• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea dif, they're only restricted to one console. But it's no different from buying a game for that one console.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Me vs Dif is yuck
Once i lose the momentum in fox dittos i just play terribly and give up

The other setup was recording as well right, whos channel will those matches be on.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
yea j-birds you were playing really well at the start.

Just need to scrub those mistakes out and your fox will be pretty damn solid. I'll help you scrub out those mistakes through harsh punishment <3.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Can someone post up results plzz? :3

EDIT: I mean Meree results. Realised Oldman posted up Brawl results already.

Btw I'm sadface over missing brawl low tier tourney

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I repped that bower for you.

I'll put up results when I can. Maybe tonight but tomorrow night at the latest.

tigerDORF

Smash Cadet
16th would be good Dif.
The sooner the better :)

Hmmm, anyone interested in having HotCats again?
Just to make use of that smexy banner Vyse made....;)

Did anyone actually check out the Mt Gravatt Hall....?
Ill do it if I have to.
Very central location.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Mt Grav will cost about $160ish for 10 hours. I'll get around to calling them up sometime tomorrow.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
As in, did they indicate anything when you got the price? (This is assuming you were quoted the price or something and have spoken to them).

Also train johns for not editing my post.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
so much monies T_T you should all just man up and come northside. it's cheaper. although if people don't mind paying more for venue then power of science can easily move elsewhere (that's if scott doesn't decide to restart hotcats monthlies making PoS obsolete).

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I contacted Mt Gravatt mid-late last year and from what i understood is that its pretty busy and hard to get a booking.

PoS location is fine for Brisbane peeps but difficult for GC people obviously, though Ryan and Rob made it last time so if the interest is there the extra 30 minutes shouldnt be a big deal.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
well now i have zydro's tv that means we have THREE WOO. also if other people bring theirs that'd be good >_>
i plan to get 2 tvs off bob sometime so hopefully i can make 5 tvs by next PoS without the need of anybody else but that's not guaranteed.

so from the feedback looks like i'll go book the 16th for PoS if scott doesn't get mt gravatt.
edit: how many people are looking like they wouldn't be able to make the 16th due to uni/other bs?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
well now i have zydro's tv that means we have THREE WOO. also if other people bring theirs that'd be good >_>
i plan to get 2 tvs off bob sometime so hopefully i can make 5 tvs by next PoS without the need of anybody else but that's not guaranteed.

so from the feedback looks like i'll go book the 16th for PoS if scott doesn't get mt gravatt.
edit: how many people are looking like they wouldn't be able to make the 16th due to uni/other bs?
Of this month? Me because I need to help parents move house. Soz bro.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
There isn't one atm, bar lansmash. I won't be looking into a new date for smashplay til next week at the earliest. And if I'm to organise something, it won't be for at least a month since I have a driving exam and moving house twice (my parents and myself after).

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Hmmm. Is anyone able to host a meet anytime soon? By the looks of things Brawl won't see any action for a while, also Ben and Rob won't be at PoS D:

Remastered

Smash Lord
I might start looking at venues to run brawl only tournies once a qtr, just as a fall back plan. If I can find somewhere affordable and central to everyone I'll post the details on here.

It's upto you Vyse, but if I can find a venue between the Gold Coast and Brisbane I would be happy to run the monthlies and leave the lansmash to you. That would leave you with a bit more time for work etc. I'll look for a venue for starters, and would be happy to run melee along with brawl if a venue works out and you're happy with that. Around where I live is the closest thing to central all the smashers will get I think too.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
April 29th = Get keys to new house.
April 30th = Animania

Well I'm screwed.

Just putting it out there now that I need somebody to step up and run a tournament for me at Animania. However I'm not really holding my breath. It's not particularly worth our time. They might just set up Brawl themselves anyway.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
what a conundrum, ben and rob can't make the 23rd, but 16th is uni death weekend... WHAT DO

also if we do something at animania we should do a general smash stand not just brawl. some people might be drawn in if they can nostalgia over ssb64. that's how i searched out the QLD smash scene in 09. played some ssb64 at uni and was like "omg, i should get back into smash."

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
what a conundrum, ben and rob can't make the 23rd, but 16th is uni death weekend... WHAT DO

also if we do something at animania we should do a general smash stand not just brawl. some people might be drawn in if they can nostalgia over ssb64. that's how i searched out the QLD smash scene in 09. played some ssb64 at uni and was like "omg, i should get back into smash."
Might be an idea. I've found for the most part, it was groups of people just wanting to sit down and play Brawl together. If you're interested in covering for me, I can get you in contact with the people who run it and explain what's going to happen. I don't think the lack of a tournament will concern them too much. Just that we're providing for the games area would be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom