• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

CrashOverride

Smash Cadet
Sadly, time is a precious commodity these days, and I'm out of town for work quite frequently. Let me know when the next one is and I'll try to make it.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Hype is brewing.

Most Saturday nights there is one, just not this weekend cause there is the tourny already.
I'm not sure if one already exists, but I think it would be a good idea if we made use of a QLD social thread to post meets. I don't know if people already have a regular thing sorted so there might not be any real need.

Just salty because I've missed a couple of meets that have been posted in tournament threads. :(

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Most meets except for dj's aren't posted because most of us can only host a couple people at a time.

This is pretty much the qld social thread which is just changed depending on what the next tourney is. The only other thread is the play warehouse thread.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I will generally post in here or text people if I has their number.

Don't see why we wouldn't have a meat this weekend at this stage.
See what happens.

Doylefest.

Last edited:

Walshay

Smash Rookie
I'm going to see if I can attend this tournament. But I'm not sure if I'll play. This will be my first smash tournament that I'm attending to that's if I can make it. Can't wait to see some smash.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
I have a cube, a Wii and 3 CRTs.
Alright, well I can definitely bring two cubes and one CRT!

I'm going to see if I can attend this tournament. But I'm not sure if I'll play. This will be my first smash tournament that I'm attending to that's if I can make it. Can't wait to see some smash.
I definitely recommend entering, even if it wasn't free entry it would still be a great experience for you. I went to my first tournament last weekend at Play Warehouse, entered Melee singles with the goal not to finish in last place (I did it!) and learned SO much from being completely wrecked by some of the QLD veterans.

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
I definitely recommend entering, even if it wasn't free entry it would still be a great experience for you. I went to my first tournament last weekend at Play Warehouse, entered Melee singles with the goal not to finish in last place (I did it!) and learned SO much from being completely wrecked by some of the QLD veterans.
Yeah, I've only been playing for a few weeks now but you learn a lot even if you lose (learnt last weekend that going for a fair after every down-tilt is not a good idea among other things). There's also been meets weekly lately so you should come and get to know people/practise, its fun ;)

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
Meet at Cat's place from 8:30pm tonight, apparently he can't post here cos his phone is being **** or something.

Last edited:

KECTULF

Smash Rookie
It's with a heavy heart that I will be cancelling the Brawl Tournament for Button-Smash. I look forward to seeing all you Melee players! Love the enthusiasm!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lmao

I mean

oh what a shame

edit: I'll edit the title in the morning to reflect this utterly terrible news

Last edited:

Sloth

Smash Ace
I'm curious as to why Brawl is cancelled?
I'm only playing Melee anyway but I've been away from the scene since 2010 so it would interesting to find out what is going on !

Sloth

Smash Ace
Oh well, Brawl was always boring to watch anyway!

Just a quick reminder post to say registration closes tomorrow, in-case anyone has forgotten.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I'd be willing to become caretaker of the QLD Smash thread while BC is away with his studies. Only once Buttonsmash 2 has ended though, as I'm not going to be around for the event, and I'm not in the loop with the organisers to add information as it becomes available.

I also talk to BC on skype and facebook regularly, so I can keep in touch with him for future tournaments and information. Being the caretaker means I'll have the thread moved back under BC's control once he returns. Up to you @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer .

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yes, this sounds acceptable to me.

I will hand over ownership to @ Darkwing SykeDuk Darkwing SykeDuk until the 16th of Marth, then I will hand it over to you, Matt, then hand it back over to BC when he's back.

hotpotatohotpotato

Edit: there you go bro. Do whatever you need to do with the OP for buttonsmash 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom