• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirias

Smash Champion
He would be good in bed if he wasn't such a loser.

I can teach you Melee if you'd like, Booker.

Also, I take it Trent's place is the one that hosted Redcliffe I, or was that yours.
I thought that you two lived together, though.
Cute.

It's strange that you're still cycling through characters, Ben.
Or is your main still the same, whatever that character is.
You hosting anything this Tuesday.
And when do your exams finish, which goes for everyone as well.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Scrubs, tell your local Tournament Organiser to USE SHAYA'S TIER BASED TOURNAMENT SYSTEM.

Your Highs: Kirby, Marf, Olimar
Your Mids: Falco, Wario, DD
Your Lows: Toon Link

you can use all your chars <3

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Falco, Wario, DDD

are better than

Kirby, Marth, Olimar

But I think I've narrowed it down to

Wario and Toon Link

Wario's worst match ups are DDD, G&W and Toon Link does really well aganst those two..

Oh and DDD for fun

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Maybe no good Marth players in QLD.

But I am the bestest Marth player everrrrr.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wrong

Brawl Singles

1: Amaterasu (Metaknight)
2: Kulla (Metaknight/Snake)
3: Hotdog (Metaknight/Kirby)
4: Triss (Olimar)
5: ACCELERATE (ROB)
5: Scrubs (Falco/Kirby)
7: Shaya (Marth)
7: OptimusBen (G&W)
9: DJkaion (????)
9: Azure Rune (Wolf)
9: Jei Jei (Pit)
9: Undead_Moose (Marth)
13: Stiks (????)
13: Radiance (Marth)
13: Vyse (Diddy Kong)
13: Ricky Rosso (????)
17: K-0S (Mario)
17: Greenstreet (Sonic)
17: Toki
17: Jesmo
17: luke_Atyeo
17: Matt Knights
17: JAtz
17: GORDS (Toon Link)
25: Muerte
25: Yokai (Lucario)
25: Kust0m (G&W/Marth)
25: Brin
25: Destroyer
25: Axe
25: Sieg (Metaknight)
25: White Tiger
33: Nigel
33: Reindex
33: B00ker
33: Rakka
33: Travis Smith
33: Bryan
33: Dr1ve
33: Azer
33: Brent H
33: xXArrowXx
33: Sover
33: DJ Cat
33: Joshua Braddock
33: neoknux_009
33: Kayahan
33: Paff
49: Lachlan
49: Benjamin
49: Hagshrom
49: James
49: Josh S
49: Andrew
49: Katrina
49: Kribo
49: Torn
49: Ryan R
49: Chris Au
49: Sython
49: Michael Sassher
49: Ari Levi
49: Solong
49: Matthew S
65: Shath M
65: Kuru
65: Hans
65: Dwog
65: Jason M

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Doesn't matter....I placed higher... Didn't even play my losers bracket round cos I had to leave...

Beat you in a friendly using G&W who I am terrible with

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I was sandbagging so you wouldn't know my tricks if I was going to **** you later on :D

Also, I dont know how me getting in the top 8 of one of Australia's largest brawl tournaments ever shows that there aren't any good Marths in Australia. :D

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
I was teabagging so you would know the taste of my balls if I intend to **** you later on :D

Also, I don't know how getting in the top 8 of one of Australia's largest brawl tournaments ever shows that there ego't any ego egos in Australia. :D

*Ahem* Ego.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Bob = Awesome at N64 games.... you wait give me sometime and ill rival you.
Chris = ****
Paff = Gay metroid levels and badass zamus
Kas = fat for eating so many chips and not sharing

Sieg

Smash Champion
For QLD ***s, or just Poke***s in general.

At Target you can grab a Darkrai for the gay movie event, just go to sound and mystery gift the wireless DS they got set up.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I love you too, Booker.
Forgive me for giving you my SHAPES and not my NON-EXISTANT CHIPS you cork.
Don't worry, me, Adam and Michael used condoms and lube, so there's no need to worry about me, sweet-pea.
I won't give you AIDS anytime soon, I promise.

Agreed, Paff's Zamus is pretty good.
ALTHOUGH, Paff, as you realised, you stick to what you've been caught into the habit of doing.
Although, again, apparently it can beat the Olimar none of us could beat, lowl.
I want to play Zamus, now.

Still, I'm happy with how I am at the moment with Brawl.
Not good but I'm not crap either.
I need (a) main character/s, though.
I still use too many people, although as it seems I use Lucario/Marth and Ike/Toon Link the most.

Edit:

Thanks for driving me and Paff, Bobsy. Much appreciated, as always.
Nice to meet you, Paff, always good to meet Americans, and one from Oregon, ho ho.
Chris as always knows far too much on how to win, needs to forget more.
Trent. <3 It's all I need to say. <333
I'll try my best to be more pleasing to you next time, Billy-boo.
Oh, and tell Allison (how to spell, I remember seeing her game name was Asen so... Allisen? Alysen?) that it was nice meeting her too, and that I enjoyed her wonderfully non-homo-erotic remarks in my general direction, oh ho.
What was it... View Finder. Okay.

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
I was sandbagging so you wouldn't know my tricks if I was going to **** you later on :D

Also, I dont know how me getting in the top 8 of one of Australia's largest brawl tournaments ever shows that there aren't any good Marths in Australia. :D
as if, my olimar nailed your marth at the tourney, you then switched to MK and beat me in the other two matches, how does that make your marth good? :dizzy:

also how about when my g/friend 2 stocked your marth this week twice in a row with kirby? and don't blame it on wifi, your on it more than she is. :laugh:

come on shaya don't fib :p

Scrubs

Smash Lord
also how about when my g/friend 2 stocked your marth this week twice in a row with kirby? and don't blame it on wifi, your on it more than she is. :laugh:
Owned!

I didn't know you where there Chris!

We haven't played in ages....

Stupid uni not allowing me to do anything until the 11th

Paff

Smash Journeyman
@Booker:
I hope you noticed how Orpheon's flip never hosed anyone. :p Also, I had lots of chips and didn't think to offer to share any. :( I suppose I should've done that; sorry.

@Kustom:
Didn't get to play you much. Perhaps this'll be remedied at Redcliffe II.

@Chris:
Your Meta Knight is too beastly. Your other characters are also quite beastly, but your Meta Knight is just obscene. Also, I hope you got back home without any further mishaps.

@Kas:
Nice meeting you as well. You're much too good at this game for not caring about it that much. Although you're not as good as Chris at choosing Meta Knight and then pushing buttons. :p

And yeah, I need to vary things up with my recovery. Fortunately you were doing a good job of making it really obvious in a painful way.

As far as mains: of the ones you listed, Ike is the manliest and therefore you should play him. However, you should consult the Man Tier when making this important decision: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=M-F3DrzrZWo .

@DJ Cat:
Bob's ROB is fun to say, and it looked beastly; unfortunately I didn't get a chance to play against it myself. Thanks for the lifts again.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
For QLD ***s, or just Poke***s in general.

At Target you can grab a Darkrai for the gay movie event, just go to sound and mystery gift the wireless DS they got set up.
Any idea on how long they're going to have it set up?
I woulda grabbed one today had I known =_=

Will have to try later this week I guess.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Hah.
Hahahahah.
Shaya.
I bet I could beat you with Marth. <3
But don't worry we'll all still love you.

It was funny listening to you say: "I should really stop doing that." Because you say it... but keep doing it. Heheh.
Oh well if you'd've done anything different I'd've been all: "Augh, don't want to learn new patterns.".
And I'm not good at the game, lol, I barely ever even won.
I'll try better to button-mash, but I don't like Meta Knight... Still I should learn how to use him nonetheless.

Chris! Teach me to use Meta Knight. D:<
And Olimar.
And Pikachu.
Oookay.
And maybe Pokemon Trainer.

The 11th hey...
You're gonna be in Sydney by then anyway, you knob.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-I just wanted to say a big thanks to kustom for hosting things this week, and for picking me up and giving me a scenic trip =D

-Thanks also to booker for asking me to come up, and tempting me with bbq muffins (which I didn't get and subsequently DEMAND for next time)

-I think everyone had a great time in melee and brawl, and it is a bit hard to single out particular players, since I saw that everyone had some pretty awesome moments in smash =)
I also think it was great that people got lots of experience against some of the less used characters like olimar, yoshi, zamus etc ^^

-Anyway, also thanks to bob for housing me for the night after I lost track of time playing smash for like.....10 hours in a row or something - I owe you big time for that and the lift you gave me =)

-Oh also, Kas you are godly in pokemon puzzle league, but I'll train and try to give you a major challenge =) [Although your 16x combos can't crush my psyduck ^^]

Sirias

Smash Champion
Now you hurt Ben's feelings.
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!

Lol, I'm not very good at Puzzle League either.
I'm not as good as I once was, but oh well.

I was supposed to teach you guys, who wanted to learn Melee, Melee.
Maybe next time.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Productive-conversation-wise (not intended to imply that unproductive conversation is in any way inferior to productive conversation), The Summit should probably be counter rather than banned, at least temporarily.

The reasons expressed so far for why it should be banned are:
1. "lack of ledges ending with a OHKO" (vyse)
2. "slippery surfaces" (vyse)
3. "loop for legit stalling" (vyse)
4. "physics change the whole game during the freefall change" (vyse)
5. "stupid fish" (arrow)

Why these reasons are mostly bunk:
1. Lack of grabbable edges does hose tether characters, but hosing some characters is to be expected of a counterpick stage. Furthermore, the fish is an easily-avoidable hazard - just jump after you fall in the water. And if the tail's going to hit you, jump again or airdodge. In fact, the frequent presence of water on either side of the non-grabbable ledges saves tether characters when it's there, as they can fall into the water and then jump to the stage from there.
2. The slippery surfaces make the stage a little different than most others, but I fail to see how they make the stage unacceptable for competetive play.
3. Haven't we got anti-stalling rules in place?
4. The low-gravity is only a temporary disruption. And Pirate Ship also has low-gravity, yet is not banned.
5. Again, the fish is avoidable. It's true that it's a one-hit-KO hazard, but easily-avoidable one-hit-KO hazards are not problematic. Example: when Delfino Plaza's moving platform appears and flies off, the ground essentially becomes a one-hit-KO hazard (obviously, if you stay on the ground, you will get KO'd regardless of your percent). But it's ridiculously easy to jump from the ground onto the moving platform, so nobody complains about Delfino.

Paff's Amazing Guide To Avoiding The Summit's Doom Fish:
1. The fish will always come shortly after someone falls in the water to the side of the stage.
2. The fish will never come unless someone falls in the water to the side of the stage.
3. The delay between someone falling in the water and the fish appearing always has the same timing.
4. Jumping out of the water will always avoid the fish's mouth.
5. I haven't actually played on The Summit enough to know the details on the fish's tail, heh. I do know that it's usually not a problem, and I suspect that another jump, or an aerial sidestep, should be enough to avoid it. If you guys really want, I could go do some in-depth testing.

With all of this said, The Summit still has one potential problem that may be valid: circle camping. I've heard horror stories about circle camping, but I've never experienced it or seen it in practice, so I don't know how much of a problem it would be on The Summit.

If circle camping is a severe-enough problem, there are three possibilities I guess:
1. Much like the Dedede rule, ban characters that are capable of effectively circle-camping from choosing The Summit.
2. Much like the no-stalling rule, ban circle-camping. (May be difficult to enforce?)
3. Ban The Summit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom