• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland Smash Meets | Meet @ Bob's house this weekend |

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Mmmm, mods doing a great job I see.
These one liners of bragging that are nothing to do with Smash sure is the best way to get new people to want to join in on the scene! :) Yep yep!

SO, whens some Melee to compensate for the over-saturation of Brawl in the next 3 weeks?
Someone wanna host on the Sat/Sun after PMS?
Still end up playing both games though, we can go either way.

:(

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
5pm I think.
I'll double check the other thread.

EDIT:

5pm - 9pm.
Setups for Melee, Brawl and Street Fighter IV.
Yeahuz.

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
Catch the Bombay express...

I've posted more details about PMS the other thread for those interested.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
What the hell thread are we using now, impossible to tell.
I should sleep, considering I have to get up 3 hours, but I felt compelled to let yas know this before I forgot it.

So apparently some new place just opened in the F-Valley called Asylum or something, they do LANS and what not.
Have some event on called We Can Have Gaming and look it up on Facebook or something.
Some daft **** look into it for us PLZ.
Could be good.

>insert PMS joke/pun<
If I am there....going to be tired n stuff. BLAH.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
What the hell thread are we using now, impossible to tell.
I should sleep, considering I have to get up 3 hours, but I felt compelled to let yas know this before I forgot it.

So apparently some new place just opened in the F-Valley called Asylum or something, they do LANS and what not.
Have some event on called We Can Have Gaming and look it up on Facebook or something.
Some daft **** look into it for us PLZ.
Could be good.

>insert PMS joke/pun<
If I am there....going to be tired n stuff. BLAH.
I'll look into it when I get a spare moment.

Jadegreen

Smash Rookie
I would just like to say my boyfriend Kaion, his tournament today, you people are all mouth on here but say nothing in person. You have bad manners and go around ignoring everyone? WTF is the point? Arn't you there to play brawl and meet people? I think if this is the future, we are * * * * E D! Anti-social behaviour. Or maybe you're parent's didn't teach you how to be nice, polite, and friendly. All I seen today was a bunch of little teenagers, who have no social skills at all!! And can barely look at anyone in the eye! My boyfriend is so nice to you all and he spends hours and hours on the things he does and all you do is complain about the ****ing money it cost to get in and blah blah. There is this one guy there that has his headphones in the whole time! WTF!! This is breeding anti-social behaviour. You can reply and say wtf you want. I won't be writing back. You will just be calling me names and cutting sick, making yourself angry. Sad really... Really ****ing sad.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm sorry you felt that way Jade. I don't know if it was me, but I do make a point of trying to talk to everyone when I have a spare moment. I felt it was a fun night (frustrating in the amount I was losing) but fun nonetheless, and I enjoyed talking to everyone.

The fun stuff came after the tournament when we all went out to eat together too. I think the smash scene in Australia prides itself on how laid back and friendly it is, so I'm disappointed you didn't come away thinking that.

Despite what you've said, I thought everyone was pretty friendly, but maybe I missed something while I was organising stuff?

EDIT: Seriously, what you said blows my mind. I was considering just deleting the post since it's just blatant flaming, but I wanna see what other people have to say for themselves. I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't do this as much as we do if we didn't enjoy the company of the people we hang around so much.

Chris, Scott and I all have the same vision, that is, to involve as many people in this as we can and so I would hope that drive to bring people together isn't translating into something that seems to be having the opposite effect with you.

Oh and the money? Somebody's always going to ***** about it. They will til the end of time. I really didn't want Chris to lose money on the place, but he was adamant about having a pot. I would have invested more time into helping him, but right now I'm juggling assignments, LanSmash organisation and organising with Animania and GenCon too.

Perhaps you could shoot me a PM and relate to me something more specific, because if there is something amiss, I want to know so I can deal with it too.

Here's a picture:

Now smile and be happy :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Jade, nothing wrong with pointing out problems, but try and do so without insulting people. All it'll do is create an argument rather than give a chnce to have the problems adressed.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I would just like to say my boyfriend Kaion, his tournament today, you people are all mouth on here but say nothing in person. You have bad manners and go around ignoring everyone? WTF is the point? Arn't you there to play brawl and meet people? I think if this is the future, we are * * * * E D! Anti-social behaviour. Or maybe you're parent's didn't teach you how to be nice, polite, and friendly. All I seen today was a bunch of little teenagers, who have no social skills at all!! And can barely look at anyone in the eye! My boyfriend is so nice to you all and he spends hours and hours on the things he does and all you do is complain about the ****ing money it cost to get in and blah blah. There is this one guy there that has his headphones in the whole time! WTF!! This is breeding anti-social behaviour. You can reply and say wtf you want. I won't be writing back. You will just be calling me names and cutting sick, making yourself angry. Sad really... Really ****ing sad.
Erm, I don't see where you're getting at Jade, I know about the people *****ing about money, that's just them, and I know Kaion has lost some money over this, but he also said he didn't care cause everyone was enjoying themselves and that's what he's trying to achieve, a competitive and fun scene. I'm more than happy to pay him back some of the money if he wants it.

I don't believe there was much anti-social behavior going on, we just had a tight 4 hour schedule, which we barely got through. It was hard to talk to people cause most of them/us were to busy playing our tournament matches, given more time I'm sure we would've taken the chance to introduce ourselves and chat a bit. Even so we introduce ourselves at the start of matches and socialize through there.

Don't forget most of the new people were little kids, who tend to be shy like most little kids are. Take Moku for example, he's still shy and quiet but I'm sure he'll open up over time. It's just going to take more meets to get to know each other a bit better is all. Just be patience, if the same people show up time and time again they'll enjoy themselves more and more.

Edit: And that very last line is very insulting, it's extremely rude and ignorant of you to assume we're like that.

Edit 2: And I'd like to give a big thanks to Kaion for spending so much time and money on organizing this. I'm happy with the way things went and the turn-out and I'm sure he's happy to.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Chris im really dissapointed to hear that you lost money over this. Dude next time let me know I'll do whatever I can to help out, seriously I really appreciate the effort you went to for it I tried to tell you at the end of it all. It was really fun but if it's any inconveniance man you shouldnt have to pay / make up for the rest of us we should all be able to chip in to cover it. It's a group thing.

Again, I had alot of fun and I really appreciate the whole thing. and hopefully something can work out so that it can keep happening.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah gotta work on those people skills.. i have problems -,- sry kaion and whoeva
people should really read the internet about the paying ~_~

maybe pre reg.. then when enough people. we can book or something?

nice venue

i think a 5$ venue tournament at someones house proceeds to kaion.. or wateva. discuss

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
TL:DR ---

Kas/Sirias here:

Ahh, sigh, just want to flame the stupid imbecile, a.k.a Jade.
I don't think I saw you doing anything either, other than sitting there judging everyone, wtf is your problem. Go cry to someone, not an entire community, and then LEAVE, if you've got the guts to post that crud you said then have the balls to stay and listen to what people have to say about it, people like you are what make people rage and what make communities irritating and less enjoyable, so why don't you either edit your post, delete it, or do something about it, like what Mic said, as opposed to only pointing out problems without you yourself doing anything to aid in its apparent needed repairs.

Seriously, I'd slap you across the face and bring you back to reality if I could right now, but then all you would do is find a problem with it and complain and cry instead of realising how much of a whiney little idiot you're being.

If you didn't notice (which you obviously didn't because you were too busy being a pretentious fool), everyone playing someone new in their match would be TALKING QUITE A LOT and LAUGHING AND HAVING FUN. My, I suppose for you that must've translated to NOT TALKING AT ALL, and CRYING AND RAGING? I guess you've got some growing up AND some lessons in social behaviour to take. Yeah? Yeah.

Let me just ELABORATE IN EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR POST:

I would just like to say my boyfriend Kaion, his tournament today, you people are all mouth on here but say nothing in person. You have bad manners and go around ignoring everyone? WTF is the point? Arn't you there to play brawl and meet people? ... Anti-social behaviour. Or maybe you're parent's didn't teach you how to be nice, polite, and friendly. All I seen today was a bunch of little teenagers, who have no social skills at all!! And can barely look at anyone in the eye!
We aren't 'all mouth on here', we are 'all mouth everywhere'. If we say nothing in person, then I suppose you didn't hear any talking? Maybe you're deaf, then. Which is relatively weird for you. And we have bad manners and ignore people... how? We had to play tournament matches and we had to keep it quick for the time schedule we had - which, as Hotdogs said, wasn't a lot of time. Also, we couldn't have 'ignored' anyone because no one came running up to anyone asking anything? If anyone talks to anyone, we talk back. We don't have to look them in the friggin' eye and have some intellectual, maintained conversation in order for it to be a bloody 'well mannered' conversation, no? Also you're being hypocritical right now by being a little impudent brat. And... some of them were 'little teenagers'. And I don't think I saw YOU looking anyone in the eye and talking to them EITHER, so what are you on? Drugs? -- Also, to be fair, my parents didn't exactly 'raise me' at all, and cuss at me daily and we fight daily, so... yeah... C:

My boyfriend is so nice to you all and he spends hours and hours on the things he does and all you do is complain about the ****ing money it cost to get in and blah blah. There is this one guy there that has his headphones in the whole time! WTF!! This is breeding anti-social behaviour.
He is 'so nice to us all'? He said that every gay he knew is a 'leech', and I'm gay, so is that not offensive to me? Pretty friggin' sure it is. You see me crying about it to everyone and flaming him and asking for some sort of retribution? No. So quit screaming and throwing a tantrum and do some friggin' homework, and ACTUAL study before making all these false, ridiculous accusations, thanks. And also not everyone has the friggin' time and money to just SPEND IT ALL just like that? Hello? And that's all that they complained about, so 'blah blah' = '**** all'. God, you're just full of yourself, aren't you. And again, we couldn't have been anti-social if everyone met at least one new person and interacted with them. Unlike you who sat around, staring and judging everyone. Real mature, aye?

You can reply and say wtf you want. I won't be writing back. You will just be calling me names and cutting sick, making yourself angry. Sad really... Really ****ing sad.
Well, that's what I'm doing, I'm replying and saying what I want, but I don't need YOU to say that I now have the permission to, what's your deal? If you won't be writing back then why the fk did you join and why the fk did you write in the first place? To prove a ridiculously flaming point with no evidence other than your own bullcr@p? Yeah, I am calling you names and 'cutting sick', whatever that is, and no, I'm not angry - if anything you're the one that's angry and you're the one calling us names, which is SO SAD, BECAUSE YOU'RE A BIG, FAT, WUSSY hypocrite.

Grow some freakin' balls and stay to hear what you need to hear.
Wake up to reality, you stupid prick.
<3

By the way, Kaion, that was no offense to you, I think you're fine, and thanks for organising, a shame we didn't get to play - I want to see how well I go against you. ... The place itself is good although it's a MASSIVE drive for people in Brisbane, which is sort of meh on our side, and if this happens quite often then I doubt we'll come for the majority. Long drive there, not really much Smash happening, then massive drive home, lol. Oh well, guess it's the same for Gold Coastians to here, though. Still it was fun, and it was good talking to you and meeting you. I tried to get people playing quicker, so I helped. : D Yay, and I did talk to you and the new randoms as well, and... I'm not really sorry for flaming your girlfriend (though I doubt she'll read this and I doubt you'll even be able to read this before it gets edited and I DOUBT you'll tell her about this as well), but she needs a reality check. I find it nice she's standing up for you (at one point), but everything else is totally ********.

End flame.

--- TL:DR;

Basically, she's a little brat, should grow some balls, is a huge hypocrite and needs to grow up.
Kthx.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Although I'm somewhat impressed with a long post by Kas, FORUM RULES! FORUM RULES! Don't fight fire with fire. :)

Sieg

Smash Champion
I met one new person.

Apparently he's part of the SF5 community and he plays with some of the tops that play at the arcade with me.

We had a good chat, a good laugh, and a ****ing awesome finals match that came down to the wire.

Then he gave me his MSN and his PHno. so we could chat more and possibly play some more fighting games because it's hard for us GCians to go up to Brisbane every time we want to play SF4 with some of the better Brisbane players.

On Nick and his headphones, he was just playing a game. As like me, Nick and I have grown pretty tired of playing Smash in general, it happens to alot of people. Nick decided to come anyway because yknow, that's what we do. Come to Smash meets even though we don't play Smash.

Because, yknow, we like to waste our money.

Or maybe it's because we like seeing everyone?

Oh, but that's pretty sociable isn't it.

Nick and I were going to play a ****load of SF4 most of the arvo, and then just chill around afterwards, but alot of equipment didn't turn up, bad on us, some of us have jobs and things to do.

So on a foreign console, with one stick, we still decided to play in the small tournament anyway.

So we played, I beat Nick, and he was kinda disappointed in himself, like everyone is after they lose a proper match.

Instead of annoying us during the tourney asking for casual matches, went off and did his own thing, because he doesn't play Smash anymore.

I have NO idea how this could be unsociable, considering he was talking to me WITH the headphones on half the night.

But you probably didn't notice that did you, because you never came up to us once to talk with us.

Because you didn't care.

But now that we're back on the internet, you felt free to open up to everyone.

Internet is serious business remember.

I enjoyed my time there, and I plan on going to the next one, mainly because I had a great time with my friends, I met new people, and I got to chat with old ones that I hadn't seen for a while, because we don't all have this extra time to come out and see people.

Hell, I came from work to be at the place. I didn't get to go home and shower, or grab gear. I came straight from ****ing work, I walked down to the Town Centre, just so I could be there.

Now, if you actually knew some of us, you'd realise that I am not the quiet little shy people you claim me to be.

I am the loudest, most obnoxius ****ing angry passionate man in this whole entire group.

To say that I am quiet and shy is just ****ing hilarious, especially considering Kas and I were yelling out **** all night.

****, we had a yelling match about sucking ***** out in the carpark.

Because I know people laugh at that, and it's good when people laugh at ****. It keeps everyone in high spirits.

I am sorry, but to come out and attack MY friends with what you described in your post makes me hurt deeply inside.

If you had ANY.

ANNNNNNY.

Knowledge of everyone in this board. You would know that we are the rowdiest most open and ****ing fun loving group of ******s anywhere on the internet.

And I won't stand for this crap.

Now that that's out of the way, I had a great time. I even ended up playing a couple of matches of Smash and watching the finals between J-Birds and Chris, which was interesting.

I'll probably have Blazblue next time we have PMS, and I'll probably bring it down for anyone that wants to play a couple of matches. SF4 will be back obviously, we'll see if we can get some more people to play in a tourney, it didn't seem to distract from Brawl that much.

EDIT: I'm sowwy Cao, I just saw your post.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Hint: What Sirias said about her both physically and emotionally is true.

short answer is no lol

anyway, kaions too good for this woman...thing.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
dude's dont knock kaions girl that's not how you deal with this sort of stuff. Kaion is one of the nicest most approachable guys ive ever met in the smash scene so far and im sure his girl is great cuz shes obviously just here to stick up for him. She just did it in a really aggressive manner.

There's no point explaining our side to her because she doesnt know what the community is like so don't let it bother you. We know that everyone has respect for eachother so just leave it at that and like i said kaion if it ever happens again i would really help out. And i like arrow's idea of a mini-pot tournament to make up for the money you lost.

or how about a 30$ money match in brawl with me? hahahaha.

EDIT: PS. Cao infarcted Amaterasu for Kas's post. HAHAHA.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Chris, please don't take any of it personally. I am sure you girlfriend is walking away from here thinking she's got a few whiny teenagers taking the flame bait (And she has sadly), but the majority of us wouldn't think to say a negative thing about Jade.

My number is 04 218 294 55. Give me a call so we can talk.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If this thread starts doing more harm than good, I think this should be closed for a while and re-opened when appropriate.

Mokubakaizer

Smash Rookie
Well, I had fun. Thanks for the games of Smash. It was great to be able to meet with you guys again and get to know some of you better. Sorry if I seem a bit quiet, i'm just trying to work out who is who at the moment, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom