• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] SummerSmash 2012 - February 18th - Over $1,500 in cash and prizes to be won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remastered

Smash Lord
SUMMERSMASH 2012!​

PRIZES!

Brawl Singles Prizes:

1st - $600 + 50% of the total entry fee
2nd - $250 + 30% of the total entry fee
3rd - $120 + 20% of the total entry fee
+ $50 injection to be spread across placings at the event.

Brawl Doubles Prizes:

1st - $300 + 50% of the total entry fee
2nd - $150 + 30% of the total entry fee
3rd - $50 + 20% of the total entry fee

Melee Singles:

$800 to be spread across placings at the event

Melee Doubles:

Entry fee to be spread across placings at the event.

Nows the time to bring your A game ladies and gentlemen.

When: 18th February 2012

What: All events now on Saturday, with Brawl doubles and melee doubles starting at 9am, so make sure you are there on time as pools if required will run whilst doubles is playing out! Singles will start straight after a half hour lunch break after doubles.

Who: Everyone but Metaknight

Where: http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/facilities-recreation/parks-and-venues/community-halls/sunnybank-hall/index.htm QUEENSLAND!!!

How Much: $5 entry into all events per person. $15 venue fee.

Why: Self explanatory really...

Brawl Ruleset:

QUEENSLAND BRAWL MODIFIED RULESET

General Gameplay Rules
1. 3 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
4. All infinites are legal.
5. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 50 for all characters. (If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored).
6. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
7. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
8. The use of Metaknight is prohibited, if you are playing random, and your character choice ends up as Metaknight, you must restart the match on the same stage until you end up with a character other than Metaknight.
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:​
o In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
o If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 is introduced for all characters.​

Modified Rules for Doubles:
1. Team Attack is set to "On"
2. Life stealing is allowed.
3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can’t determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, than whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.​

Set Procedure:
1. Player Priority is determined if it can’t be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.​

Determining Player Priority:
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).​

Stage List:

Starters:
o Battlefield
o Lylat Cruise
o Smashville
o Final Destination
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)​

Counterpicks:
o Battleship Halberd
o Pokemon Stadium 1
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Castle Siege
o Delfino Plaza
o Frigate Orpheon​

Conduct Rules:
1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.
3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:​
o Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
o The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
o Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.​

Melee Ruleset:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13074503&postcount=2

Out of State Housing So Far:
Ad3pt: Ricky & Leish
Vyse: Everyone Else lololol

Itinerary:
Thursday will be a Smash day if you are here that early. Will gather at either My place or Vyse's for hours of smashing.

Friday I will be heading down the coast with whoever would like to come. If we get anough cars together, (Which we will if enough people are keen) We can all head down as a group.

Saturday will have Brawl & Melee Tournament.

Sunday will be a chillax day, and chances are, we will organise a trip or dinner somewhere, depending on who is still here. Maybe even make this a TCG day!

Monday for those who are staying here until then are welcome and free to choose what you guys want to do.

Organise your housing, flights, lives for Summersmash in here. Itinerary and further info to come when it surfaces. Let the hype commence.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I promise to get you ice cream this time if we find a shop close by =o.

Is this place the same venue i went to last time? Me and ricky will need housing, but i still need to ask him about this.

Would love to see everyone again though :3

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Zydron, how about I buy you a cake and you buy me a cake and share it with people <3

Maybe to Blade as well, see how generous we feel that day.

:phone:

earla

Smash Lord
I wont get beaten by b anymore <3!
robs b beats mk b
robs down b beats mk b
if u SHIELD u can punish after
if you PSC grab u beat nado
if u nair above it u probs beat it
APPARENTLY u can SDI out of nado

OBVIOUSLY u havent spend any serious time practicin vs nado so of course u get ana l'd by it

it funny, i rememba playin u n i nado you. then u land stop and spotdodge a few times and dsmash? wat r u thinkin.. then i continue to nado u n u jump around. then once again u got spotdodge habit over and over agin nado nado. of f ukin course u lose to nado.
spam spam dsmash... NADO BEATS DSMASH BY THE WAY

if u have that **** ^ above listed down, NADO IS BAD FOR MK unless he does it real smart.
but of course u dont haf it down, cos ya'll dont practice.

instead u winge 1000x about how u get wreaked by somethin u haven't seriously trained to counter.

instead of takin responsibility for losses u blame the char.

if u's had half a brain then u wudn just run into it mindlessly throwin out moves COS U CAN. see what allan did first set v me. PROPS

scrub attitude, now we got a ban happenin. good for you. watch it solve all your problems n u all will magically start placin higher.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Try using D3 or Luigi against Nado. Luigi has nothing that beats it, not even shield grab because his animation is too slow, and the only thing D3 has is a jet hammer sweet spot.

If you bait the laser and continually nado at head height for ROB, you will beat him everytime because of the easy shield poke on his large frame, and the inability to grab or punish out of it on half shield. ROB's slow movement stops him from being able to punish a smart MK's nado that spaces away near the end animation if it doesn't poke. ROB's weight and frame size keeps him in the nado once caught as both sides of the hitbubbles connect. Nado punishes ROB badly, and is one of many reasons why the match up is so bad for ROB. Leish might have bad habits, but even the American ROB's complain about nado.

Also I don't think it's necessary to tell someone they have half a brain either Earl.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Dedede's up-smash and f-smash also beat tornado if they're timed. (Easier said than done, but more reliable than jet hammer)

Remastered

Smash Lord
No they don't, try it, they only punish on the start up animation. Once the Nado hits about it's 6-7th frame, it doesn't beat it. Start up animation for D3's Fsmash and Usmash are both more than 7 frames too. So yes it is really hard to do.

Remastered

Smash Lord
No, it is the only thing that beats a non-grounded nado :), never said I would try it. Although I have landed it once by jumping, and the MK being a noob.

Neither of my characters can deal with nado at all. Which is why I joined the MK Fan club before reloaded lol.

earla

Smash Lord
Luigi has nothing that beats it, not even shield grab because his animation is too slow

incorrect. u new guys think u know it all ey.

cant b bothered arguing with ignorant people.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Holy **** dude, it was just a joke.....

I dont even play this game seriously anymore. Derp.

And anyone that argues that nado isn't broken is completely biased to mk. lululul.

And at least im not socially awkward like you are, so I wouldn't be saying I have half a brain too. I can troll too you know =)

But anyways, you're a douche bag. Go die please.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah I know, I make a simple joke then I'm paralytically called ******** for it. I'm only just defending my self because he started it first sooo idccc.

Aside from mk stuff lets not discuss it anymore, its dumb. House me and ricky matt? :3

I better save up my money for this though, but it shouldnt be too hard if i dont loose my other job lol

Remastered

Smash Lord
Incorrect aye? Go ahead and try it and let me know how you go. Would love to see you do it and prove me wrong :). I would love too see what MK would nado at grab height anyway lol.

Anyway guys, thoughts on the name for the tournament? Had a few good suggestions from people already. I personally love Bacon Blade, but this is a melee event too so let me know what you guys want.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Luigi has nothing that beats it, not even shield grab because his animation is too slow

incorrect. u new guys think u know it all ey.

cant b bothered arguing with ignorant people.
Who finishes Tornado in front of a shielding opponent anyway?

Call it SummerSmash.

Remastered

Smash Lord
He is talking about powershielding then grabbing during nado Aero. Unless I'm mistaken for the less skilled version of MK nado punish discussion for noobs 1.0.

I can house you guys again, are you and Ricky confirmed? No bleach this time please.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Eh, MK should be flying away when someone powershields it anyway. He's still covered by multiple gigantic hitboxes during the move.

BUT I don't want to drag this into a MK discussion since that would be lame.

Edit:

LOL GRABBING DURING NADO

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah ricky should come, Yeah I wont be high and use bleach this time. :O

I still have to talk to him about it first, but im sure he'll be cool with it lol

I did see a video on some power shield to grab thing, but I cant remember how it worked. Pretty sure you had to be on spot frame perfect, so in other words impossible to do consistently.

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
Earl do you want a warm glass of stfu?

Leish > BLAAAAADDDEE > earl.

inb4whoisBlade

:phone:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
- can't come to this because i have to go to a cousin's wedding
- shame because i want to meet blade and have sex with aussie rob
- don't ban mk

Status