• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Sunny House Smash Haven | SmashPlay: Infinity | Almost Weekly Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Coming from a time wrought with a lack of regular smash meets being broadcast across the QLD threads, I am happy to say that Aika and I are ready to open our new house up for business.

As QLDers will know, I've been busy spending copious amounts of time and money getting myself and Aika moved into our new home in Sunnybank. It is our wish to see the QLD smash community grow as players and as friends by providing a more central meeting place for the bulk of its players to come and play. We are open and welcome to every creed in our community. Heck, we have MvC3 sitting here as well, so whatever your poison, it's here.

Almost every weekend, I want to be able to invite people around and use our space for practice/fun. We have a garage set up with space for 4 TVs and enough seating to accomodate players. We also have 2 living room TVs as well, so on our own we have enough room to hold mini-tournaments right here.

SmashPlay: Infinity or 'SPI' will represent a weekly meetup series which may feature tournaments for either game given enough interest.

Our house is readily accessible via public transport that runs well into the night, as well as the conveniently placed 'Altandi' train station. Both of which is within 5 minute's walking distance (if that). We can also accomodate more than what we've already said, with a spare room for long distance (or indisposed) travellers that need a place to stay. We have a futon lol.

I'm not going to post my address here. Even if you are a new player, don't be shy, shoot me a private message and I will respond to you as quickly as possible with the information.

Just a few house rules:

1. Don't show up uninvited - let us know you're coming
2. Don't break my ****
3. Don't go into my bedroom or my office

If I think of more, I will. Just a little respect to us and others :)

- - -

Now, this is a bit of a work in progress.

Also, first meetup will probably be this Sunday.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
lol,

Also, who kicked the massive dent into my wall near the entrance to the spare room this past weekend?
PM me if you don't want to fess up here.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I approve of this thread. Although Sundays are usually bad for me I can probs make it. Need a sober DK vs MK rematch :p

Going to brisbane will be 10x better when I can drive anywhere, anytime.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
I will most likely stay over at your place for the night if I were to go <3 so I'll probs go if you're available to house people for the night that day :awesome:

Also what time do you think it will start everytime?

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
dean raging at hulk's heavy.. hulk should be the one raging though
bnw melee was fine =P do miss colour...

bagel crews XD
dj has finally sided with the bagel haters.
namek is epic for late night swoops

Remastered

Smash Lord
Can't do Sat. I hope whoever kicked that hole puts up money to pay for it. I know if that happened at my place, the likelihood of a re-invitation to an event would now be next to never for the person who did it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Can't do Sat. I hope whoever kicked that hole puts up money to pay for it. I know if that happened at my place, the likelihood of a re-invitation to an event would now be next to never for the person who did it.
I hope so too.

I'm not concerned about the money. I ain't even mad about it.

It's a respect thing.

:phone:

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I think you tried calling me on saturday night vyse? I was in the city and think I'd had one too many by then lol.

I live down the road so I'll probably come to most of these, I could also host on some weekends if you're too busy. My place has a similar set up - living room with 2 TV's and garage with enough space for heaps of set ups.

Can't make it this weekend tho, retreating to the coast with sea again. Good beach weather. My next smash appearance will probably be the first Luigi's Dungeon. I haven't played brawl since I got mortal kombat tho, so probs gona be super rusty and lose to various pikachus again.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I wish I could have watched that match oldman. How did it even happen. Although you might be happy to know that the backroom thinks the MU is in Pika's favour now. Not by much though.

I got a drunk-like message from Vyse at about 10 during his housewarming, replying to my text. Pretty good nights ahead it seems ;).

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
its definitely in pikachus favour =P

ill go to this weekend at some time. could drink abit since its a sat and dont have to work monday. see what happens. could be late =P

tigerDORF

Smash Cadet
It is.

Just a heads up, I will probably be a bit anti social in the arvo since I will still be doing uni stuff.

:phone:
Better than being anti-social cause thats just the way you are and it ****s up your life lolololololololol. :bee:

So something this Sat? Send a msg to my phone so I dont forget :)

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Wow vyse, didn't think you would host meets at your new place, still good for you, i'll definitely come up later this year for a holiday, i would come now and get out of this bloody cold (0 degree nights are seriously uncool) but footy and work is more important than holidays right now, plus moneys will be better by then.

OMG its my 100th post and on my smashboards account's 5th birthday, how sad that i have been here for 5 years yet people beat that in like a week :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom