• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Well, all throws have a hitbox and put the opponent into hitstun. You can DI from a throw, and I'm pretty sure Luke was referring to throws like Peach's "chain grab" (THERE ARE OTHERS /caps), where if your opponent is lazy at DI, they'll get regrabbed.

DI does affect multiple hit attacks though. Like Ness's PK Fire and Ivybad's Bullet Seed, usually DI gets you out faster than SDI (Or at least that's what I've noticed).
K so, Peach's chain-grab can't be DI'd out of, I would know. And Luke wasn't talking about throws I presume, since he was directly referring to the part of my post talking about grab-releases.
If you have any examples of a chain-grab that can be DI'd out of, but can't simply be attacked/air-dodged/jumped out of even without DI, let me know....

When you talk about DI affecting multiple hit attacks better than SDI, you're actually not DIing, you're SDIing, you do get an SDI input either at the start of hitlag or the end (can't remember) when holding a direction, so since hitlag "starts" multiple times (like hitlag from different hits at least) you get multiple SDI inputs just from holding a direction.
That's my understanding of it anyway (maybe I'm thinking of the way it works in Melee? Idk).
Anyway, the most effective way to get out would be to continually quarter-circle or half-circle in the direction you're trying to get out.

Everything you said comparing melée to brawl DI is exactly the same in both games lol.

:phone:
Eh? All I said was DI is the only form of survival (before recovery anyway) in Melee, when in Brawl you have to momentum cancel.
And DIing in Brawl works quite differently to Melee anyway.

Ghostbone

Smash Master

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I can assure you nothing in smash would surprise me any more..
k, so in Melee, when you DI an attack you can change the direction of knockback by up to 18 degrees. (moves keep the properties of their original angles, like if they can be meteor cancelled) You can DI both attacks that send you into tumble, and attacks that don't send you into tumble. You get the largest DI when holding directly perpendicular to the knockback angle. DI is pretty simple in Melee, in that the more you hold one direction, the more you DI in that direction, so if you hold up-up-left, the angle you're launched at is generally going to be slightly higher than just up-left, and all directions have equal "strength" so to speak.

In Brawl however, you can't DI moves that don't send you into tumble, and as for moves that send you into tumble, the amount you can DI varies from 18 degrees maximum (completely vertical angles or completely horizontal angles) to 24 degrees maximum (if 0° is straight down, then it'd be for angles such as 45°, 135°, etc.). Excluding moves with those angles, you don't necessarily have to hold directly perpendicular to get the largest DI. Sometimes there will be multiple angles that give equal DI, or holding a direction that's not perpendicular will give larger DI.
This is because of the quirk that if you hold diagonal (say, up-left), you get the same strength DI as holding both up and left at the same time, which is what makes moves with diagonal trajectories more susceptible to DI. (supposedly this is because Sakurai was trying to help wiimote users or something.....)

Add onto that how just having momentum cancelling in Brawl means you want to DI differently anyway, and there are many important differences between Brawl's DI and Melee's DI....

/on topic
Apollo shouldn't be on the QLD PR >.>

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Oh wow this thread has been unlocked haha. Anyways I assume the next PR will be done after Summersmash or if there is a tourney inbetween?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Next update will be after Summersmash, this will be the last PR I'll be included in as I intend to leave competitive Smash in the the near future. Planning to resurface with the new game release when it comes out.

Everyone's last chance to out place my ever falling skill at smash in the next few months. Might practice a bit to make it a challenge for some of you, but I'll see what LoL has to say about that.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Pretty sure if you leave QLD Brawl is going to die lol

I can understand why smash has taken a backseat since you seem to be doing well at LoL.

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
If AD3PT is moving onto LoL he will be sorely missed but it doesn't mean everything has to crumble. Ill do my best to help continue at least the LanSmash events in his absence.

If anyone wants to step up and offer help it'd be appreciated.

All the best with LoL!

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I'd take his place if I actually lived in Brisbane. I dunno who is willing to step up in Brisbane after Matt leaves. :S

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Next update will be after Summersmash, this will be the last PR I'll be included in as I intend to leave competitive Smash in the the near future. Planning to resurface with the new game release when it comes out.

Everyone's last chance to out place my ever falling skill at smash in the next few months. Might practice a bit to make it a challenge for some of you, but I'll see what LoL has to say about that.
This surprises and saddens me. You seemed so into it, and the qld scene really benefited.

Pity.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841

Wait your going and wont be back till the next SSB? wow and to think. you must stay dude I wanna beat you in brawl somday :glare:

Splice

Smash Hero
I phind it kontradiktory that da move "end of days" is described as "non-stop"

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
hahaha Zydro, don't overthink it.

Basically assuming Matt quits we should expect Jaice to quit. In other words we lose 2 very good players from the scene.

However the scene won't die as long as Kaion and/or Vyse keep running tournaments. Hell I'd do it if I wasn't living on the coast

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
I could start hosting meet once I get my own place, which is soon.
Buuuuut, it's in the coast and I doubt anyone would come olololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom