• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Max were you the guy that used link against my falcon? if so it was nice to meet you man :) and very nice matches. shame you live so far away haha (i live southern gold coast).

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
lawl Dont even play Smash and i get First in Melee Doubles. Sigh at how bad you all are =p.

But nice to meet everyone i guess. If you dont remember me i was the guy who WON Melee Doubles =D

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Sucked if all you like is ***** movies like titanic and Greese and what have you. Not if you like movies that are cheesie and made of **** (like G.I.Joe, Starship Troopers, XXX, Bad Boys 1/2) Transformers 1 (not 2 eeww)

And before anyone disses my movie liking. $20 says you can come to my house and id have almost all of your top 5 movies in my collection

Browny

Smash Hater
So um, Ill be in QLD from 30th sept till 4th october, leaving extremely early sunday morning.

Theres a chance I will have Friday or Saturday free (2nd and 3rd). I still dont know if ill be at the Gold coast or Brisbane. Anyway to get to the point, does anything happen in either of those places on fridays/saturdays with any brawl meets or anything? Ill be making plans with friends during the few days we have free but I'll be keeping in mind any possibilities of smash meets that might be going on and hopefully be able to get some time to play brawl :)

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
oh! i lost a gamecube controller extension cable on saturday. if anybody happens to have it plz let me know. it looks just like a gamecube controller chord with two purple ends to plug controller/gamecube in.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Tales from Earthsea is ****e.
Lol.

Transformers 1 is good.
Starship Troopers is HOT.
I 'think' Bad Boys was alright.

And Billy, no one plays Smash anymore, lol, I don't know what you're on.

You don't have bad taste in movies.
Just GI Joe, lol.
It wasn't 'that' bad, I just didn't like it.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
lol falcon is like the easiest character to combo in the game + has the ****tiest priority on all his moves. If it werent for his speed and combo's he'd be ****ttt.

But link is kind of easy to combo with falcon. and camping isnt hard for me to get around because i practice against chrises young link. the campiest camper that every camped.

maybe i should try playing another character... but i wanna take falcon all the way to finals :( my mindgames just arent good enough against some players.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
lol, I was watching that at work the other day. I also found that other video you were talking about with PC and Mango re-enacting a team combo.

Also <3 Shoutouts, but I'm too busy to write any atm :(
You all know that I wub you guys :)

Thanks for making it a great tournament at any rate. It was good to see everyone again, many props to the sunshine coast boys for making the trip and to Kas for winning when he can be bothered to. lol.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I'll do shout-outs later as well, I was really pleased with the turn out as well =)

On other news I ***** Rocko in smash today, that is all.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
zzz rob just wasn't hitting his combos that day

btw my doc mario is pretty campy.. 2 bad it sucks XD

so lazy to do shouutouts.. gonna play some tf2.. anyone? wanna go

btw pi is < pie , wasted my life watching that -,-

probably gonna make a brawl combo video...(brawl footage with music... pretty much) look out for it mainly for the lolz

Sieg

Smash Champion
So what's the deal coming up?

We got Gencon and Animania coming up in 4 weeks, who's going to what?

Gencon seems to have their Melee tourney set on the Friday, dunno if Antho set it up like that or if LS guys did it without asking him lol.

Animania has their own Melee run tournament, but it's a pretty big lolfest. 4x damage Jungle Japes FFA Star Wand and Baseball Bat.

Where's my No items Fox only Final Destination lol.

I'll prolly be heading to Animania anyway just because I'd rather be there then at crappy LAN and I can't get the Friday off just to fail at Smash.

Come beat some noobs in FFA all lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've been in contact with Louis from Animania, and I'm gonna take it over again.
Brawl, double elim, items on low, neutrals.

Dunno about GenCon. Been asking about it on LanSmash.
We'll see how that goes.

EDIT: Ah, just checked it out.
Yeah, that musta been LanSmash's scheduling.

Might be for the best since Saturday conflicts with Animania and Sunday might not attract much people (Who knows).

At least it's in the evening. I can finish work and organise getting there early.

Browny

Smash Hater
omg I played animania rules melee last week at uni games club. Its so dumb haha

I picked jiggs and only spammed rest/items. I came 2nd :p

Sieg

Smash Champion
Why are you changing Animania rules.

I ****ing love them.

Don't touch them you evil betrayer.

Viva la Melee el es Diablo!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@DJ:
lol!

Well, it's gonna be pretty nub, but I'm gonna put up some half decent rules (including items on low), so it should be okay.

I'm just using the rules that I used last year. Should be great.
Will extend stages past neutrals though.

I'll just leave off the stages that can and will gay you.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Why do you always destroy a good tournament.

Dammit, why can't you leave FFA ALONE.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
My goal with Animania has always been to introduce people to the competitive scene. I'm gonna be handing out tons of flyers and stuff like last time. It's still lots of fun, even if it's not FFA.

BUT, it's a sound concern that I'm happy enough to oblige. We may as well run a fun FFA tournament and a 'Pro' Double Elim Items 1v1 Tournament Bracket. I'm sure an FFA, single elim tournament wouldn't take too long. Gets people in and out, and I get to hand them my flyers.

EDIT: Anyway, it'd be better to continue this discussion in the GenCon/Animania/LanSmash thread.

Browny

Smash Hater
So um, Ill be in QLD from 30th sept till 4th october, leaving extremely early sunday morning.

Theres a chance I will have Friday or Saturday free (2nd and 3rd). I still dont know if ill be at the Gold coast or Brisbane. Anyway to get to the point, does anything happen in either of those places on fridays/saturdays with any brawl meets or anything? Ill be making plans with friends during the few days we have free but I'll be keeping in mind any possibilities of smash meets that might be going on and hopefully be able to get some time to play brawl :)
QF... something

im pretty sure ill be @ gold coast on those days

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Browny:
Hmm, soon too.

We'll see.
Add me on MSN if I don't have you and we'll see what's happening about that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom