• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
we still have more snakes that mks.. but both arrow and j-birds have been pulling out their scrub mk's at tourneys now.. guess they needed to move up the tier list

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
That was a lot to go through. Vyse I know I beat you and all but I gotta consistantly place like that to be PR material. Also as J-birds said, I need to beat Snakes or I'm going to be held back from improving.

I also agree with Doubles PR. DOUBLE RAINBOW ALL THE WAY.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I can vouch for that, ranga's been waiting 6 months to return to the tournament scene and unleash his reformed playstyle upon QLD. He will change the metagame of brawl I'm sure of it.

Remastered

Smash Lord
To stir some hype for Santa and also the pending revision of the PR, I am posting my prediction of placings on both the tournament and the PR and reasons why.

I am only including the names of the people I know are attending, for obvious reasons.

Santasmash placings:
1. Toki (Assuming he can beat Jbirds when they clash)
2. SeaDORF
3. Jbirds
4. Jaice
5. Jesmo
6. Hotdog (after 5th play-off)
7. Zues
7. Rocko
9. Arrow
9. Cal
9. R4VEN
9. Vyse
13. The rest

This is assuming Amaterasu doesn't attend. Although Toki hasn't beaten Jbirds yet, he does incredibly well against all other top players. Once he breaks the James barrier, he may well be top in QLD. (provided he never plays random again). Jesmo will place well as expected. R4VEN will do well depending on who he mains at this tournament, his Samus is amazing and runs well against the best of us, but like Jaice's Olimar, people are learning how to beat it. Cal will place well for obvious reasons, but again I think bowser is one of those characters that is odd to play against to begin with, but people are learning how to beat it too well (play Wario). I'm not going to place myself for the tournament either.

PR (Post Santa Smash)
1. Toki
2. Jaice/Jbirds/Sea
5. Jesmo
6. Hotdog
7. AD3PT
8. Zues
9. Rocko
10. Arrow/R4VEN

Assuming Kas and Amaterasu don't play.

Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong. Discussion......

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Rocko ***** you. Why'd you put yourself 7th on PR but not anywhere on the SantaSmash predictions? Unless you're not going =/

Toki won't come 1st at Santa.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Tournament results arn't something I wanted to make a prediction on for myself. But passed results you can. Going on last tournament, my 3rd and depending on where I come at the next one warrants around about 7th on PR. Maybe 8th.

Rocko may beat me (Last match was a time out in the 3rd round. Not exactly ****), but Zues beats Sea occasionally and Toki and I can beat Jaice. Vyse beat R4VEN. See where I'm going with this?

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Sigh Matt stop being so concerned with numbers and just focus on backing up on your last torunament placing.

Top 3 at at Santa is hard to predict, depends on bracket.
Most people have proven they cal all beat each other

dude, aussierob123. It's "AD3PT". Not "adept".

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Little predictions:
Jesmo will beat Jaice and Toki if they play at Santasmash however Jesmo will lose to Sea
Ill make top 3 if i dont verse Jaice too early in the bracket

ps
dude, aussierob123. It's "Scrub Fox". Not "j birds".

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
You're such a w@nker jbirds

Also, just a personal opinion. I say **** off the numbered power rankings and just put people in tiers (**** yeh i love tiers). No-one in qld has proven themselves as the best yet and the results are too mixed to order people by numbers.

Remastered

Smash Lord
dude, adept. It's "Zeus". Not "Zues".
Glad you knew who I was walking about to correct me :)

Sigh Matt stop being so concerned with numbers and just focus on backing up on your last torunament placing.

Top 3 at at Santa is hard to predict, depends on bracket.
Most people have proven they cal all beat each other

dude, aussierob123. It's "AD3PT". Not "adept".
It's all about the numbers. I just get pumped up thinking about the matches that will be played and how competitive it's going to be. Everyone makes assumptions of what they think will happen. I'm just posting on here for the sake of discussion and interest.

There is nothing I am more intently focusing on then getting better and doing well at the next tournament. Arn't we all trying to do that?

Little predictions:
Jesmo will beat Jaice and Toki if they play at Santasmash however Jesmo will lose to Sea
Ill make top 3 if i dont verse Jaice too early in the bracket
Good discussion.

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
Also, just a personal opinion. I say **** off the numbered power rankings and just put people in tiers (**** yeh i love tiers). No-one in qld has proven themselves as the best yet and the results are too mixed to order people by numbers.
I agree. There is not one player that is greater than the others, rather just seems good against one/two, bad against another. Scrub fox (and Blade) seem(s) to beat Toki most of the time. Toki seems to beat me most of the time. I seem to beat scrub fox most of the time. Sea just needs to play in a few more tournaments before one can say his MU's with the other two and myself, but he is definitely on the same level. In saying one beats one but loses to another, all matches are 2-1 with % always high at the end. Instead of one person drastically beating the other, it is whoever gets the good hit in at the end.

As Sea said, get rid of the numbers and design the PR with tiers instead.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I don't think that would be too hard to do either actually. Out of the matches I have played against Oldman, I think we are about even. Aswell as rocko too. I want to have a go at rocko with fox and see what happens. I have beaten his GnW with both Luigi and D3, but can't top his MK with either.

How many tiers would be in this list?

Hotdog

Smash Lord
We'll see how you place on the PR Ad3pt, but don't get your hopes up too high, one 3rd and consistent 7th(easy to achieve when there's low tournies numbers) is nothing too special. Santasmash will be the biggest influence on your PR ranking, so better train up ;)

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Cause, there was a lack of players, we barely had enough (good) players to make 10 so we had to chuck in anyone =P

Toki wasn't as good as he was now, back then the Dorf's didn't even take smash too seriously till recently and now we have a huge influx of new players who are getting better. The oldies have also stepped up their game, so it's making it harder to decided PR placing.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
If it's tiers, i rekon it's something kinda like this. Sorry if i've missed people. Sorted alphabetically. Imo, S & A tiers are close but they are separated because jbirds and toki only lose to one other person. Jbirds to jaice and toki to jbirds whereas members of A tier lose to more than 1 person. Red means inactive. For Ben, he's active but i'm not sure if he really gives 2 ****s about brawl but he's still good so he should be in there.

God tier: Amaterasu (i'm not giving up hope. He'll come back one day)

S Tier: Jbirds, Toki

A Tier: Hotdog, Jaice, Jesmo, seaDORF

B Tier: AD3PT, Kas, oldmanDORF, Rocko, Scrubs, Vyse

C Tier: Arrow, Calibur, Kaion

D Tier: Popdart, Testikills, new guys

santasmash will be a good indicator. What do people think of that? Be good to see some discussion on where people are at. I feel like a **** taking it this seriously by posting my opinion but QLD brawl is ****ing awful and the only way we can get better is by being more competitive.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I think once Kaion finds a solid main he will be atleast B tier. I would change this a little, a couple up and down, but all-in-all it looks pretty accurate. I think Popdart is fast growing the potential to be a little higher, and I think scrubs belongs higher he just needs to play more.

S Tier: Jbirds, Toki

A Tier: Hotdog, Jaice, Jesmo, seaDORF

B Tier: AD3PT, Arrow, Kas, oldmanDORF, Rocko

C Tier: Calibur, Kaion, Scrubs, Vyse

D Tier: Blade, Popdart, Testikills, Tiahn, Others

IMO

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
haven't lost to cal ever in a tourny. beat rocko last time i vsed him :/
also beat vyse last time.
drop vyse and rocko down and cal down. tiahn D with cal. hotdog down to B

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Arrow, I know I lose to you but I can beat vyse and although I haven't beat rocko, I've come close. Doesn't really matter though cause I would be king of D tier if I was to be placed there. lololol.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
lol @ dropping rocko down
vyse is legit... defs higher then arrow

lol cal tiahn beats you though... sigh

D tier is too low and not worthy of being ranked

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
Again, the idea of J-birds > Toki, Toki > Me, Me > J-birds is not true. Sure tournament results show more wins against each respective opponent, however these results do not show damage % at the end of matches. I am not sure about J-birds vs Toki, but my matches against J-birds and Toki are equally as close. IMO J-birds = Toki = Me = seaDORF. S tier is warranted to people who easily beat the rest of the players, like MK in relation to the character Tier list. For instance, in the past, Chris being S tier would have been warranted as he came first for two years straight from what I recall.

Excluding inactive people, the tier list IMO should look like this (alphabetical ordering):

S Tier: (No-one for a while, unless if Chris returns and three stocks everyone on every one of his matches).

A Tier: Jaice, Jbirds, seaDORF, Toki.

B Tier: Hotdog.

C Tier: AD3PT, oldmanDORF, Rocko, Vyse.

D Tier: Arrow.

E Tier: Cal, Tiahn.

I would like to make note that the PR criteria does state that rankings do not take into consideration character handicaps of any sort (tier placing in relation to opponent character). Toki did place last in the most recent tournament when using 'Random' and a few tournaments back, Jbirds (from what I recall) didn't do too well when he used PT. Are these results being ignored or adjusted because of the characters they used? - they said/indicated they weren't trying? If so, shouldn't both myself and seaDORF - for those who argue Marth < Diddy Kong, Marth is arguably the best character when MK is banned/not used - be acknowledged and lifted on the rankings for using worse characters in the majority of matches against Jbirds and Toki?

With how close the matches are between the people listed in the A tier position of this post (along with past, recent, tournament results), I don't believe placing Jbirds and Toki higher than seaDORF and myself is justified.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
just interjecting here, yes its true that characters arent/shouldnt be taken into consideration for the most part not.

however the thing that sets a power rankings apart from normal rankings is that there is a panel that interprets the data and makes a list based on their thinking.

to put it simply, its not simply straight data or results, its data/results put into perspective
so whilst characters shouldnt make a difference, there are certain situations where they do and thats where the human perspective element comes into it.

for example, toki uses marth and hotdogs uses kirby, but hotdogs doesnt get any boost or bonus to his results for playing a worse character - you all understand the theory behind that

but if toki uses random for a single tourney and comes last, you cannot turn around and say to me that that is a good indication of his level of skill, because you know better (and if you dont your a ****wit) and so you make your own exceptions or judgements or whatever you call it, because thats the whole point of a power ranking.

simple no?

Sieg

Smash Champion
When I came into here to check with Syke posting last I thought it sad [QLD] Beast Power Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom