• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] LanSmash thread | Easter LS 2013 (6th/7th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for very late notice... just returned to Brisbane.
Planning to come on Sunday... Haven't been on the scene for at least a year iirc... let's see how this goes...

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I'll run Project M if no one else does and bring setups for it. I'll probably only be there on Saturday since I'll be carpooling with a couple of friends and they can't stick around for Sunday.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Melee singles last few results that weren't recorded on tio:
LQ:
Dif
Uber

LS:
Jbirds
Uber

LF:
Puppy
Jbirds

WF and GF:
Syke
Puppy

WINNA:
Soike

Vids coming soon

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
dean taught me a trick on how to get youtube uploads to work better, but now i can't remember it. got something to do with converting before uploading to youtube so youtube doesn't have to do anythign to the file.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Don't know why youtube's being such a pain (I blame Google...)
If I uploaded the exact same file to facebook or something the video would come out fine...

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Marth was a bad choice , lol. My Falcon was also really sloppy. That match up is still a mystery to me. I'm probs just going to stick with Fox (even though there are so many of them in QLD) and use Marth against Falco.

Looking forward to videos so I can see how to not get gimped so hard, haha.

GGs to all. It's good to know I'll be able to go to these more regularly now.

S.D

Smash Master
Yeah, you really have to concentrate on holding centre ground and not getting lured out to the ledge when you're not in full control, it just happens sometimes......

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Ehhh...
It's been quite a while since I've uploaded any YT vids... and the site seems to have become ****ed up for me whenever I try to upload wmv files (just put them through movie maker to make them smaller)
All the videos I upload turn out like the one I posted earlier.
Any ideas how to fix this?

Remastered

Smash Lord
The good bits:

Playing Soul, and having about 8 people (new people) come and sit down wanting to learn the game.

Taking a match off Scoot when I don't actually play anymore.

Coming 3rd when I don't actually play anymore.

Watching BC and Zydro's improvement and hard work starting to pay off.

The Bad:

SD's omfgwtfwhyamIsobad. I even SD'd 3 stocks in a row in doubles, including taking one of BC's stocks, and SD'ing that one too.

Soooooo tired by the time I got to losers finals.

Jesmo going Yoshi. I was hoping the our match would wake me up for the second match against Scoot, instead it just put me in an even more cbf mood.

Otherwise, was a great weekend, thanks all.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
puppys entire game revolves around trying to dash dance and bait an opponents attack.. except so many times he dash dances to the ledge and I just sit ther going huehuehuehuehue
Yeah this is true lol. That sword/grab scares me too much so I run into a bad position and get destroyed because of it. I think my lasering could use a lot of work too. I guess it's time to get more experience in the match up instead of being capricious with character choice.

swordsaint

Smash Master
The good bits:

Playing Soul, and having about 8 people (new people) come and sit down wanting to learn the game.

Taking a match off Scoot when I don't actually play anymore.

Coming 3rd when I don't actually play anymore.

Watching BC and Zydro's improvement and hard work starting to pay off.

The Bad:

SD's omfgwtfwhyamIsobad. I even SD'd 3 stocks in a row in doubles, including taking one of BC's stocks, and SD'ing that one too.

Soooooo tired by the time I got to losers finals.

Jesmo going Yoshi. I was hoping the our match would wake me up for the second match against Scoot, instead it just put me in an even more cbf mood.

Otherwise, was a great weekend, thanks all.
It was really really gay. I will never, ever let a Metaknight get a lead on Battlefield again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom