• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] SummerSmash 2012 - February 18th - Over $1,500 in cash and prizes to be won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Hoooolllyy crap tibs is coming

Should we even do crews? lol

edit: derp it's all on one day now we will never have time for crews

Remastered

Smash Lord
There will be time for crews, if not on the Saturday, it will be Sunday at someones house I'm sure. Vyse has offered to finalise any matches at his place on the Saturday night if we do run overtime, but I doubt we will given every event in QLD has run on time from my memory except 1 non-major in helensvale because people went to lunch and dinner and took forever. We have everything sooooo close by, so this won't be an issue.

Anyone who hasn't signed up for this yet in the sign-up thread, please do so asap. I still plan to have a card event here too, more than likely on the Sunday, so make sure you bring your crads tibs.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, I'm actually getting really pumped for this. New venue and so far really good attendance, should be awesome.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I inspected the venue this morning and we definitely have enough room. The place comes with a ton of tables and chairs too.

I'm thinking that we should fork out for two extra hours for set up and pack up. $534 venue fee.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Remastered

Smash Lord
Sounds good Vyse. With the current attendance, the venue fee will be $20 a head, which is cheaper than what we had to pay at Lansmash for the 2 days.

If more people confirm that they are coming, I can reduce it further, so let me know in the sign-up thread please ;).

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I think we can push that down to $15. I'll donate $50 towards the fee.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I will try and see if Gametraders are willing to help us drop it even further too. Discussing the changes with the store owner tonight. Can you email me the pictures from the last lansmash please antho, I want to get them up on the Gametraders facebook page. Would prefer not to tag them. Also doing an advertisement tonight to put up in the store to drum up attendance.

Kaion, can you send me the Metaknight/Summersmash banner you posted on the facebook page. Will use the full size image to create flyers for the event tonight if you can get it too me. My email is matttaylor3@hotmail.com if you don't already have it. Text me when you send it please ;)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just download them from my Facebook. Otherwise yeah, I can email them tonight.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
So after all this apex business, I'm once again playing with the idea of coming to this.

I technically have that weekend off Aths anyway.

Is the date and schedule confirmed?

Who would would be able to house me if I went?

:phone:

Remastered

Smash Lord
There are plenty enough for crews. We have Dean, Jei, MT, Khoa, Tibs, Attila, Scoot, Leish, Ricky etc etc etc confirmed, vs Jaice, me, Jesmo, Smoking Pup, Cal, Arrow etc etc etc.

Who can house Tibs and Attila? Anyone willing and able? I know a few smashers in QLD are getting a hotel together so that might be a possibility to join in with them. I know Kaion has hotel connections, so he is the man to talk to about that.

Edit: Yes the date and schedule are confirmed :)

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Pending on renovations finishing in time i can house someone, i only have a bike license though so yeah if youre comfortable being a pillion.
Cant confirm till much later though, however im pretty confident that QLD can find space for whoever is coming.

hmm crews got me kind of interested in playing brawl, might be time to learn diddy.

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
I always do my best to push people in QLD for matches so I'm not worried about this going overtime. Close to food will save time too. Will bring recording setup like usual and will record all tourney matches and MMs especially Bacon who now has the power to defeat BLAAAAAAADDDDDDEE.

The venue change is in no way a bad thing imo, props to Vyse for finding it out in the first place.

Mega pumped for this too but I couldn't care less about crews. MMs XD

Oh yes to finding a hotel but not using my connections again.

Japan etc

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I can house attila and tibs, but my house is starting to get quite full. I don't mind though. I can house unlimited people.

If you have space qld guys, you shouldn't pass up on tibs/attila. If people do, they can stay with me.

Gords

Smash Champion
you like using that tapatalk dont you vyse

Sent from my amazing Asus Laptop with 16Gb RAM using my SC2 Marauder keyboard

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's an auto signature thing. It also doubles as a way to let people know I'm on my phone, so my typing should reflect as such.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Obligatory post about needing a team mate for Melee. I'll be using Falcon. Let me know if you're interested. =)

Any idea what the schedule will look like for the day? I imagine it's going to be pretty tricky fitting it all in under 8 hours...

Remastered

Smash Lord
We have the venue booked for over 13 hrs, so we will have plenty of time to fit it all in, provided everyone who is willing and able brings set-ups/tv's etc.

The schedule is Brawl and Melee doubles, followed by Brawl and Melee singles after lunch. If we have more than 24 entrants, pools might be required for Brawl, in which case, these will run during doubles in the morning.

Santasmash had about 6 less people attending for brawl, and we finished with about 3 hours to spare, so we will have plenty of time. This however doesn't account for newcomers etc. Depends how good my gametraders flyers work.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
fkn cnt sht *** wedding in the 18th
someone marry me at summersmash so i can come

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
fkn cnt sht *** wedding in the 18th
someone marry me at summersmash so i can come
Is there a law against getting married to an electrical apliance? If not then you could marry one of your consoles or something like that.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
its not really a law against.. its more like marriage = man + women. anything else is not reconised unless in texas. u can have a wedding without getting married i believe :X

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
So is vyse the only one offering housing?

<3 vyse, I'd just prefer to not stay somewhere that's super overcrowded...

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
BC, you live 2 hours away from the venue.
Yer but I can take the train 8)

But in all seriousness I will probs take a train becuase if vyse is gonna have lots of people or somthing I will not wanna go becuase I can't really stand being in a house with lots of people. ****ashi ask somthing about splitting a motel or somthing on MMGN I'll talk to im about that.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So is vyse the only one offering housing?

<3 vyse, I'd just prefer to not stay somewhere that's super overcrowded...

That's fine. I'm actually somewhat glad because I pretty much have hit the limit of people I want to house.

EDIT: At least I think.

I've got Jei, Khoa, Dean (?), Sword Saint.

Then I thought I was housing Luke+Ted, but I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom