• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

Zucco

Smash Master
Most likely. I never team with Pits though so im not about to test this out lol.

The song in that video was awesome. New Brawl music! ^_^

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I was looking at this http://allisbrawl.com/video/video.aspx?id=31586 and it got me thinkin'... Does Pit allow Lucario to have a jab lock with BAS?

BAS -> Wings of Icarus pushing the character back -> repeat.
Tried it before.

it's not fast enough :(

but if you want to continue it, I know that weak hit nair will still allow you to continue the lock (and I think weak bair)

obv. moves like our jab and dtilt won't (wish they did)

edit: oooooh, didn't read it right, yes BAS can continue a lock, just not by itself (rate of fire is too slow)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
PSA said it was frame 6

We're looking into more consistent data in smash lab for advantage/shield stuff, I'll get back to this when I'm finished.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Quick questions.
Should I try implementing Dtilt/DT into my game ? Right now I'm using them very rarely and I was just wondering what are others opinions on these moves.

How important is it to master the 1frame FP Grab?

Rising Dair Oos is sex. This much I know. But how much are you guys using this per match? I don't want to overdue it and get predictable but I swear its just so sexy.

Thx ahead.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I'd suggest doing things that keep you unpredictable and works to the flow of the match.

DTilt is a crude poking tool that can be really nice to push people back a little and hit people off of ledges (just be careful to not DTilt into one of Snake's Nades). You can also use this to punish landing lag.

Jab (-> Jab) -> DTilt works on Snake and other heavies when you push them offstage with a Jab. Just be careful if you try to use it against someone like D3 because if you whiff you will be CGed.

Double Team is useful on slow moves and predictable projectiles (Pika's Jolt, lasers, grenades, etc.) if you're using it on something like Pika's Jolt be careful to not do it in such a way that you don't get grabbed out of it. Might be best to punish landing lag on Pika though.

All in all these moves are meh, not bad, but not spectacular. Against a really competent opponent don't expect to constantly land these moves, but they will be a nice mixup every now and then.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Spam dtilt at people on the edge. It sometimes hits people and stagespikes them.

Frame 1 FP is just a nice gimmick. Use it sparingly or you will be punished.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Short hop air dodge 1 frame fp works sometimes

Otherwise the only real set-ups for it are fair and uair

Airports suuuuck

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Double Team is useful on slow moves and predictable projectiles (Pika's Jolt, lasers, grenades, etc.) if you're using it on something like Pika's Jolt be careful to not do it in such a way that you don't get grabbed out of it. Might be best to punish landing lag on Pika though.
Double team is useful on pikmin the most. Since they are attached you can use if at anytime then. I have gotten a number of olimar players with this tatic.

Also hos is uair a set up for frame 1 fp?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
If Lucario is getting 3 stocked on his last life and fully charges an aura sphere, then kills the opponent twice without using aura sphere, will his charged aura sphere remain as large as it was before or will it shrink?
It shrinks, however after taking a stock, the aura sphere will keep its size for around 8 seconds. It takes around 8 or so seconds for stock changes to be taken into account.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hellu Lucario Boards, you might be seeing me a lot here in the next little while asking questions about your character and how they perform on a certain stage.
Character boards seem to cycle through incomplete MU threads to new ones in hope to update them and finally complete them. This is the R.O.B. Boards attempt at completing a sufficient stage-discussion thread and I'm going to try my best to get accurate and thorough information, but I'll need your help. This will be the only question with an introductory. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you guys need info on anything for R.O.B. don't hesitate asking. ^_^

Anywho!

Q: How does Lucario fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can Lucario abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see Lucario's chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Wow, this is my first post in, like, forever...

Anyway.

What's the best way to recover as Lucario? I have a lot of trouble recovering with him, and my Extreme Speed skills are horrible, to put it bluntly.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Marth. His game mostly revolves around spacing, cross ups, and reading, since that's all he really has.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Marth if you want to be more agressive.

Snake if you want to be more patient and learn grenade timing I guess.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Playing Duelist Pro helps you get better at teching. Play that for a few minutes and you're set. :)

Top Bottom