• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Is that what you've been playing?

Good game, but **** getting 100% trophies lol. Only fun playin that game co-op.
which game were you referring to? Assuming re5 since you mentioned co-op.
I've done all of the story mode + bonus chapters on every difficulty including professional, the only trophies I'm missing are 2 online that involve teams. I've given up trying to get them because people just quit the session before the games end if they're losing.. lame.

Oh and I'm doing impossible mode on dead space atm, lol.

Popdart

Smash Cadet
Lol Impossible mode on dead space is super easy. Hard-core on dead space 2 is only slightly harder but that's because you're only allowed 3 saves.

I agree Syke. Games are no longer difficult.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
When games are toooo hard they arent fun though.
Metroid II is about as hard a game as i can take after that they just feel like more work then fun.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Lol Impossible mode on dead space is super easy. Hard-core on dead space 2 is only slightly harder but that's because you're only allowed 3 saves.

I agree Syke. Games are no longer difficult.
*cough* Demon Souls *cough*

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
**** I guess you guys are just 2g then >.>

edit:

fixed

I agree Syke. Games are no longer difficult when you can look up walkthroughs.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I played battletoads growing up, when i played it recently i just found it more boring then hard though. However the nostalgia was still nice.

A remake would be terrible... what are you thinking

Sirias

Smash Champion
I played Demon Souls and it wasn't 'hard' it was, as Zac put it, boring.
You just have to dodge every second and attack and you'll get through everything.
Half of it is learning through dying from events you had no idea were coming, that's not hard, that's just ********.
If you have no way to GROW into the event then you just get FRUSTRATED.
Fools.

Edit:

IWBTG is rather hard.
Super Meat Boy only gets hard in the latter levels.
Other than that... Most hard games are the old ones.
I s'pose challenging these days are multi-player games, weee~

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
original battle toads on the NES.

game was so stupid ****ing hard.

but SO GOOD! dunno what you're on about J-birds.

NES games are pretty much the definition of difficult. Even ****ing Kid Icarus was hard.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
**** Uni ****.

Will hammer out the schedule tomorrow. Small edits in the OP, but nothing with the schedule yet.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
so whats happening? Saturday only?

also zydro pm your address.

there are plently of hard games.. and u can always make them harder for yourself...
also games r 4 kids these days... **** nintendogs is hard.

tigerDORF

Smash Cadet
Better be some melee.
Theres gonna be some Tiger Maulings, wait n see.

Ill go to footy with you on Saturday night if you want Sea.
Assuming Melee is over by then.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Of course it'll be melee and brawl. I think ill run the schedule like smash play. Melee dubs then brawl dubs. Then melee singles followed by a staggered brawl start followed by a staggered low tier brawl start.

Or we could drop melee doubles. Or we could do melee singles during brawl doubles, then swap. Ideas?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Most games these days are easy unless you make them hard for yourself. Fire Emblem on hardest mode and don't lose a single unit the whole play through is pretty difficult.

Just so long as Brawl starts early enough to play all the way through that's fine. Nothing wrong with running low tier during melee in the morning too.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Just do 1 game at a time so we dont have to swap the games around on the setups.
Melee then Brawl.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Can we get an actual start time for brawl, because I might stay at home until the tourney starts. Unless there is something that will bait me out of my cave.

Blade, we are teaming again mate. The new players that were coming along are going to supernova instead.

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
R4VEN are we teaming together again for this tournament? This time I can help you regain the money I took off you during our last MM. Toki, Tiahn wants to be your teammate again.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
I think I'll be going to Supernova at Sunday with my friend <3

I could either wear some random high school uniform and say im this dude/NPC from some romance/slice of life anime.

Or wear my pikachu hat and Tokidance all over the place.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I dressed up as goku and my mate dressed up as vegeta a couple of years ago, we did the fusion dance on stage in the kamehameha contest.. but came 2nd to some douchebag dressed up as duffman *facepalm*

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Considering everything, I think I'm just gonna have to do things Smashplay style.

Straight up Melee Doubles - Brawl Doubles - Melee Singles - Brawl Singles - Low Tier Side Event while Brawl singles finishes

Don't forget Matt, things kick off at 10:30 rather than 1:00pm like we're used to at the Helensvale venue.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Don't forget Matt, things kick off at 10:30 rather than 1:00pm like we're used to at the Helensvale venue.
I realise this, however I know not only me, but Jaice too won't want to get there at 10:30 and sit around for 3 hours before we compete in anything. We tried playing in melee doubles at last smashplay to pass the time, but we got pretty bored and forfeited.

Any chance of an estimated start time for brawl doubles?

Edit: Also I received a mailout from you Vyse, and the dates etc on the poster are for Tpoo. Was there meant to be one sent out for this tourney instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom