• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
uh lol. MK doesn't even have 9:1 matchups, so Lucario would easily be S tier if such an AT or combo exists. However, we've got people extensively working on this stuff, so idk. We haven't found much gaming changing stuff as of late, so all I can do is beg Phil to screw around vs. Sonic.

edit: the worst matchup that I actually know of is Marth vs. G&W, which is something like 80:20, along with G&W vs. Lucas.

Bluekn16ht

Smash Rookie
lol A chaingrab isn't defined by how much percent it does. It's defined by how many grabs you get in succession of each other. So technically a chaingrab is any 2+ grabs in a row. Now sure there are chaingrabs that are broken down into "sub" categories such as "pseudo CG," "tech chase CG," and "grab release." In reality though all of these could be considered a CG.
if so then Luca should have about 2 chaingrabs, but he's considered not to have any does he?

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
He has his side-b on middle and heavy weights and his areal grab releases on Wario. Oh, I did hear at 0% on the heaviest characters, U-throw to U-tilt is guaranteed, but I never got a chance to test it because I prefer the D-throw.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Just to add to what Fizzle Boy said, the side-b chaingrab is referred to as FPCG and the Uthrow to Utilt does work on heavy characters and deals a fair amount of damage.

Lucario has a grab release on Wario?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Also after second jump, but what I meant was we can't force it like other chars can.
I was testing the possibility on what FP air release can do since that happens many times when you try to attempt a FPCG on someone who knows how to get out, so I was seeing the scare factor in making it more risky for your opponent to air release, but to no avail, although I didn't test it fully.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lylat, eh?
It's okay, I don't like it's blastzones so much, I think I'd like it if it were higher, recovering actually isn't as bad as most say it is, but camping gets hurt (falco iirc does really badly on this stage in terms of camping and recovery).
It's a really meh stage, certainly not entirely banworthy unless on extreme occasions.

Esca

Smash Champion
So, I'm picking up Lucario so me and Trela can start doing good. :)

Do certain combos start at certain %'s with fairs, or do you have to be at certain percents?

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Come guys I need your advice on this stage.

It's basically BF but better if you can really abuse Nair and Bair when your opponent is on the platforms. Like Phil said though, Lucario can get KO'd semi early because of how small it is. Oh, and the ledges can be pure evil at times. Generally, I'd not really recommend it as a CP unless you plan to mind game with the platforms/get some stage spikes/profit on it. Take anyone greater than B tier there, and it'll probably be at your disadvantage.

but, just imo.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's basically BF but better if you can really abuse Nair and Bair when your opponent is on the platforms. Like Phil said though, Lucario can get KO'd semi early because of how small it is. Oh, and the ledges can be pure evil at times. Generally, I'd not really recommend it as a CP unless you plan to mind game with the platforms/get some stage spikes/profit on it. Take anyone greater than B tier there, and it'll probably be at your disadvantage.

but, just imo.
except possibly falco, iirc.
10ironicfailsathomestages

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Ledges screw with long range aura sphere, which is bad, and invisible nades are the biggest reasons I stay away from Lylat.

In general, take spacies and characters with poor sweetspots/recoveries here so that they gimp themselves.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Lylat sucks for cario. But sucks for a lot of characters anyway. lol I also CP Falco here and push them off the ledge and let the stage do the gimping lolmao.

Nubsta5

Smash Cadet
Ok, I hate to do this, but I've searched my *** off on these forums...

What's the IRC website URL?

I lost it a few months back and just haven't been able to find it since.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
If your going to go to the IRC, ignore the ungodly welcome message.
It's rather old and unfunny.
-t2

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Does DT counter projectiles such as Toon Link's bombs? I would test it out on my Wii but at the moment I don't have access to it. :(

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
I was playing a bowser and i get caught in fire breath on the edge. What kind of options do i have to get back to the center of the stage? The only thing i could think of is using the invincibility frames from grabbing the ledge, and then fall away and grab it again (using extremespeed) until bowser's flame falls short of the ledge. I also thought of jumping up and using AS, but It seemed like a big risk for 5%.

hough123

Smash Ace
I was playing a bowser and i get caught in fire breath on the edge. What kind of options do i have to get back to the center of the stage? The only thing i could think of is using the invincibility frames from grabbing the ledge, and then fall away and grab it again (using extremespeed) until bowser's flame falls short of the ledge. I also thought of jumping up and using AS, but It seemed like a big risk for 5%.
You could have DI'd out and gone over him. IIRC, he has a bit of lag when he stops his flame, so you could've punished him.

I could be wrong though.

Milln

Smash Champion
Who the hell cares if you're the "best player of this particular character in this particular state" You'd still get crushed if you went anywhere.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
agreed. I dont see all the arguing and fighting over who's the best in so and so. i mean really, if your the best in a place and somebody from some other place isnt at the top, but hes better than you, then its all worthless

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Who the hell cares if you're the "best player of this particular character in this particular state" You'd still get crushed if you went anywhere.
Hey ******, lurn2humor.

And why do you matter anymore? You quit Brawl and started playing that fail BlazBlue anyway, from what I've heard. Idc if you quit Brawl, but at least quit it for a better fighting game.

Milln

Smash Champion
Hey ******, lurn2humor.

And why do you matter anymore? You quit Brawl and started playing that fail BlazBlue anyway, from what I've heard. Idc if you quit Brawl, but at least quit it for a better fighting game.
I matter because i'm Milln.

You don't because you have never had anything constructive to say, especially since you don't even know what's going on with its players. I did not quit Brawl, although I do play BlazBlue. And yes, BlazBlue is a better fighting game than Brawl. Go insult someone who'll actually react as if they're offended.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
^The curse of the Lucario Boards continues^

On another note, I was wondering if anybody has a unique follow-up the the SH Fair that they use. For example, I'll follow up a SH Fair with a reverse aura charge on D3. Anyone else

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I matter because i'm Milln.

You don't because you have never had anything constructive to say, especially since you don't even know what's going on with its players. I did not quit Brawl, although I do play BlazBlue. And yes, BlazBlue is a better fighting game than Brawl. Go insult someone who'll actually react as if they're offended.
Your self satisfaction and generally presence of pretentiousness are almost nauseating. Go be full of yourself else where. All that you've done for the community is post maybe a few helpful things for Lucario, and make the guide videos. That's it. I'm not discrediting either of those in their entirety, but you lounge around this forum (and the IRC) like you are the end all, be all of Lucario mainers, and that everyone should bow to you just because. You rarely rank at any tourneys and all you really do is just whine about how you wish you were in Japan and that anything from Japan is super KAWAI ^_^ and things of that nature. You're not at all influential to the Lucario community anymore, so either stop being such an arrogant idiot and gback2theanimu4ums, or start doing something that matters to Lucario's metagame. I really hope that response was a joke, if only for your sake.

Oh, and you've just shown how hypocritical you are. I've been actually posting recently to get some discussion on the move set and matchups, suggesting approaches, move uses, etc. If you weren't inactive as **** and full of yourself, you'd actually stop pretending that you've read any of my posts and stop being butthurt over some IRC drama that happened months ago. And no, BlazBlue isn't a good fighting game. Brawl isn't good in any sense of the word either, but BB is still ****. Flattering comparisons don't justify a positive view on the quality. If any of you played a good fighting game like SF2, any of the King of Fighters, hell even Capcom vs. SNK 2, you'd realize just how shallow BB is.

Btw, I love how you ad hominem that I don't matter even though I never said I did, and you provided horrible reasons to refute. I'm not important (or claim to be as well), but this does not refute anything or make you important. If anything, it just shows how arrogant you really are.

@fizzle: that's not really a good option but w/e. SH fair has a lot of follow up options, like a FF'd Fair, Nair, etc. but it really depends on who you're playing against.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
My favorite is SH fair -> retreat back AS for people who get too greedy to try to punish an approach and if I've conditioned them from grabbing, and I also like SH fair-> retreating nair.

Top Bottom