• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Qac Help!!

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I learned how to QAC and I use pretty often, but for some reason It made my pika worse, I have no idea why. It seems like I'm thinking to much about QACing at the right time instead of focusing on other aspects? Should I not QAC till I got it down pat?

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
How worse? Are you being punished too much? Missing your QAC attacks? Messing up in game?

I would start adding in QAC only as a positioning reset tool before going offensive with it. For offense, try to avoid direct QAC and do more the double QA - its more confusing to the opponent. Also, upair if they're behind you, nair if they're in front of you.

If you're training something, I would suggest training Drop shield -> running upsmash. Its much more applicable and useful than QAC.

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
QAC is really situational, and will get punished a ton if you over use it. I've been practicing with a friend to get it down for an attack, but as a concequence he now knows QAC timing very well, and it's not hard for him to block the whole thing and punish.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
QAC is really situational, and will get punished a ton if you over use it. I've been practicing with a friend to get it down for an attack, but as a concequence he now knows QAC timing very well, and it's not hard for him to block the whole thing and punish.
This.

QAC isn't a something that you should be using a lot. Matter of fact, you should barely use it. It is way to easy to punish. Like Veil said, use it for positioning. Occasional offensive QACS are fine, but doing it a lot is only asking for trouble.

Zylar

Smash Ace
I'm barely able to use QAC, so I only use it to mix up my game, spacing, and the occasional QAC -> Thunder.
If your sacrificing the basics of pika play then you should do like spyckie said.

K 2

Smash Lord
I find QAC for useful for mindgames and surprise attacks. You're opponent forgets about that attack if you don't use it much, which is perfect for QAC half way across FD and hit them with a nair to KO them.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
It is making your Pikachu worse because you don't feel comfortable yet with QAC, and yes, you are thinking about it too much.
Practice in training mode more until you know it backwards and forwards (pun intended).

Once you have put the timing for QAC into muscle memory, it'll only serve to help your game. Unless you abuse it.

5ive

Smash Champion
It depends on when and where you use it.
I also had trouble implementing QAC into my gameplay, but practice made everything better.

My best advice, is to practice.
Simple, but effective.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I know how to drop shield and running up smash. I know it says smash noob but I've been playing smash competitively for a while. Yeah I use way to much thats my problem thanks for your help, I get punished for it. Yeah I use it mostly into a down B.

Top Bottom