• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP Mafia - Game Ova

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I interact with Laundry on an almost daily basis and it became painfully obvious outside of game that he was legitimately pissed at me. That meant I had a clear from out of game information (or as good as) and to continue playing I would either have to take whatever stance possible to prevent his lynch without saying that or compromise the game further by bringing out of game context into other player's consideration. I felt leaving was the most fair choice.

I don't think anyone could convince me that Laundry, Gheb, or Soup wasn't town when I replaced out.
oops i forgot to shoutout to you!! Thank you for working so hard to find subs for my game i love you

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
c) if he's successful he doesn't know who was saved.
I had the option of protecting only one player if I wanted to.

The only reason I didn't make use of it was because failing to send in a kill on the mafia's part would result in a no-kill rather than a randomized kill so it wouldn't give me the clear I was hoping to get - after Ryker replaced out nobody was worth protecting anyway. With how inactive people were in this game and how short deadlines were I wasn't willing to take that risk though. I felt there was a somewhat realistic chance that mafia could fail to do anything.

I think it's a bad rule btw. Not sending in the NK has to be a conscious, actively made decision by the mafia.

:059:

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I felt there was a somewhat realistic chance that mafia could fail to do anything.

I think it's a bad rule btw. Not sending in the NK has to be a conscious, actively made decision by the mafia.
I think I'm just optimistic haha. In my personal experience I've never seen a mafia miss a kill (not that my memory is great). I can understand why you'd think that could happen, though. especially considering I prefer (and intended for this to be) a fast-paced game with short Days and Nights.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I also give mafia daytalk to reduce the chance of them missing a kill. I think that helps a lot.

Maven89

Smash Master
I think I'm just optimistic haha. In my personal experience I've never seen a mafia miss a kill (not that my memory is great). I can understand why you'd think that could happen, though. especially considering I prefer (and intended for this to be) a fast-paced game with short Days and Nights.
Me and Nabe once missed a kill because I was dumb

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I had the option of protecting only one player if I wanted to.
This was the only thing that gave me hesitation about choosing the role. You were the person I was hoping for the most not to be doc, because I thought you'd might consider this haha. Though I never expected you'd outright out yourself day 0?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I was actually really excited to play this game and I thought day 0 started off really great. I'm still not really quite sure why there was so much emotional intensity.

Set up wise I do think pyp is more mafia-sided than it seems. Town always seems to have a such wide range of opinions on Day 0 which makes it really easy for scum to narrow down the power roles. Furthermore, the prs are likely to see those pushing their anti-role as scum even though many town are likely to see that role as the least evil of evils. And vanilla town seem to hard scum read those that have opposing logic, despite the validity of those arguments. It's easy for scum to navigate their way through this with the information they have while town basically undoes itself. I guess all mafia is like this, but I do think information regarding town's makeup (that town itself doesn't have) is the biggest advantage scum can have in any game. [Side note: this just occurred to me as to probably why vult would argue that detective is even better for mafia than poisoner]

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also Ranmaru put an insane amount of work into the game and emulated his town play very well in my opinion.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I picked decoy because it's what I'd pick as town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
At first I disliked having day start before deadline without knowing beforehand that that would happen. Otherwise, I would have sent in the action a few hours before, because I needed time to prepare for the 'cases'. Yet, it was good because I realized I couldn't make a case without having PR knowledge hehe. I might have slipped, maybe.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Sorry Ryker. :(

Also apologies to town for forgetting about the game Day 3. If I play mafia again, I'll be sure I'm in the habit of checking smashboards daily.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
<:

Also just curious, were you intentionally playing a lurking game?
I mean, yes and no. I had hoped to be subbing in for Laundry, and when I wasn't, and was mafia, I just gauged the game and put in as little work as the stagnation allowed me to. Ran kept up with posting, and scum had a good list of docs that we shot through without incident, but I think Ran would agree that this was a town loss more than a scum win.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Players:
1. Darkpit54 (prev. Maven89)
2. Orbo
3. GHEB
4. Doopliss (prev. Laundry)
5. Soup
6. Ryu
7. Joey (prev. Ryker)
8. Nabes (prev. Xivii)
9. Ranmaru

Subs:
Maven89 Maven89 - Good play. I disagree with Gheb on your read, since you had me as either scum or town. I'd probably still push you as town anyway, which is why I pushed you here. Zen was not fond of it, I did it anyway. Yolo. We considered you as a NK. Yet I changed my plan by the end of the night.

@Darkpit54 - You need to work on getting more involved in the game dude. You take very long to respond. Let me guess, AP classes? I *think* you are so busy you'll suffer the fate of Badwolf. You seem cool but I want you to try to improve on that. You kind of let town down. You don't have to be an insane poster, just be around enough to hold a conversation. I don't blame you for other things, you are new. I would suggest newbie games for you, actually. And I highly suggest you get really into the newbie game so you can get alot from it. Otherwise you'll stay forever darkpit.

Orboknown Orboknown - You were null to me, and I shot ya since Gheb has you as null. I did it to shorten his pool to Laundry/Me. Probably a bad idea. I probably should have left you alive but I did this since it was a safe kill. I was hoping it'd make gheb look sus.

~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ - Good play. You were onto me. I'd want to leave you alive a bit longer but it was probably good that you died when you did, otherwise you'd push town to consider me even more. Even Joey was like 'maybe I should re-read ran' and I'm like NOOO NOT JOEY :c NOT MAH JOEY. Anyway, I shot you because you were doc and you had to go. You'd claim in lylo and that's just a nono for me. Then I'd have to deal with iffy night situations. Honestly, it was a mistake for me to scumread you at all.

@#HBC | Laundry - Good play from you. I could not see why people scumread you, which is why I hard defended you. Not sure if you'd turn on me later down the road but I was budding you. I scumread Gheb since you were disliking him. I still thought his argument against you was wrong though. I think Ryker was over-playing how right Gheb was in my pov.

Dooplissity Dooplissity - Good try trying to recover the slot. Not much I could say from you.

SOUP TAG.
- Frickin soup. I can never tag you. Anyway, good try. I was wishy washy on you but I'm glad you died. Plurality really did help us. I would have pushed Maven all the way D1 if so. I generally agreed with your position D0 though. You were right though on me, I seemed townie but you couldn't really say I was obvtownie.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu - I still think you were scum reading me half for reasoning that shouldn't really determine alignment. (The decoy pick) Since, one town already picked Decoy so it doesn't really do much. Although you could probably find me from what Gheb was saying though, that I can agree with. Good try. I really liked your D0 play, that reaction of mine was a genuine comment and I'd like to see more play like that.

@#HBC | Ryker - Well for one, I didn't like that you had a null on me. I do wonder what your thoughts of me were at the end of D1 and through out the rest of the game. Anyway, I told zen, and he agreed, that you'd most likely turn on me the way you were acting with me this game. Meaning, you weren't interacting with me. Usually you interact with me to consider my viewpoint but here I wasn't getting nuffin. I was considering NK'ing you at some point as I don't want people with nulls on me. I also felt like your interactions with laundry was getting him riled up, which I think was your goal? (Yet, that caused you to replace out... so Idk) It was fun playing with you while it lasted.

Dooms Dooms - I don't blame you for forgetting about the game, you were a backup for Ryker. Yet you did well D2. You forgetting did kind of help me and nabe just win though. (Although you'd probably conclude DP was scum anyway so meh) Yet, you were asking some good questions Joey. You caught me D2 with the 'why aren't you trying to NOT LET DOOP DIE' and I was like 'fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu' :facepalm: Because really, I was going to question DP again but I didn't want to as I felt it would be just, malicious or too harsh to continue. So I left it at that and I was kind of being lazy at that point. So you caught me in this mode where I actually did not care to progress the phase or save my strongest town read. If you delved deeper into line of questioning it might have burned me and that was a BAD move on my part. Anyway, keep up doing that kind of questioning. That will help you find scum over stuff like what you said about Laundry.

I didn't see anything about clearing himself. Plus I think I asked you about his reaction's to Ryker and I think you said it didn't matter when it should have. I really want you to think about that Doop/Laundry lynch and think about why you were wrong. Think more about intent which was where you were headed with me.

But, overall solid play and I enjoyed playing with you. Notice this is the first time we have yet to butt heads? :awesome: As scum I was caring more about how you'd react to me so I of course tried to buddy you and you had a town read of me so it was GREAT. I think you need to be wary of those who seem townie like myself. Not just 'because they seem townie' but don't blindly accept it. Be willing to re-evaluate bro. Luckily I made mistakes for some town to find but still. When I'm actually town you find probs with my play so it prolly means that you notice things that are more likely to come from town then scum. Maybe. I'm rambling. (Of course this means I can play better as town if I care more about my image but meh)

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Thanks for replacing in Babe. Your no cross-talk talk can leave a void of ... nothingness in my heart for which I ... yearn for... mafia discussion... Still, you played a good game even though it was minimal. Also, thanks for putting on that avi... I mean, I guess. :psycho:

Xivii Xivii Y u leave me. :c Anyway, good play from you too while you were here. It was really good talking with you, of course. Talking with you when you were still playing sparked my motivation as usually, I prefer town and can find no thrill in being mafia. Really, I was doing a case and I was like "I'm doing this work for town when I DON'T CARE, the things I do for town points." I do wonder what would have been your plan had you stayed. It would have been more interesting then just voting me.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vult Redux Vult Redux Thank you for hosting, it was a pretty fun game. It was nice talking to you about the game too and general life stuff. I do wonder what your thoughts on my play were. Good job holding on even through the game being half replaced out. I'm glad I was able to play it out a bit. I lurked at the end cuz I was lazy but I had no reason to really get to work. I *WAS* going to make a case or some little post saying I re-read but Ryu was like "vote DP" and I was like... *heartbeat* I literally had my heart thumping. That's it.

---

In general, I think I played better then the last time I played mafia. Some townies were onto me, or were unsure of me. That was a problem though. I can't be as natural or headstrong as I am as town though. I prefer town over mafia, so I lose the thrill when I'm mafia. So it's more like a 'I fight for my friends' thing for me as mafia when as town it's 'KILL ALL THE SCUM!' feel for me. It's funny, it's like Town = Melee = Singles/individual fights. Mafia = Teams = I am only interested in getting better as a support to my team. (Usually girls feel this way, I have noticed) Anyway, I made a few mistakes. Scumreading Gheb, and being lazy on questioning DP and not really trying to defend Doop. I guess I play in a similar fashion to Soup when he's scum, maybe. I think the reason why I'm able to emulate my town game is that I play town so much I just fake it as much as I can and force myself to believe i'm town. But it's hard to shake those scum roots.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like the setup, it's just a shame that movement stopped with all the replacements.

If anything comes out of this game, it's the knowledge that Sprite and Peeka are still the most dependable AiBers.
hi hello dont mind me

also who the hell is peeka here

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I wish town didn't tunnel Laundry's slot. That and I wish I got more invested after the mass replacements.

Sucks but it happened.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
By the way I used this avatar to seem harmless as scum.

Top Bottom