• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i was a bit worried about that. it seems like a lot of effort and we don't really keep anybody from these things do we? better to put the effort into funding uber, kami, and rueben to get to tournaments XD

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
i was a bit worried about that. it seems like a lot of effort and we don't really keep anybody from these things do we? better to put the effort into funding uber, kami, and rueben to get to tournaments XD
This is the same epiphany I had when talking to Cao at Bob's old place.
We have to have a stable base before we start telling people to join.

It's like opening a really crappy bar with video games and telling people to come, except the bar sucks.

Oh.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I think most of the upcoming weeks are always going to be awkward to someone regarding uni or whatnot so just pick a date that suits you best to organise it.

tigerDORF

Smash Cadet
so much monies T_T you should all just man up and come northside. it's cheaper. .
I have to cheat death every time I come northside.
Not even joking.
The roads have more holes than the Gold Coast Suns defence and lanes just appear and disapear at will.
Northside: Under Construction - come back in 10 years.
Some of the people are OK though. :)
Need to holler out the window at more "melee players" that walk past tournament venue. See what happens.

Ya ya I have 2 TVs, can bring them at the next thing and you can keep em Dif.
Arrows Science vs Art name idea is good...

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
northside isn't that bad. just stick to the right-most lane and everything is fine. srsly. coming from the city and going back into the city just stick to rightmost lane and you won't have to do anything to get to important northside places.

oh, can't do PoS on 16th cause of other bs. so it'll be 23rd unless otherwise mentioned. might do a friday 15th night meet at my place to make up for it.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
depends can get heated if we talk about crap.
jesmo (winner of brawl) + cal (apparently should be on pr)
lost to me (barely on pr due to people leaving) and DJCAT (not on pr, doesn't even play brawl)

cal should be on pr? pretty sure jesmo was carrying that team.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
lost to me (barely on pr due to people leaving) and DJCAT (not on pr, doesn't even play brawl)

Pretty sure you took us to Port Town (isn't that stage illegal???) and we were both playing dumb. I know we don't work well together in teams but I do pull my weight and do things properly with other people.

Sure I've still got to prove myself in brawl and as far as melee is concerned I feel as though I can beat you now, as long as I don't make a massive meal.

You underestimate me too much Arrow.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
yeah. now he plays ZSS which loses to my ike <3

i'd bet money on cal to beat arrow if they came up against each other in melee now. no offence to arrow, it's just that cal's gotten heaps better lately.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman

Are doubles taken into consideration in the power ranking? Nah.

Doubles arrow... geez. Does anyone actually give 100% in doubles (Unless at a major if the money's worth the effort)? To me, i see doubles as a warm up for singles.

You're ahead of cal on the pr, why are you complaining? Also, Bob isn't an active brawl player so there you go.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Toki and I played random except matches against Jaice and Kaion at last tourney. Doubles without money is so dumb.

Jaice and Jesmo are teaming at the next lansmash so it's gonna be hell gay for every other team.

I got your PM too Zydron ;)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Gayest team would be cal and jaice going wario olimar.

Passed my driving exam today. So I'm pretty set now. Just gotta wait a couple weekends to move in to my new place.

tigerDORF

Smash Cadet
northside isn't that bad. just stick to the right-most lane and everything is fine. srsly. coming from the city and going back into the city just stick to rightmost lane and you won't have to do anything to get to important northside places.
Are you Overtaking the WHOLE time?
Woman Drivers should have to display "W" Plates
Asian Drivers should have to display "A" Plates

****ing hate the lack or respect doubles gets.
It should be considered too.
Singles is too boring to play so I just give it all in doubles.
Also the fact that people need money to give it a go is pretty pathetic.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I enjoy playing doubles more than singles, more stuff going on makes it more fun. Should do an ACL and have 100-0 doubles pot payout.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman

Pathetic? lol, nice word choice there bud.. obviously directed at me. I never said doubles wasn't fun. It's great, otherwise why would i enter doubles? I just cbf trying. You don't really get many accolades for doing well in doubles. Questions like was that person carrying that person? arise. I enjoy singles. Personal preference and more challenging for me. Everyone's entitled to an opinion though. And yeh, i don't give any respect to doubles. Never have, never will.

Correlating driving ability to race is pretty silly. You may possibly have more bad asian drivers than good ones but branding them all bad cos of their race is quite pathetic. Even if you intended it to be humourous, it was poor form.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
alright then, stick to SECOND-MOST-RIGHT LANE. that works too. only left lane really disappears often and that's the same everywhere really. you just bad at finding places that aren't southside.

doubles defs needs more love. next PoS doubles will have pot singles will be free.

edit: i carry ben in doubles. true fact.

also next PoS will have blazblue side event

tigerDORF

Smash Cadet
Hehe, not so quiet now.

I mean in general,not just doubles, people need money to turn up.
Look at all the good players not turning up for singles just cause money isnt involved.
No one seems to see the incentive of just winning as good enough.

I see eveyone hates me.
Nothing changed then.

Everyone will get over MvC like it seems they got over Street Fighter when the next thing comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom