• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| QLD Autumn LAN 2k9 | Melee/Brawl | Results Page 45

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
That is an awesome idea, id so be into that. Although i would have to beat him at Diddy Kong Racing some more =D. But yeah bob deserves something special

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Bob's n64 bash!

I'm definately in support of an n64 tourney for bob. So long as there is goldeneye!

Sorry that I couldn't teach you anything specific Lee, to be honest I'm new to melee aswell, only been playing for a couple of months but I've learnt alot about falcon in that time. All I can say is to practice heaps, and try creative things, you'd be suprised how many falcon attacks lead into combos.

And jabbing is hella useful. Don't just shuffle knee's all over the place. It doesn't work unless you're chris.

Looking forward to seeing you and casy again. You guys should definately come to some meet's sometime.

Thanks scrubs, would have liked to play you and some others a bit more aswell, I need experience from a few more matchups (like fking peach and falco i despise those matchups).

Also it was great to meet some of the melbourne and brisbane players that I've never met before. It was all really fun.

T.REX

Smash Apprentice
I feel obliged to post again, having attended this event.

Was awesome fun and meeting everyone was great, so i guess i'll do some shoutouts...

ARROW! - Thanks for having faith in my falcon and teaming with me :) i think we did pretty good, taking down attila and moose. Also, you bring the lols :D

Jei - Nice falcon ditto's, hope to have more in melbourne sometime :) your pit is off the chains too :p

Atilla - Nice job on second in doubles AND singles, i watched your matches with chris, intense stuff. I'm challgening your lucas to a match at the next melbourne tourney.

Jesmo - I knew you were young, but I didnt know you were THAT young! You're so mature for your age, its amazing, and your brawl skills, WOW! It's so cool that your whole family comes out to support you aswell, and that they're so knowledgeable on the game, i was shocked, hopefully i'll vs you again offline someday.

Gords - The TECH MASTER! yeah, your techs are awesome, and your toonlink is **** impressive, you have some pretty cool texture hacks aswell, was great spending the week with you, you're quite a character :)

DJcat & Dino - Thanks a million for your unending generousity.

Vyse - Nice meeting you man, didnt really talk much, but it was a pretty hecktic day. I caught a couple of your matches (one with kaion), your diddy is awesome, and your mindgames, ****! Glad to hear you got your memory card back. oh and, i SO wasnt hitting on jesmo's mum -__- i literally thought she and her daughter were sisters O_O

Kaion - Great meeting you finally, thanks for showing me japanese brawl! your samus is awesome :)

Leisha, Meteor and Scott - Dont think I could really say anything here that I havent already told you. :p
Was great spending those few days with you guys.

Thats all I can really think of at the moment, great games to everyone i vs'd! and i hope everyone had as much fun as i did :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Because I only just started doing it when I didn't feel like playing? I used to do it even back at SQUAT 2. As I said, it has nothing to do with sportmanship or anything like that.

Think what you want.
I've come to realise that my problem is that I expect everybody to see things the way I do, so I'm sorry for everything I said. But I don't take it back. Even back since SQUAT2 I've thought it to be an extremely immature way to present yourself in anything, but I suppose not all of us can take this game as seriously as I do.

I was only mostly worried about the way people who might not know you may perceive you (those being all the new guys who came to the scene like Casy, Lee, Style, Brizzat and many of the out of staters who had never met you), but I guess people such as yourself are to be expected in a competitive gaming environment.

But yeah, I've been thinking about what I've said and I realise you're right. Not everybody thinks the same way I do. I should probably just trust you know what you're doing.

Cao, thanks for the pictures : 3

casy

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts

Vyse: Thankyou for your words of encouragement and overall good-naturedness. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play you.

NG7: Fox dittos were so fun

SwordSaint: Fun games

Accelerate: Congrats on winning the tourney. The friendlies with you were really educational.

Azure Rune: Friendlies were fun. Double sheik is broken.

Gords: I enjoyed getting gimped by your young link.

King Kong: I enjoyed getting zero-to-deathed by your DK

AussieRob: Your Falcon is so good.

NG7

Smash Lord
Casy ya foo'

You like Dream Theatre?

ALSO I F@CKIN FORGOT TO SAY THANKS TO THE TWO COOLEST DUDES AT THE TOURNEY. ANTHONY AND BOB. YEP. F@ckn mega-efforts. Deadset.

Secondly I'm sorry that I wasn't friendly and didn't talk to everyone. So tired!

casy

Smash Cadet
Yeah I like Dream Theater. The new album is going to suck though!

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Keep practicing casy. Let's try and catch up to the old pro's around QLD :p maybe bump the melee community a bit. Come to a meet sometime, I'm always playing melee there lol I don't play brawl so I need lot's of melee partners.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Highlights:

- Meeting my first Gold Coastian drunk yobbo at Elanora Maccas
- Winning Brawl Teams with Chris like I promised
- Teppanyaki! Korean BBQ!
- Getting rapetackled inside Infinity by Syke - that place was made for ****** - they strip you of all your belongings and shove you into a dark labrynith with no defense mechanisms
- Had a giant ball thrown in my face (Syke) when i entered the "Ballroom," the ball hit my face and my head rebounded backwards and hit the chick behind me... ow...
- Being 'taught' how to bowl by Ryan - lol insta-win
- Melee singles and teams :)
- GAYFL vs. Rugby finger **** debate wars
- Cake for A' and Vyse
- Saturday night
- Met no annoying people on this trip - thanks Shaya for not coming <3
- Ordering a breakfast in the hotelroom
- Losing
- Ryze
- Ben
- Moose
- Billy
- Syke
- Attila
- Jei
- King Kong
- Finding a Bowser in the supermarket

Lowlights:

- Landing in Coolongatta but being stuck inside the plane for an hour waiting for a thunderstorm to pass and watching A-Dash trying to catch a female Togapi to pass time
- Too much McDonalds and convenience store sandwiches
- Closed beaches
- Seeing pools of scat in the ocean
- Surfers needs a makeover... looks so dated, but getting there!
- Waiting 4 hours for my first Melee singles match
- Personal shoddy photo-taking skills
- Small venue - hard to get around, although I personally prefer smaller spaces than bigger ones, this one was just too small haha
- No Juggy *cryface*
- No time for gym rawr :c

Tabs:

- Moose $35
- Syke 25 + 22 + 15 + 12 = foooooooking-heeeeel get a job <333333 wubwubwubwub pet pet pet

Other observations:

- QLD is overall lagging behind in Brawl and beasting in Melee. Better than not being the best in either game at all (NSW :))
- DJKaion is awesome at brawl

Thanks everyone for a good weekend and thanks Vyse for setting it up

Til' next time,

~ Woxian Overlord

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Ryan you are good at bowling? Why the **** didnt you say so. i might actually have found something that your good at that ill **** you in

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Ok time for some shout outs and some explanations.
I was very sick this past week, i spent Thursday night in the hospital. :urg:
I've been hyperventilating, overheating and passing out randomly.
I feel a bit better now but I'm still under the weather.

Shout outs:
Chris: Thanks for the "doctory" advice on the weekend, its helped alot for the past few days

Moose: Thanks for hanging out with me while i was sick on the couch (Insert tin tin quote here :laugh:)

Ben: It was good seeing you on Wednesday and on the week end , pitty we couldn't have any matches.

Rune: Good seeing you on the weekend, you've gotta come to more meets.

Ghost: It was nice hanging out with you Saturday night, come over when ever you want

Hotdogs: Dam you and your bloody Kirby, I'll get ya one day.
By the way good going getting your brother to the tourney
We'll definitely do more Brisbane Brawl Crew training whenever you want. :bee:

T-rex: Hey tom, i had a great time hanging out with you this past week.
I hope you come to more tourneys, your good.

Arrow: Any time your around everything becomes so much more exciting.
By the way, you forgot your hat on Sunday, come get it whenever you want.

Rob: Thanks for the couple of matches we hard on Sunday, we so have to do more melee matches together.

Vyce: Another great tourney Vyce, nice work.
Heres a some rubbing in for you, A dying Dino with only 2 practice matches under his belt takes out Vyce in the crew battles, Muhahahaha.

Leisha: Thanks for the birthday presents, I'll take good care of them.
I hope you enjoy the presents i gave you.

Here's the big shout outs
I would like thank Bob and Gords for taking me to the Hospital and the Doctors duing the week. I owe you guys big time.
Also another thanks go to everyone that stayed with me and bob this past week for taking care of me, it was nice having all of you around.

Well thats enough, if I forgot anyone i'm sorry (sick johns)
oh well, bye

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
k ill get the hat sometime

well i am super busy til 13th. then its easy street.

why i was there on sunday = cause dads annoying friend came over and i live 5 minutes away from the venue + i left stuff at dj and dinos.

~~shout outs (long post skip)~~
atilla - good job with getting 2nd. your snake was excellent. if only i could get through that grenade tech =p

chris - nice belt champ.

rune - its been awhile nice doubles work your wolf is cool

Moose - i say ike for doubles =P sorry the trivia sucks i wanted racist guess who or smasher guess who :<

Dino - for a sick person you were wavedashing in and out of the venue.. nice crew battle.. i consider it a big highlight

DJ - nice goldeneye needs more pistols on big cheeses tho. or handshakes while wavelanding. also nice crew battle tactics.. we syked vyse out with that advyse.

hotdogs - yay kirby it *****.. dont know what happened in doubles @_@ but good job. good job in motivating the oosers to vs us.. to bad we weren't that motivated.. bl in sf4 i here btw.. also u got some jigglypuff potential learn from the scrub man.

sieg - nice falcon dittos. and saw some matches with epic gG&w. we needed falco dittos on melee day :< and u gotta hit that sf4 combo its awesome.

vyse - goodjob yelling at people for whateva reason, hope u had a good birthday and nice work at the tourny pity about crew performance.. even tho i did worse XD. (first crew battle johns...=P)

T-Rex - we had some great matches 1v1 falcons, thought your falcon is better than mine.. cause of mines neglection in 1v1 :<. great doubles partner. took out second place :) but we lost to some people... what the.. we must have been hungry or something lol. hope to see ya soon some time. might even try wi-fi *shudders* XP

Meatyor Master - your ness is cool as.. ***** meee even on the counterpick. i really got to learn the match up it wasn't unexpected but yeah lazy. you got great skills.

Girl that i think it was ~chu~? - nice goldeneye and one round of snowboard kids.. i was warming up >.<' ah nice lucas 2

ss - good job on 3rd, didn't play you but you probably would have won. funny doubles matches.

gords - in a 2v 1 situation me and trex dont have the patient for you to be on the ledge... but yeah good stuff you dodge attacks well and pretty cool techs. wasn't sure how to deal with it =P nice goldeneye 2 u need to pick oddjob or the "second scientist". thx for helping out dj and dino 2.

stik - solid ryu.. not that i kno about sf4. .but my one trick wonder fei couldn't do anything =P nice rob 2 bad about singles. good job in crews tho. keep up the unmanly spam.

rocko - solid g&w knew u had it in you. didn't play u this time :/

ryan - nice melee and brawl bowser. u have earned the right to hump someones ear.. not mine.

jesmo - first time i played you one on one.. it was cool. dont really know how to fight your wolf but i tried... ill work on my spacing.. and be aware of the deadly back air next time. next time ill win =P

jbirds - nice placing. we both lost to meteor ;< we need more snake dittos XP

kickflip - nice to see ya. i consider your lucas **** against ryan. bl with sd tho.. and bowser living for so long.

ghost - nice yoshi.. i didn't get to spot dodge your dash grab this tourny :<

booker - i am not worthy to vs u in sf4 yet?? =P vs me next time ill combo like a sf guile. epic vyse defeat with IC manly as ****

max - you have brawl potential.. but yeah u need experience lol. fun friendlies

Djkaion - oo nice spamus.. its my turn to get you back now =P sorry about locking u down for like 100 matches with gords i know u were going to leave lol.

rob - played like a match or 2 with you nice falcon.. its manly. you are really good at melee makes me feel bad cause we started around same time XD

jei - nice 3 stock on me.. decieving friendlies lol.. ill try to bring a better game next time :X

missed a few people i believe... oh well when i remember ill shout.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I almost forgot, Gords, if you have the replay of me playing chris in crews, I would like you to send it to me, thanks...

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
was it gords' wii that all the replays were saved on? i really want the team vids and me vs chris on norfair for the lolz

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
honestly, i dont really want the world to see. australia is rather crap compared to the us. but i would like to see where i went wrong, and show off doubles awesomeness to everyone :p

Gords

Smash Champion
i am a bit busy this week, but i will get all the replays sorted out by the end of next week.

how do poeple want them though.

1. keep them as bin files, and but upload them on a file hosting site for download

2. record them on a camera or try and get recording software to put them in video format, then upload to youtube. (this method may take a bit longer as i will need o get the recording equipment)

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Yeah arrow WTF didnt i vs you in SF4? Dont worry im sure with you vsing the noob patrol (Ryan/Michael/Nick/Hotdogs etc) you might just be ready for me

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Will edit in more as I go. Tired Physically (from changing gears a million times in peak hour), mentally and emotionally from that week.
OMG, Kaz-style shoutouts! ^-^

Kas, Triss, Aaron, Aron, James and anyone else I forgot:
You probably have your reasons, buts it was a shame not too see you cool peopel this time around. :ohwell:

Ryan and Zac:
YEEAHHZZZZ!!!!! Zac, I've really stated to like you a lot more in the last month or so, so much fun! We should get the dudes over for Melee more, don't mind me being crabby, people just need to be not so loud here, cause it scares my cat.
Ryan, I'm so happy you won, its been a LONG time coming and thouroughly deserved.
Loved your shouting, and excitement in the crew battles!

Arrow and Rune:
Thanks for the driving you guys did. It makes SO much difference to me, and your also both too nice and fun. I love your calmness and coolness Doug and Arrow, everyone loves it when you are around, Goldeneye Wavedashing! MILF! DEFENSIVE SLAP! :chuckle:

Billy and Trent:
Billy, your always such an entertaining person to have around, DKR was good as always.
Trent, thanks so much for driving peopel on the Saturday, hope you slept comfortably and sorry for taking the long way home. :embarrass

Attilla and Cao:
Thanks for coming and entertaining us all by challenging our superior local talent. :laugh:

Tom and Leisha:
Don't worry about getting me anything for having yas stay. Really. Spending quality time with you guys is worth more than anything. Snowboard Kids on the floor under a table (not a metaphor) was superb.
And, Tom you have to upload that Falcon pose of the year from Dreamworld.

Scoot and Meteor:
Scoot, hope you got some valuable experience from this trip. Enjoyed the TV tanking? :laugh: I think you might have left a towel up here.
Meteor, your either bouncing with energy or the living dead. Next time I'm going to have to ban people getting sick I think.
And sorry for making an absolute meal of the train/plane leaving. :( I think I owe you. Again.

Gords and Max:
Gords, you were an absolute life-saver on this trip. For real one night :urg: .
You kept me sane at times when I would have stressed out, and kept me company at critical points, I loved your CONSTANT enthusiasm and cheery mood. We have so many good in-jokes from this trip. (random guy at DcMonalds at 3am: (looks ut us) "OMG its the Umbilical Brothers!")
Max, hope you enjoyed yourslef, ya looked bored on day 1, and fair enough though. :bee: We'll Melee it up more often from now on. :)

Hotdogs and Rocko:
Hotdogs, great job of captaining the Brisbane team and then to get the interstate crew battle happening, that was great initiative and leadership shown there, we are lucky to have you.
Look foward to lots more fun in the future!
Rocko, great job in the crew battle, we were all very excited watching that!

Kickflip:
Always great to see you dude. Never mind the results, although I think you had a lot of fun with friendlies and whatnot so it don't matter. We shall tank your Lucas for the next crew battle!

Ghost:
Looked like you had fun on Saturday, always good for you to come along. Hope you didn't get 3 stocked by public transport again.

Moose and Sieg:
Moose, its always a pleasure to have you there, Tin-Tin and Cat Face quotes especially. :)
Sieg, what you run tournaments as well now? Madness. We need more Mario Party till 6am in future. :D

Antho:
Thanks so much for organizing all of this.
Really, I can't thank you enough for giving me something worthwhile to do with my time, and your constant dedication to get things done.
Really, because you go to the effort to do this stuff, the positive knock on effects are truly massive for so many people.
Legendary.
You were right about the size of the crew battles, they were actually really good with those numbers.
Bad luck about getting PUMMELED as the opener of the crews. :p
TWICE! :D

Chris and Rob
The 2 insane improvers on the Melee front!
You 2 are so nice and fun to have around, well done on Brawl sinlges Chris, yours so strong under pressure!
Rob, we gotta play heaps more Melee, I think our matches could be something real special now that Gords' tech has rubbed off on me. :p
And Goldeneye!!!!

Toai and Ben
It was great to see you again after SUCH a long time Toai! Thanks for leading us to central station!
Ben, thanks for coming over on Wednesday, sorry you had to wait for us, hope you aren't too flood affected and I agree, Leisha did a fine job of them Tacos. :)

KONG!
Bloody good job with doubles!
Hope we can see you more in the future. Possible hold meets at your adultshop/house? :)

I'm sure I've forgotten people, sorry I would have loved to play more friendlies and just hang out with people and not leave the venue 5-6 times, buts thats the way it goes. :/
Someones gotta do it.

EDIT:

Photos!
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v245/djcat64/AutumnSmash 2009/
LanSmash took some great pics as well!
http://www.lansmash.com/v/album/2009/AutumnSmash2009/

Gords

Smash Champion
ok i finally got some time to do shoutouts.

If i forget anyone soz.

So Shoutouts

DJ
It was great spending time at your place again. Always fun playing 64games and I really enjoyed your enthusiasm to go out and not keep cooped up in the house playing smash. Dreamland was epic. Stress less and I'll see you next time I'm up. And next time I will bring the camera.

Dino
Great catching up with you again. And no need to pay us back for taking you to the hospital, next time we will take a tv and 64 set up. I hope you recover soon. Even though you didn't play much at least it counted. next time you will need to play more. Your game I getting really good.

Tom
Great meeting you tom. Falcon pose of the year! Your brawl falcon is awesome. Falcon was a character I never took much notice of in brawl but after last week I now have kneephobia.

Leisha
What a character you are. Full of life one minute and a zombie the next. Enjoyed the matches I played with you as well. Great to see girls getting into it.

Scott
Your constantly getting better and congrats on 3rd place. I didn't get to play much against you over the weekend but what I did I enjoyed. Your always a challenge and good with so many characters.

MTR
What is it with Qld and recovery kaz combos. Epic match. I didn't get to play much against you either but it was fun just to have you there.

Jei
Didn't get to play any melee against you this time but what we played in brawl made up for it. Your one of my favourite opponents and it's great to play your many characters.

Cao
Thanks for the matches. I learned a lot just from playing a few matches against you. Good seeing you again.

Ben
That ain't falco. Always fun playing you in melée. Congrats on 4th and for taking a match off Cao. Looking forward to playing you next time.

Vyse
Great teams for melée. And nice match in the singles. If you knew how to consistantly CG I reacon I would have been screwed. We need to play some more brawl next time though.

Rune
It was great teaming in brawl. I was also surprised at how well we did. LOL at the arrow gimp though, you have to admit that was funny.

KK
Really enjoyed the friendlies we played they were all close. I look at the rankings for melée and am pretty sure I couldn't beat 1-4th but if I had a tourney match against you it couldve gone either way. Glad that didn't happen, the rankings seems acurate. Both of us at =5th

Ryan
Great playing some melée friendlies with you even though I got owned and thanks for some in game coaching when I was playing friendlies against Cao. I learned a lot and will keep working at it. Also congrats on 1st place and for beating me in PPL.

Arrow
Always fun times when your around. Goldeneye was epic and I learnt from that night and played oddjob on Monday LOL. Brawl teams were really fun as well.

Chris
Congrats on 1st chris. I didn't really get much chance to play you in anything really but the little brawl and melee we played was fun. Nice brawl Pikachu by the way. Next time I'm up We'll have to set aside time to play some brawl, melée and PPL.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
******* will win it by predicting a roll and punishing it with an F-smash.

It'll make NinjaLink proud.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
A lot of the pics I took in the venue turned out too dark.
Anyone have a way of brightening said photos up?
Or is it just bad luck?
I think I'll get a newer camera, although this one still took some decent ones.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Forgot to shout out to Bob!
You are the man, the heart of Brisbane, I wouldn't know what everyone would do without you, always picking people up and dropping them off and supplying TV's, always hosting meetings. You have my respect. You and Vyse make everything happen =)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

Lloyd Pose, awww yeah.

Thanks for all the shoutouts guys.
At the hotel, when Atilla and I blew out the candles on our cake, I likened this group of people to a 2nd family. I really do mean it too.

I put so much effort into this scene because of everything it's given to me. Even as a 14 year old smasher just starting out, players like Ken, Bomb-Soldier and PC Chris were my heroes. I had sports idols and I had a competitive game that I could strive to be great at.

If nothing else, I'd found something to drive and nurture a competitive nature, and a hobby worth devoting large amounts of my free time to.

As stressed as I get running them and as much as I'd like to tone down the amount of time I invest, I still consider this a familial duty and an honour.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I'm sure Me, Booker and Bob can help take off the stress with the whole organizing thing from here on if you want =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom