• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| QLD Autumn LAN 2k9 | Melee/Brawl | Results Page 45

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I'm from mywii. You'll find that if the top players from mywii grouped together that they'd hae smashboards running for their money. Just because we play wi-fi doesnt mean ****, we can differentiate how we play when we play offline.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Sieg:
Posts like the one Kaion quoted are why a lot of players can't be bothered with smashboards. You may think you're not hurting anyone with little remarks like that, but you are and you'll see it when LanSmash is on and about 7 or 8 players from MyWii.com show up.

From what I've read on MyWii.com about what they think of smashboards (and a lot of it is coming from your posts specifically Michael), they don't hold a very high opinion of you and the general attitude that gets dampened by it.

Please stop trolling.
I won't ask you to apologize (Because you won't)

But I will say that I'm pretty pissed off about how your posts are undermining my ability to draw numbers to a tournament.

EDIT:

@MyWii: Thank you for enduring it though. I know you guys cop it a lot from random trolls on your website as well. If not here, smash trolls live everywhere. Sadly.

Just remember that we're all really nice people when we want to be. For most of us that's offline as well as online.

swordsaint

Smash Master
And to add to Vyse's comment. You'd be surprised how many players we got as rejects from smashboards because they were completely ignored or looked down on.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Like bylim5? =D
And so many ppl on smash boards are on mywii, so I don't see too much of an issue, everyone should just be happy =)
And it all starts with spouting verbal rainbows at everyone

swordsaint

Smash Master
LOL amaterasu, I'm looking to play you if you come. I hear you're pretty much the best up there so, yeah. We don't judge all of smashboards though. Most of the smashboards peeps are awesome, with your several exceptions.
Mywii- wifi.
smashboards -offline.
It's as simple as that, if you dont like wifi who cares, don't judge the players.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
And to add to Vyse's comment. You'd be surprised how many players we got as rejects from smashboards because they were completely ignored or looked down on.
Fortunately there's gonna be less of that because Australia is more actively moderated, and most of the people who usually trolled have been put in their place by Cao.

Also, super job on organising the MyWiians Sword Saint!
^_^

swordsaint

Smash Master
I did? Oh, if you mean listing what mywiians are attending. =D
We have some time to organise so I'll ask another question. How many players should we use in crew battles? There's no doubting smashboards "as a whole" is better, but I think if we used only our top players against only your top players, we could somewhat compete.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
5 on 5 might be good.
Would be quicker too.

What would it be?
djKaion
Jezmo
SwordSaint
LeishaChu
...Jei?

Otherwise you could go the whole hog and get everyone who comes and has an affiliation with MyWii. lol.

swordsaint

Smash Master
lol Kaion isn't bad.

Most people on Smashboards act so hard on the forums, you meet him in real life and they're either gay, or just so quiet you never hear one word from em.

We have another awesome player coming now Vyse.

So at the moment it's looking (for a 5 vs 5):
Kaion
Jezmo
Swordsaint (I hear he's the best)
Metanova
Leisha

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
Vyse
Thank you for enduring it though. I know you guys cop it a lot from random trolls on your website as well. If not here, smash trolls live everywhere. Sadly.

It's seriously not even a problem. We have to put up with trolls on MyWii clogging up the threads with remarks like 'you all kiss your Brawl case at night' and just other lame stuff like that which shouldn't even be responded to. THAT kind of **** is trolling to me especially on a gaming site what Sieg said was just funny. :laugh:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The TEC crew need to be bigger...

Cao/Attila/Tibz, ugh.... just 1 more person...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Get That Rat is probably the greatest troll in existence, but he's a very cool guy to hang around. Sieg is a good guy too, he's my oldest bestest friend which is why I can lecture him and why he'll lecture me back :)

But you guys will meet us all, and we'll all play smash, run out for food and a multitude of other random crap. You'll get to meet Sieg too and we'll get to hang out and be cool.

SwordSaint said:
I personally find trolls amusing to no end. It's when the admins pop up and ruin your fun that things get out of hand. :p
What's wrong with awesome official badges? hahaha.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
MyWii is awesome, I love it already

Oh wait, Bryan's in it... asklslkdfsogsetfslslgooflopf

<3 Bryan

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
>.<
-My mk could get beaten by a lvl 9 cpu on wifi, I actually get scared that I'll kill myself tornadoing off the stage instead of the other person being scared of broken priority lol
-But yeah, looking forward to some epic mk dittos, haven't had them for a while =)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Sieg's wifi suprised me when I last played on it.
His connection actually makes for some near lagless games.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
I just perused through this thread and just had a look at what you people had to say about online and offline matches. This may sound a bit strange, but I don't feel so bad being limited to using just Wi-Fi anymore. :) FYI, I was flamed by people here about 2 months ago when I thought I was decent only by playing Wi-Fi. :( However, I think that both online and offline matches can be good for anyone. (Not including the online matches where lag is noticeable that is.) Also, I don't find it THAT hard to transition between both kinds matches. It still feels pretty much the same way by my standards. Although, it'd still be awesome to be able to go to an offline tourney one day! :) (Which should be in a few months hopefully! =D)

@Swordsaint: Did you try to reset/turn the modem on and off again? Normally if my matches become really laggy, I do that and it works wonders for me!

I thought the lag issue was less serious in Australia isn't it?

Atria

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter what I do, it's probably because my connection is wireless.
My connection is wireless too. It might be the type of modem you use then. Some modems are compatible with Wi-Fi while others aren't. Mine is compatible with Wi-Fi which is probably why I rarely get any laggy matches. I can give you a list if you want.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Atria, it took me a long time, but I realise now that Wifi helps people get good at Brawl.

I didn't want to believe it until I saw evidence of it myself. Players like ADHD and Anther in America got really REALLY good at Brawl on wifi. ADHD has a Diddy that can run close to even with M2K, which is pretty amazing, and ADHD played almost exclusively Wifi up until the last few months.

We see it here in Australia too, especially with Jezmo and djKaion (From my experience anyway).

Smoking Puppy is pretty beast as well.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Atria, it took me a long time, but I realise now that Wifi helps people get good at Brawl.

I didn't want to believe it until I saw evidence of it myself. Players like ADHD and Anther in America got really REALLY good at Brawl on wifi. ADHD has a Diddy that can run close to even with M2K, which is pretty amazing, and ADHD played almost exclusively Wifi up until the last few months.

We see it here in Australia too, especially with Jezmo and djKaion (From my experience anyway).

Imo (coming from someone who plays wi-fi) all that proves is that playing wi-fi is better than not playing at all. Who's to say they wouldn't be better if they played offline with the pros everyday instead of online?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
That's where players like Mew2King come in. He's so **** good that he only plays at tournaments. lol.

That being said, Mew2King plays at tournaments every weekend (Like the rest of America) and is probably why America is substantially better than the rest of the world.

EDIT: Also, I beat Gords the last time we played (In a crew battle ditto). Though that was some few months ago.

Perhaps this time the apprentice will defeat the master?
Or perhaps we'll combine forces to take out Tibz :)

Atria

Smash Journeyman
nah, i don't care. I get good matches with people with good connections, just lately wifi has been having it's periods.
Lol at you leeching off other people connections. :laugh: (You probably did that when I had a match against you though...)

I wouldn't know about that though. Stupid Wii not being able to read my discs. Man, it's been a while since I played brawl...:(

What you say is true. Better to play against someone then to play against nobody at all.

Hey Vyse! Long time no see! (Uh...Speech wise that is. :laugh:) Yeah, I agree that people can get good, either by playing online or offline matches. I just recently got a taste against a few people on mywii as well. Those people don't mess around I'll tell you that! I was in one of their most recent online tournaments. I didn't do too bad for my first try. I got to round 3 remaining undefeated using Ike! Sadly however, my Wii has stopped working for some unknown reason why. It can't read ANY of my discs! :( So I had to pull out. It's going to be sent to Victoria in a few days to get serviced though which is good.

Also, I might not be going to Tasmania by the end of this year. Well, that's because I don't really feel like it now. I've got a choice of either Brisbane or Melbourne ATM. However, I'm still looking at Universities both of these places have available for the course I want to take. So I'm still undecided about where I'm going to go. :ohwell:

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
I was reading about your unis thing, and I was like,
Go melbourne so I can play smash with you! And then I saw Brisbane and I thought, go brisbane so I can go smash with you!

God I'm ******** hahaha

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
For the sake of retaining players in Queensland I will say that Queensland is better.
QUT is the shizzle. Fo Rizzle.

Sucks about your Wii. Happened to DJ Cat's wii not long ago, but it got sent off and came back good as gold.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
For the sake of retaining players in Queensland I will say that Queensland is better.
QUT is the shizzle. Fo Rizzle.

Sucks about your Wii. Happened to DJ Cat's wii not long ago, but it got sent off and came back good as gold.
Well, the one that has the better facilities for my course is the one I'll go to. Also, I have to worry about which one will accept me too. That's another factor on my shoulders. :ohwell:

Do you remember what the problem was with their Wii? I think there's something wrong with the lens. Like, when I put a game in, it sounds like it's struggling to read it. I think it might be clogged by dust or something. However, it's really hard to see the lens because of that tiny slit the Wii has without actually cracking the Wii open. Also, I don't want to risk damaging my Wii even further by sticking a cotton bud in there coated with methanol not knowing where I'm supposed to go. :ohwell:

@Amaterasu: Yeah...What's up with your location? How can you be at the Gold Coast AND Brisbane at the same time huh? :laugh:

@xXArrowXx: Did you use a computer to make those textures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom