plan and already looking to gain thread control, and then try to pin me on being scum because I don't wanna really hear it. It's one thing to present an idea but you talk as if me not answering is against town because it came from your mouth; that's not how you treated Ryker either despite him disagreeing.
**** this post is awful

also I will not be caught up before deadline. I'll tell you how far I get, but it's not going to be far, so tl;dr me please. Who are the viable lynches and why?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
**** this post is awful

also I will not be caught up before deadline. I'll tell you how far I get, but it's not going to be far, so tl;dr me please. Who are the viable lynches and why?
Me because army life happened and i havent said much
Maven because hes done even less than me arguably
And soup if you take ryus word thats hes being purposely unhelpful

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
vote soup

I can be persuaded to swap to Maven if need be. I don't like Orbo lynch.*

I'm leaving in about 20 minutes and will only be able to phonepost until deadline.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote Count: 1.11
Maven [1]: Ranmaru
Doopliss [1]: Maven
Soup [2]: Ryu, Doopliss

Not voting [5]: Orbo, Gheb, Soup, Nabe, Joey

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
At deadline (11:59PM EST), Soup will be lynched.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I've weighed my options and I want Laundry over Maven, and even though Joey gave me a bit of town credit for backing down, it was only due to our arguements getting nowhere. Doopliss hasn't done anything in my eyes to warrant a change of heart and I feel like Maven will be fruitless given he's not hard to hate in recent circumstance. Dunno if I can get the support and it might come to me in the end, but we'll see.

Vote: Doopliss

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dooms Dooms

On Soup:

I see what you mean. If his vote was on either ryker/zen/laundry, and he unvoted due to replacements, then I would understand. But replacements don't really change anything when you are voting a person still in the game. That is my concern, and It is still unanswered.

On Laundry: I thought his re-evaluation of Soup was pretty townie. He brought up a point that I would consider, that Soup was playing safe in a similar way to his scum game. I told him he was being lazy but without any posturing or malicious intent, something I think soup cares more about as scum. (His image) I agreed with him that Gheb was stating his soup case was bad and was not stating why. I do agree with Gheb that one should be more concise, but that is it. I don't agree with Gheb not putting in the work and than asking for a summary. If you see it differently, talk to me about it. I thought Laundry's reaction to Ryker was that of a frustated townie.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am not willing to vote Laundry/Doop. I am fine with Maven, and can compromise to Gheb or Orbo as a fall back. That is it.

Soup I am developing my read on, but between Laundry and Soup, I would choose Soup to die.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote Count: 1.12
Maven [1]: Ranmaru
Doopliss [2]: Maven, Soup
Soup [2*]: Ryu, Doopliss

Not voting [4]: Orbo, Gheb, Nabe, Joey

At deadline (about 30 min), Soup will be lynched.

Last edited:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
**** i forgoteastern time is the deadline shhiiiiii
I mean i guess soup isnt the worst lynch but i would have rather had maven

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Soup was lynched. He was a Vanilla Townie.

We're starting Night 1! Remember Nights are short (24 hours). Actions are due at 11:59PM EST.

Players:
1. Maven
2. Orbo
3. Gheb
4. Doopliss (prev. Laundry)
5. Soup [Vanilla Townie]
6. Ryu
7. Joey (prev. Ryker)
8. Nabes (prev. Xivii)
9. Ranmaru

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Orbo was killed. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Players:
1. Maven
2. Orbo [Vanilla Townie]
3. Gheb
4. Doopliss (prev. Laundry)
5. Soup [Vanilla Townie]
6. Ryu
7. Joey (prev. Ryker)
8. Nabes (prev. Xivii)
9. Ranmaru

--

Day 1 begins!

Vote Count: 2.0
Not voting [7]: Maven, Gheb, Doopliss, Ryu, Ran, Nabe, Joey

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
is this a bad time to say I wanted to vote maven as soon as the day started or...

vote maven

I'm still in the process of catching up. I got about a page into Day 1 start. I'll probably time-travel more but most of what I read during the night led me to:

town: ryker, orbo (this is obvious now but yeah), gheb, ryu
null: ran, xivii
scum: maven

left to right sure to less sure

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
also, if we have CCop, please claim this phase AFTER we get initial reads/discussion going

let me illustrate, scum are trying to find the ccop
9 players
2 scum leaves 7
d1 detective, d1 lynch, n1 kill leaves 4
d2 detective + d2 lynch means they have a 50/50 shot of killing the CCop tonight, assuming scum were smart in their detective choices, which I assume they were

If you claim this phase, we get a better-than-vanilla game and a clear to avoid today. if you claim AFTER initial discussion happens you maximize your impact. If you don't claim this phase, you run the risk of us going into an all-vanilla lylo if we miss and scum hit.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
also, anyone who got seer results should out them before end of day so Seer can CC if they lie

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
around the end of d0/start of d1

not to be a ****, but a lot of my scumread on you was because I felt your analysis of the pyp mechanics was awful and forceful to such a degree that it must be intentionally misleading us. Yet, you were just as adamant when it was clear what you wanted wasn't going to go through, which implies to me that it was genuine. It's possible you had a big commitment to the fake, but I don't see why you'd stick your neck out right then as D1 was starting and we were fishing for a lynch.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
V/LA Thursday to Sunday

I'll be back Monday. Gaming convention with family.

This probably means I'm going to be gone 2 days from now to deadline.

Vote: Dooplissity

Because the slot is still the most scummy to me by far. May change when Doop is done catching up, but if that doesn't happen within the next two days, I still want my vote on them and I don't want to create another scenario where I forget to vote and someone I'm strongly town reading gets lynched. .-.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote Count: 2.1
Maven [1]: Doopliss
Doopliss [1]: Joey
Not voting [5]: Maven, Gheb, Ryu, Ran, Nabe

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
That's a tough read. My eyes started slipping off of the page as soon as I hit Laundry/Soup and Ryker yelling at Laundry.

My like pile is Ryker, Gheb. Ran and Laundry not piled. Not enough from Ryu, Maven. These aren't reads because I already feel like I need a reread (I thought I was Laundry for 10 pages) but my wet mop face is on the table. Struggling to submit coherent thought.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe What does 'not piled' mean?
Dooplissity Dooplissity Can you state reasoning for your Maven read?

I support a vote on Maven. I am not voting yet to give his replacement a chance to catch up and give me something to read by.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Still mobile. I get Internet Thursday.

Top Bottom