• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
oh yeah guys i need a liitle help on something else too. Milln told me to take a video on a certain glitch on frigate orpheon. here's the lowdown. ya get ta revive yourself after being defeated. at the cost of the stocks of the leading player. i dunno anything about this glitch though, if you can gimme any info on this please pm me. thanks.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
What is Lucario's best throw for killing?

Bthrow when you're low on damage will usually KO at the 130s on normal chars.

Fthrow will almost never KO, but it has great followups offstage, and can lead to edge guard KOs.

oh yeah guys i need a liitle help on something else too. Milln told me to take a video on a certain glitch on frigate orpheon. here's the lowdown. ya get ta revive yourself after being defeated. at the cost of the stocks of the leading player. i dunno anything about this glitch though, if you can gimme any info on this please pm me. thanks.
........ Were you in a team brawl?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Is fast falling a double team into a charged up smash a viable/useful move?
(I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I haven't been here long.)
Can't Fastfall a double team, and neither usmash nor double team should be used regularly. There are almost always better options.
Bthrow when you're low on damage will usually KO at the 130s on normal chars.

Fthrow will almost never KO, but it has great followups offstage, and can lead to edge guard KOs.

........ Were you in a team brawl?
Bthrow and Fthrow both suck at killing if your opponent knows to DI. Without DI, Fthrow will kill a whole lot earlier due to aura boost, but bthrow generally is usable without needing to beef up with aura.

Both throws can kill pretty reliably at low-mid levels of play due to just how dang fast they come out. Eventually though, people will catch on, and you'll have to go back to your normal KO strategies. (Bair, Uair, Aura Sphere, Fsmash, Force Palm)

jog

Smash Journeyman
Ok thanks :D

Also, when should I use Dtilt? Is there always a better move to use or is dtilt a good move?
i guess i'll answer this since no one else did.

its a decent move, and it can be used to knock people off the ledge that have lost their invincibility frames. it could also be used for say crouch crawling towards falco if he's SHDL-ing. every move has its applications, some should be used more than other though. but as far as "is there a better move to use over dtilt" i would say uptilt is a great move. just find places to use dtilt and use it, just not too often. its also good for popping up your opponent so you can get more into your air game and start stringing your attacks together. :)

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Ok thanks :D

Also, when should I use Dtilt? Is there always a better move to use or is dtilt a good move?
I use Dtilt for poking and interrupting and also after a Fair, FP grab, and sometimes Ftilt. I don't use it regularly though, because I find Ftilt more useful. Granted, Dtilt has more range, Ftilt just has more knockback and can punish shielding and spotdodging.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Whats great and underminded about D-tilt is that it doesnt have a lot of knockback, and pops your opponent semi-close to lucario. That means its setting up for another move.

Guess what you can do! SH nair, (or any areal you want to use), Up-tilt and so on.
You might have to set up for d-tilt, where F-tilt is more of a catch-all. D-tilt is best around ledges and awkward stage angles which can catch your opponent off guard. Using f-tilt all the time isn't a good idea, for some players are smarter to get hit by the nth f-tilt in a row.

Keep D-tilt like luigi is to the world. Ignored but awesome.
-t2

Milln

Smash Champion
Nobody pays attention to DeeTee! ... wait, that's Double Team. Same difference, though. =o

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm having a HUGE issue returning to the stage with Lucario on stages where I can't use wall cling to get back on. In this situation, my opponent ALWAYS grabs the ledge and when I use Lucario's ^ B back on to the stage, my opponent always manages to maul me during the ending lag of his recovery move as soon as I land... >_> Oh, I should also probably mention that Aura Sphere doesn't always work out for me in this situation either. Anyway around this/suggestions?

Also, I've heard that Dair is a good move to use, however, I have trouble landing it on my opponents/ don't see an opportunity where I can use it. If it is a good move, should I use it often (not to a point where I should spam it obviously) and when should I use it?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah I'm having a HUGE issue returning to the stage with Lucario on stages where I can't use wall cling to get back on. In this situation, my opponent ALWAYS grabs the ledge and when I use Lucario's ^ B back on to the stage, my opponent always manages to maul me during the ending lag of his recovery move as soon as I land... >_> Oh, I should also probably mention that Aura Sphere doesn't always work out for me in this situation either. Anyway around this/suggestions?
You're probably being a little too predictable in your recovery. Try not to make the trajectory you're going in with Extremespeed the same every time.

Also, I've heard that Dair is a good move to use, however, I have trouble landing it on my opponents/ don't see an opportunity where I can use it. If it is a good move, should I use it often (not to a point where I should spam it obviously) and when should I use it?
Not really sure about this one. I've seen some Lucarios use this a lot, and others, not so much.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
You're probably being a little too predictable in your recovery. Try not to make the trajectory you're going in with Extremespeed the same every time.
I don't see how changing the trajectory of his ^B is going to change anything/help me. Almost everytime I'm knocked off the stage, I'm probably at least 1 character height from being level with the ledge. Normally, I can only fire 1 aura sphere which never really helps me out as my opponent will still grab hold of the edge. Next, I HAVE to use his midair jump so I can land on the stage otherwise, I'll fall to my death because I can't grab the ledge. Once I'm on, my oppenent climbs back on as soon as Lucario flies past the ledge, they attack me during the ending lag of the attack. >_>

Timbers

check me out
I don't see how changing the trajectory of his ^B is going to change anything/help me. Almost everytime I'm knocked off the stage, I'm probably at least 1 character height from being level with the ledge. Normally, I can only fire 1 aura sphere which never really helps me out as my opponent will still grab hold of the edge. Next, I HAVE to use his midair jump so I can land on the stage otherwise, I'll fall to my death because I can't grab the ledge. Once I'm on, my oppenent climbs back on as soon as Lucario flies past the ledge, they attack me during the ending lag of the attack. >_>
that's the downfall of his uB really. Most characters don't have a threatening way of dealing with Luc's ES onstage, but you still have to be concerned about it. To avoid having to ES onstage with a readied opponent on the ledge, make use of dair stalling to throw off their invincibility on ledge. You usually have enough reach with your midair to throw in a uair or fair to force them off the ledge so you can ES to it.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Oh okay then I might try that next time. That's IF I'm not knocked too far away from the stage. Thanks for the help on this one.

Oh and my earlier question is still yet to be answered:

I've heard that Dair is a good move to use, however, I have trouble landing it on my opponents/ don't see an opportunity where I can use it. If it is a good move, should I use it often (not to a point where I should spam it obviously) and when should I use it?

Atria

Smash Journeyman
What is his best move for DIing Fair or Dair? Also how good is lucario's glidetoss?
If you mean to cancel air momentum, Fair is the best move to use because it has the shortest duration time out of all of Lucario's aerial moves.

I'll assume that you know how to glide toss so I'll give you the numbers. The higher the numbers, the further he'll go (5 is the best.):
Lucario - 1.2051
F - 0.714
B- 1.6426
FR - 0.714
BR - 1.7497

In this situation, Lucario would be facing the left. (Works when facing the right too.)
F = Forward (Lucario rolls in the direction he is facing (Left) and the item is thrown in the same direction. So both Lucario and the item go to the left.)
B = Backward (Lucario rolls backwards (Goes right), but the item is thrown to the left. So Lucario rolls to the right while he was initially facing left doing a backwards roll while the item is thrown to the left.)
FR = Forward Reverse (Lucario rolls forwards (Faces the left, rolls to the left), but the item is thrown to the right/backwards. So Lucario rolls to the left while the item is thrown to the right. If done correctly, Lucario should face the opposite direction as he slides to the left.)
BR = Backwards Reverse (Lucario rolls backwards (Faces the left, rolls to the right) and the item is thrown to the right. So Lucario rolls to the right while he was initially facing left doing a backwards roll while the item is thrown to the right. If done correctly, Lucario should face the opposite direction as he slides to the right.)

Jupz

Smash Master
Thanks a lot for the info :D

But since Dair stops momentum a little wouldn't it be best if you are sent vertically?? And its not much slower then Fair.

Thanks again :)

Lotasin

Smash Cadet
Everyone knows that Lucario gets more powerful as his percentage racks up. Thus, making his attacks more powerful and having more knock-back. But what about the AS Charge damage? Does that damage rise? even if it's a decimal? Also, who thinks of the F+D or F+UTilt? (Try it) Are they useful?

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Kirby's lack of projectile (unless he eats us) puts the match in our favor about45:55

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Everyone knows that Lucario gets more powerful as his percentage racks up. Thus, making his attacks more powerful and having more knock-back. But what about the AS Charge damage? Does that damage rise? even if it's a decimal? Also, who thinks of the F+D or F+UTilt? (Try it) Are they useful?
It probably does, but since 2.2% of whatever it does at 0% isn't that much different than whatever it does at 0%, it probably doesn't matter. You won't use it for the sheer purpose of racking up damage more than to screw with their heads and shields, and set up for another move (like utilt, grab, possibly shdair).

By F+D/F+Utilt, I'm assuming you're talking about angling the ftilt. Sadly, our ftilt does not gain any power or trajectory change from angling it, like Kirby's or Mario's Fsmash. Some people swear that the ftilt trips more when angled downwards, but this is unconfirmed. However, Ftilt angled upwards is a great anti-air, and should probably be one of your main moves for this purpose. Ftilt angled down can also dip below the edge, but dtilt works better for this purpose due to being faster, more spammable, and dipping even lower. I personally use down-angled ftilt for hitting tripped opponents and comboing into itself at lower % for asthetic purposes, since it just plain looks cooler.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
If you guys need any threads stickied/unstickied, tell me please. :x

Ugg

Smash Champion
Hey; do you guys know how Lucario does against Olimar, Luigi, Jigglypuff and Falco? :ohwell:

I'm asking because I'm looking for a nice secondary for Diddy, and Lucario's a really cool character.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Hey; do you guys know how Lucario does against Olimar, Luigi, Jigglypuff and Falco? :ohwell:

I'm asking because I'm looking for a nice secondary for Diddy, and Lucario's a really cool character.
Lose to Olimar slightly, beat Jigglypuff, beat Luigi 55:45 and Falco's either 6:4 or 55:45.

Milln

Smash Champion
So all are fairly even?

I think I've found my new secondary, then. Thank you!
Lucario has more or less even matchups with the entire cast. His moveset and Aura modifier is -that- variable. It all depends on how good YOU are, rather than how good your character is. It's awesome.

Enjoy your stay. Ignore RK Joker and The Bear, chuckle at Xavant and direct any questions to me. <3 Be sure to watch Inner Fire!

-Milln, the Helpcario.

Ugg

Smash Champion
Lucario has more or less even matchups with the entire cast. His moveset and Aura modifier is -that- variable. It all depends on how good YOU are, rather than how good your character is. It's awesome.

Enjoy your stay. Ignore RK Joker and The Bear, chuckle at Xavant and direct any questions to me. <3 Be sure to watch Inner Fire!

-Milln, the Helpcario.
Thank you, Milln. I already have. ;)

Jeet Kune Do

Smash Apprentice
Lucario is an excellent character but I have trouble with having the patience to use him.

Hahahaha here's question: how come this Lucario board's one of the only character boards with a spam warning sticky thread? I find that weird lol

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Lucario is an excellent character but I have trouble with having the patience to use him.

Hahahaha here's question: how come this Lucario board's one of the only character boards with a spam warning sticky thread? I find that weird lol
In the Golden Years of this board we had many of "spam" and offtopicness around here,
it was chill, but then Gimpyfish came and Fsmashed everything and some other mod locked the Lucario chat room thread because they couldn't see what Teds post meant T_T.

It's all good though, We still have the IRC.

Browny

Smash Hater
they were NOT golden years. they were immature spam times. just because some people found it funny to post the same meme over and over again, in every thread, didnt mean everyone else liked it.

IRC is all that matters now and it is infinitely better

Top Bottom