• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
His horizontal resistance is pretty good. His vertical resistance is mediocre. If you fight someone that relies on vertical kills (Snake being the big example), watch your damage percent.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't know anything...ask Trela.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
For lucario, you gotta fair or dair, depending on where you are sent, he has come actually pretty good DI capability if you pull it off. I actually think Lucario is Falco's best secondary by far, minus MK of course. The only other characters that do as well v. those chars is arguably like diddy and Marth, and they're a lot more common so the opponent will know the MU more likely.
I can agree with you on all that. Plus MK is banned in my state completely, so Lucario is my best bet for sure. I guess I'll just have to practice his DI a lot more because I was using his Fair and it wasn't working for me all that well. I thought about playing Diddy at one point, but I like Lucario better, and I haven't really seen anyone play him around here so MU experience will work in my favor.

Judo777

Smash Master
Hey Lucarios quick question. Does Lucario's aura adapt to his percent concerning his aura sphere? What I mean by this is if Lucario charges a small aura sphere (0%) then doesn't throw it until 100% does it actually get larger with his aura or does he throw the aura sphere he charged? Same question in reverse. If he was a stock down and charged a huge one and then kills you, once his aura switches (like after 8 seconds I think) will the aura sphere be smaller?

Browny

Smash Hater
You know... this isnt hard to test yourself >_<

afaik it does change, its time based too. Not gonna hook up my wii to find out though lol

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hey Lucarios quick question. Does Lucario's aura adapt to his percent concerning his aura sphere? What I mean by this is if Lucario charges a small aura sphere (0%) then doesn't throw it until 100% does it actually get larger with his aura or does he throw the aura sphere he charged? Same question in reverse. If he was a stock down and charged a huge one and then kills you, once his aura switches (like after 8 seconds I think) will the aura sphere be smaller?
afaik, aside from the 8-second respawn rule, it'll change according to his aura boost.

Judo777

Smash Master
You know... this isnt hard to test yourself >_<

afaik it does change, its time based too. Not gonna hook up my wii to find out though lol
Don't have a wii right now lol. I can't imagine it not changing tho otherwise I would see Lucarios throwing broken as hell aura spheres once they are a stock up cause they charged it on even stocks.

CelestiBoom

Smash Rookie
In Cappy Town with Kirby, MK and Dedede...
Aura is pretty simple for Lucario. The more damged you have and the less stocks you have than the enemy, you are more able to kick *** like crazy with aura shperes (one of the few projectiles that can K.O at moderate %'s I think...) Aura wasn't the thing that got me into Lucario. I stopped using Kirby at that time (I was bored of him) and I looking for another main. And my eyes went over to the blue jackal.

Suway

Smash Rookie
First off, I'm not sure I'm even posting this in the right area, since I haven't posted in years or so.
But anyway, I've been playing Lucario for a while now, and I tend to play pretty aggro.
(Kind of like Trela, I guess.)
The problem is, aside from a few tournaments, I only play against two people. (My brother (Luigi/C. Falcon/Link.)and a friend(Falco.))
At first, I won almost every match against them, but now they've started to play differently. (Campy and they rarely get into the air, which is where I usually do best against them.)
Any advice for an aggro Lucario fighting campy characters?

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
just cuz lucario is good doesn't mean that you should ban him. Barely anyone uses him anyway.
As much as I love using him he is just too good for tournament play, it's gotten to the point where the entire ruleset has been tailor made to deal with Lucario. There's no way the metagame will ever advance when it's simply pick Lucario and win. :/

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What is this I don't even

tekkie

Smash Master
seriously. did you know you can walljump for basically forever on yoshi's island? it's basically dimensional caping but with a hitbox

what would it take to ban lucario? the ability to taunt during wall cling?

QUESTION: has anyone used ISJR usefully/in tournament/consistently/is it worth learning/any videos of it being useful?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Too bad Lucario can't wallcling upsidedown. If he could, that would warrant the ban.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Who the hell would actually ban Lucario?

People who can't Powershield, space correctly or play a character that gets ***** in general? What is this, I don't even..

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Who the hell would actually ban Lucario?

People who can't Powershield, space correctly or play a character that gets ***** in general? What is this, I don't even..

:phone:
Why must you kill the fun?

Browny

Smash Hater
How to; not be bad at internet.

If someone says something completely ridiculous that defies all logic, and often has no reasoning behind it, it is either;

1) Sarcasm
2) So stupid that there's no point even thinking about it. Replying will make you dumber.

Done.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I remember in some video trela used extreme speed defensively. Is there any practical applications of extreme speed outside of extreme hogging even if it is extremely niche

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
How many characters can we FP when we are at 0% and then regrab, but with our regular grab?

That'd look so cool to FP, uktrow, then do a reverse utilt. Think of the possibilities!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^Almost all of them.

The ones you can't you can probably just do a fair -> nair/dair instead.

and then the ones that you can't fair string because they don't get off the ground, you can dash grab/dash attack.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Wait, you can combo out of Force Palm?

Is there a thread anywhere that goes through Force Palm in detail? Can I read it please?

Steam

Smash Hero
I thought everyone knew FP was by far the best string starter we have.

@aero- I went over forcepalm followups in my mostly done guide that's on this board! ;D

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
FP->fair/grab/another FP are the most common followups, all depending on aura/character.

Top Bottom