• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QAC Lag.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I saw Anther using QAC Uair Airdodge in a match so I decided to try it myself in training. Well when I tested it I found out that unlike regularly airdodging into the ground there is a slight lag and you can't airdodge straight into shield after QAC'ing.

To me this seemed similar to the third jump glitch that effects people who grab the ledge with Up-B. So with more testing I found that the lag is there when landing regularly, and when doing aerials after QAC.

There is also an odd trait to this, making it even more similar to the third jump glitch. You do not get this lag if you QAC into full jump neutral-B, but the lag is then saved for you're next landing. So if you tried QAC into full jump b, then tried to jump again you'll have that landing lag that prevents you from airdodging into shield and stuffs.

Sorry if this is old. Didn't feel like searching.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I couldn't really follow that well. What do you mean by lag necessarily? Are you sure you're just not doing the full hop-B incorrectly the second time? From my experience, lag (vulnerability) from air-dodge > shield is existent in all cases where someone lands. Please clear up what you mean. A video may help if you can upload one. Thanks.

Sincerly,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er

Tagxy

Smash Lord
This has been known for awhile, but I hadnt payed attention to their being lag after the second jump jolt when you had to jump again. Its basically the lag you would have had from landing into the ground from a non-canceled QA.

Anther

Smash Champion
You're right Blank. Pika gets the 3rd jump landing lag if he does a quick attack cancel, or uses the second part of quick attack to grab the ledge. Landing with a special won't reset the flag (like landing with a full hopped neutral b, part of the hitting ground is still technically part of the neutral b animation)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
What do pika's do to cancel lag/avoid getting punished by this lag in real combat?

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I don't think there is anything you can do besides keep it in mind. Also to just get rid of it by shorthopping after QAC Neutral-B when you have the chance. Your opponent can take advantage of it in combos too, since you still get the lag if they throw/hit you into the air, so expect to get juggled if you don't do something to keep them away.

And thanks for confirming guys. I thought that lag from QAC would be noticeable but wanted to make sure people knew about its third-jump-glitch-like properties that carry over lol.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
if you do a thunderjolt, it usually cancels it out. Delay the thunderjolt a bit and you'll be fine.

fair is the second best alternative, but I've had no problems spamming thunderjolt out of QAC.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
thunderjolt is the only thing I know of that cancels the lag. Of course it doesnt really matter after then since you can just jump in a safe location to get rid of the lag. I think all of this was discussed the the QAC thread of yore.

Top Bottom