• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| | [Qld CoK Thread] - Smash Talking's etc | |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shukudai

Smash Apprentice
GTR - yes, i know about wiggling out of airstun, but not fast enough to escape from things like dthrow, utilt, shffl bair (consistently?). i've seen heaps of pro vids do exactly the same in and out of tournament.

moreover, if you can wiggle out fast enough, i don't see why people don't escape from things like ken's monstrous chaingrabs?

King Kong

Smash Lord
I just speak fact and truth, whether or not it offends people I don't really care.

pffftt.... nobody has even scratched the surface of this game yet. Have you seen what the U.S pro players are doing at the moment? Vidjos metanight is amazing to say the least.

There is so much more creativity in Brawl. Melee was just recycling the same tactics over and over, If you dont want to play, then dont, its your loss.

Juggy why do you say this game is all about camping and shield grabbing? I have found multiple ways to try and get around it using just DK and Diddy. Jeez.

Brawl ftw

peace out

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Lol Zac

Just because you can't be bothered to give Brawl the time of day doesn't mean you have to bring your hatin' up in here.

GTFO if you don't want to play....

I think you don't like it because you aren't as good at it as you were melee. Every time I killed you, you gave one of the following responses:

"What!?!? Bull****"

"This game is SOOOO bad"

"Its soooo slow"

"This game is ****"

Brawl is fun and it has only been out for 3 months.

Contribute positively or STFU.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I didn't want to play, I was just trying to amuse you. I did give brawl time, I gave it about a month, it got worse during that time. If you like it so much then have a tourney or hold bi-weekly's. Don't say your having one soon, because that had nothing to do with you, it's only because they have the room to do it and all you have to do is turn up. This place has gone to **** since I left and you know it.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I like people that argue. It's always fun to read.
BUT TOAI! Sif say 'K*******'. :c You hurt my feelings. </3 <33
Still wub.

Brawl is slow, and I think Brawl is 'more' mind-game oriented. But that's only for now, anyway, yeah, as far as we know there could be new things (I wouldn't expect too many new things) to speed it up a bit.
There are combos in Brawl you can't get out of. Like TL's BAIR combo (I HATE YOU BEN! HATE THAT COMBO! GAH!) which is super gay.
And Ken is gay. People that chain grab are gay. It's so gay. SO gay. Gayer than shine-spiking imo.
I find shine-spiking sexy and cute, for some reason, I've no idea.

I would LIKE to play Brawl, if only I freakin had it, because even though I want to, I really don't wanna bother going to someone's house (even Ben's who's like... 10 minutes away *lol wtf*).
I wonder if I can still beat level 9 Peach. o:

Anyway.
Cry more, everyone, seriously.
Stop getting so upset about this game, honestly. It's a freakin game. Why do you have to bother flaming about something like that? You're only proving that you're too obsessed with it if you are.
And no, I'm not trying to flame or insult, or though that was insulting ( XD ) but really... just let it go.

I like Melee.
And I MIGHT get to like Brawl as much as Melee but I find it highly unlikely because I like the fast-paced-ness of Melee.
If by some miracle someone finds a way to make Brawl as fast as Melee (by that I guess wavedashing since that's really the only thing that pretty much sped it up) then I'll play Brawl hardcore. c:
Till then...
WOLF IS SEXY.
FOX (in Melee) IS SEXY!!

Btw, who does who play now?
I take it Josh plays DK and Diddy.
Ben, you still play TL?
And Andy still playing Lucario, ya? c:
No one's playing Wolf, right?
HOW ABOUT, whoever's playing Wolf... will have to play me with Wolf and beat me (lol not that that would be hard) and then you can play Wolf. If (by some miracle) I win then you have to stop using him.
HO HO! Sounds good.
Actually, no. But I still want to have the best Wolf anyway.
And Fox.
So I should probably play.
c:

Yay big post. c:

Edit:

For some reason I agree with Zac. It's not the same without him hosting and being there and everything. Even with all his strange-ness and gay-ness he still helped quite a bit with the QLD scene...
But that doesn't mean that the QLD scene can't still come up again.
I just guess Zac (and maybe myself) won't really be in it that much. :c
At least not for Brawl. Hopefully Melee will still be alive (somehow) but even then I probably wouldn't play in too many Tournaments or anything (if any are going to be held).

I only like Friendlies anyway.
It's the best way to play, for me at least.
Not taking anything too seriously.
At least not game-related.

Sloth

Smash Ace
lol@all this anger.
After playing at RAMBO.. people were sad.
No one wanted to watch brawl games. Everyone crowded around melee games tho.
Metaknight is complete hacks and is overpowered beyond comprehension.

I also was far out of practice and my only decent win was against CATS. Plus just tonight I realized how awesome Mr Game&Watch truly is and have decided he will be my main.

Moral of the story tho: Brawl sucks. Most of the people I talked to want to go back to melee, but all the future scene (+ money) will be with brawl. Its the way of the future, a highly dull one.

But no point really complaining about it any more. We all know its bad.
So lets get as humanly good at brawl as possible so we can steal randoms moneys . kgo.

Shukudai

Smash Apprentice
WRT the new DDR cabs, try not to stomp the **** out of it, it took us forever to get em.

Unlock codes have also been entered in the SN2 cab at Replay in the city as of last week, although the unlocked tracks aren't that good.

Triss

Smash Journeyman
hey guys hows it goen.

ahh just a heads up incase you want to buy the ntsc brawl. theirs 10 copies of brawl at the hyperdome gametraders this week..... well theirs only 9 now because i've preordered it. there getting them in 2morrow.... that being tuesday the 29th of april.

itll cost about $135 dollars all up ($99 for brawl and $36 for the freeloader) or something really close to that.

yeah totally...

catchas round

Sirias

Smash Champion
YES!!!
YESSSS!!!!!!!
DEE DEE FKIN AARRR!!!!!!!!!!!

I played some of the new ones at Chermside (went there some time ago).
Man... I so like that new Max 300 song. It's such a sexy beat. <3
But the difficulty on it is set to 7 or something, and the judge is pretty harsh. =/ So I failed it on Heavy. :c
Hah! But in the City one I finished doing Afronova, Rhythm and Police, Healing Vision Angelic Mix, A (Oni), Dead End, Drop Out and Exotic Ethnic all Heavy on 20%. I was so proud of myself for doing all of them in 1 day. c: Except I think there was a 2 hour gap between them. C:
And then I tried Max 300 and couldn't even get past the first... really quick part. So I still suck. :C
I have to go to City and play new ones on the new Supanova 2. It's so sexy. And shiny. And Emi is called Jenny now wtf.

Melee is kool.
Brawl is kool.
Brawl is fun.
Melee is funner.

I know! The way to let it go is to... BURN ALL GAMECUBES AND MELEE COPIES! C: K.

Edit:

Wow... I really suck at English these days.
Funner.
It is a sexy beat.
Really quick part.
I can't think anymore, lul. Just need to play... MIDNIGHT TUNE YEAH. =/

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I can no bar max 300, paranoia and lom in 1 game now <3 Though I get c's/d's XD The life judge is easy but the timing thingy is about as hard as upstairs, got 29 greats on magic door and still only got an A >_> But can do the super max me mix oni and can get up to the death run on paranoia 290 oni but always too tired to do it cause I try to double step it. lom without jumps or freezes is epic, there's nothing happening except for 1 or 2 triples every 10 seconds, then the death run comes in >_> It's only like 250 steps without jumps.

NG7

Smash Lord
Yea it's on the corner of Adelaide and Hungry Jacks Street. Haven't had the chance to go there yet.

It's open? A week ago they were still building stuff lol.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I was in the city today how did I not see the Krispy Kreme....

Not fair...

Game Cube burning ritual, with face paint and psychedelics and fire and sacrificing a virgin (Zac).

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol, yeah, donuts aren't really that awesome-core. They're pretty good, though. Don't really like donuts in general. :c
Still, I want to try all (or most) of their donuts. c:

What'll be the general face painted look? Completely white? c: Lots of lasers too, would be good. A nice bonfire, ya.
Mmmm, protective gear I'd think, too.

I might give my GCN to Cash Converters, lol.
"How much?"
"Sorry, these things are too old and suck too much cok. c: Plz gtfo."
"Okay. <3"

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
ahaha u cute krispy kreme noobs

u have to be a real fan of donuts to enjoy anything other than their original glazed donuts.
imo the only good thing that comes out of kk is the original glaze and their bad-a$$ shakes with malt

ps. i dont know how i lived my life without ddr. bryce = god

kupo

Smash Lord
WTB Sloth back in Melb. QQ >_<. One less person to make fun of =(.

****..sounds like QLD > Vic when it comes to ddr...*shakes fist!*

See you in 3 months :p (thats when i'll actually beat Bryce) =D

/Game on!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Just wait till TM comes back from Germany so we can all practice together to match up to her leetness

Sirias

Smash Champion
FOCK YEAH!!! D: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

WE RAEP YOU ALL IN THE ANOOS! D: <

Well me and Zac anyway. c:

Bryce hurry up and get baaack! It's 1 hour into the 30th! D: <
YOU SAID YOU WAS GONNA BE HERE 29th GRR!!!

Triss

Smash Journeyman
lotsa luv to jugsy^^

and yeah we woulda done well at rambo i think...

getting brawl 2night^^ or 2morrow night^^ oooo yeah=D

also... can ntsc american version wifi with *** version?

Sirias

Smash Champion
Stop saying that evil word to describe Japanese FFS! D: <

Yeah, we would have pwned, as usual. c:
Because we are pro from beginning.
Always and forever.
And we are slack, that's what being a QLDer is all about, yarly.

Well if we're slack why doesn't someone organise a massive meet or something, then.
And wtf is that smell of chlorine. =/

Brrryyyce...
I'm gonna be in the City on Friday - 1 PM to whenever. Come then, kgo.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Yeah, we would of probably taken RAMBO and smashed it right in the face.
Brawl requires no skill, so its anyones game. But it was a kinda wtfrandom tournament that wasn't designed to show who was the best.

So it was extremely gimp in that way. Hence why I just mucked about.
But now I play broken watch, so I would win easy mode. Unless they chose metaknight. freakin imbalances.

I'll see you on Friday then Kassy <3 I need to meet up with Scrubs either Fri/Sat/Sun too. So Yeah!
JUGGY COME TO CITY !! LET ME LOVE YOU !!! I MISSSSSSSSSSSS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

Anyways, catchya for now. net cafes fail at life.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
I'll be in city Saturday with school friends.

I have also decided to start shuffling to get fit LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Wonder how that will work.

NG7

Smash Lord
I have a craving for donuts. Fark.

Edit: Also guys what do you think about making an appearance at lansmash? Who's interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom