• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrWelcome

Smash Rookie
Yeh I had to take work off for this tourney. Gives me a little longer weekend though, and Jaice I have to pick up from Uni then drive all the way back south. Lucky we are pretty keen to get some creds in the smash world. Will be bringing along 2 mates of mine aswell. Snake user and toon link user. So theres 4 confirmed from me.

Anyways back to work for me! Yay :(

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's hard to promise or deny anything because we have 7 hours and low attendance. Because of the low attendance, I want to try and cater to everyone - but that means running things at a slower pace.

I've changed my mind about how I want Melee run - check it out below.

I'll be updating the first post with the following:

@Brawl:
- Doubles will begin at 4:30PM Approx.
- Singles will begin after dinner.

@Melee:
- Singles After Brawl Singles*

*Melee is not the emphasis of this tournament, therefore, I leave it to you guys to decide what you really want to do. If somebody would like to be the Melee TO, raise your hand. Feel out what the community wants, and then run with it. If you really want to start before the end of Brawl singles, expect delays in both the Brawl and Melee running time.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
We get dinner? *_*
Whats there to eat around the venue? btw its the same place where we held QBB 2 years ago yeah? i cbf checking on google earth.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I'll will be there around 5:30ish, if anyone wants a lift lemme knoooooooow!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If we have 7 hours it would be a shame not to include both games.
1. We are talking about the smash scene

2. Nothing is starting until 4:30 and when you factor in dinner, that 7 hours drops to something like 4.5 hours

People, try to bring TV's/Setups. The likelihood of Melee getting a full run depends entirely on people bringing equipment to make sure things are knocked over quickly.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Goddammit you guys.

7 hours - ((1.5 hours we lose between 3 and 4:30 before we start Brawl Doubles) + (1 hour dinner - And believe me, saying come back in 30 minutes never ever works)) = 4.5+/- hours.

EDIT: Oh, saw your post Dif. Thanks.

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
Yeah skip the dinner allocation. It is not like we are doing strenuous activity whereby we must refuel with a full meal.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Allocating time for food is actually one of the most important nuances of tournaments.

If I schedule one hour for food, then I also expect people not to leave for food til that hour. There's nothing worse than having a bracket held up by somebody going for food, and them not returning for half an hour. This happened at Tempest, and at SQUAT, and at AutumnLan last year and pretty much every tournament ever.

It's not a strenuous activity. But people still need to eat. WANT to eat. And they will, and there's nothing I can do about it besides advising them when to go.

And ideally Jaice, I'd do exactly as you suggest, but yeah, eating is almost synonymous with the smash scene in general.

Maybe I'll organise a barbeque.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Is there a chance that someone from the north side can house me for the night? I'm visiting my parents the following day in sunshine coast so I would much appreciate it.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Morgan doesn't bite.
Hahaha. I would Nick if you actually lived in Northside.

Pantsmann: On Friday night after the tournament. I dunno if it's even possible to get to North Brisbane late at night X_X

Arrow: Yea you're probs right. Don't check my events enough. Plus DJ was probs cbf at that stage. It was the same night as unilan yea? Oh well next time. Was it full of win?

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i have a change of plan. I'm no longer going to merchant of venice. Got smashings happening through the week and so GC is now too much effort. If you can get to the city on friday night i can probably host you that night Cal. You'd probably be able to catch a train from Helensvale to the city late that night.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I lost it on the bus, so hopefully it's okay.

If anybody needs to contact me, do it via Private Messages. I'm here 39 hours a day, so I'll almost always get to it quickly.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
i have a change of plan. I'm no longer going to merchant of venice. Got smashings happening through the week and so GC is now too much effort. If you can get to the city on friday night i can probably host you that night Cal. You'd probably be able to catch a train from Helensvale to the city late that night.
Ok got it. Can I have your number so I can contact you that day/night?

Sirias

Smash Champion
New guys posting stfu about changing anything.
Jeez, don't you guys know anything about 'knowing your place'?
c:

Scott I'll grab a ride with you, mayhaps, bra.

I can't get the music from Inception out of my head.
HANS ZIMMER!!!~~~!!!!~!~~!!~!~!~!~~! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom