• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland SummerSmash 2010 | Results linked in first post |

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
c'mon gaiz. is a change of day completely out of the question? are melee people busy on saturday? are brawl people busy on sunday? talk to me darnit X(

EDIT: it would also secure you 2 full recording setups instead of the current 1 which hugh would be bringing, also having it on the saturday would allow us to leave all our recording equipment there for brawl as well, which is less likely if melee is just on the sunday (firstly because you'd only have 1 recording setup, and secondly it'd be a hassle for either of us to get equipment there saturday morning if we weren't going to be playing). *shameless attempt at.... something*

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Im going to summersmash, id like to see kas and zac there but. Also just spend the day playing Stiks at SF4

Sieg

Smash Champion
Spending the weekend leeching ****. Tell me if you want something/bring a protable HDD etc.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I can't go, I have to stay home and look after the cat + house, considering there are a lot of black people that live here
Lol.
Sorry, Billy.
</3

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I don't like the idea of swapping days for this around for just 2 people.
Regardless of the extra setups it would mean.

I think it should be you swapping your schedule around and not me. BUT, if enough people want the swap, I'll do it.

Heck, I could change the schedule to:

Day 1: Melee Doubles, Melee Singles, Brawl Doubles
Day 2: Brawl Singles, Crews

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i'm not expecting a day swap just cause of me. just i can't swap the thing i've got on so i figured i'd see if people liked the idea of melee on saturday. all i wanted to see was if anybody else did want the change, THEN i would push for it. if nobody else wants it then i don't expect anybody to worry about it or get annoyed about it.

EDIT: i might be able to make it for melee crews if they're on, on the sunday. i'll have to see. also hopefully somebody at the event (*cough* hugh *cough*) can update me on when things are happening, if singles does start at like 4 or 5 then i could probably be there.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm actually liking the idea of Melee first then Brawl.

@Moose: Play games, hang out with friends, have fun.

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
so melee singles and doubles same day? which day is it.

kas and zac are out? who will win...

FD MASUTA REPRESENT

on that topic, today this girl came to boost. she was european. her name was amanda, but i accidentally called out armada

ballin' yo. FD MASUTAAAAA

Sieg

Smash Champion
Oh god lol.

Should've stayed at arcade. You all left before I could get off the MT machine lol.

Sloth

Smash Ace
I can't make it to the tournament! Sighness. My bet is for Scrubs to win !
I need people at my work to stop going on holidays.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
so melee singles and doubles same day? which day is it.
Read the previous posts.

Anyway guys, currently we're still scheduled for Sat: Brawl, Sun: Melee, BUT I'm thinking that we could try changing it to Melee Saturday like I outlined above.

Up to you guys. I think we could be especially cheeky and get away with it, meaning epic amounts of time Sunday for Brawl Singles + Crews.

EDIT: Going to leave this up for people to consider. Tell me you availability and what works best. If people are easy and could go either way I'll change it.

I'll give a definite answer on Tuesday.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i dont care which day..

and we will see about ben XD he might get stuck in a pool of 4 people (kas, ryan, syke, ben)
and top 4 go through... oh nooes

btw pools are stupid for brawl, imo. 2 long.

Sirias

Smash Champion
You go to them because money is meant to be spent (on others).
C:
And... saved every now and then.

Zac just go and win.
Srs.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I don't like the idea of swapping days for this around for just 2 people.
Regardless of the extra setups it would mean.

I think it should be you swapping your schedule around and not me. BUT, if enough people want the swap, I'll do it.

Heck, I could change the schedule to:

Day 1: Melee Doubles, Melee Singles, Brawl Doubles
Day 2: Brawl Singles, Crews
Read the previous posts.

Anyway guys, currently we're still scheduled for Sat: Brawl, Sun: Melee, BUT I'm thinking that we could try changing it to Melee Saturday like I outlined above.

Up to you guys. I think we could be especially cheeky and get away with it, meaning epic amounts of time Sunday for Brawl Singles + Crews.

EDIT: Going to leave this up for people to consider. Tell me you availability and what works best. If people are easy and could go either way I'll change it.

I'll give a definite answer on Tuesday.
Quoting to new page so you don't miss it.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I'm good for either day.

I agree with Arrow i don't really see point in pools unless we have a large turnout. They take ages and we can quite easily seed without them.

Crews would be good haven't done any since like Autumnsmash?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Pools are almost always a good thing. More bang for your buck in a tournament situation. Pools = More Matches = More people get to play more people. The only people who don't like Pools are people who get through them easy.

It's something we can change at the last minute depending on the mood of the players.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
For brawl do a triple elim bracket....

Is that even possible???

Thanks for the confidence bryce...

Skipping pools for crews sounds good

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I'm just saying if possible id easily prefer fitting in another event instead of having pools, heck even like a single elim low tier or some bs.
Eh maybe i just want to play as little brawl as possible.

I'm far more keen for melee seeing as my fox is gonna **** everyone!

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
J-Birds you better either **** me/challenge me in brawl or I'll **** your fox with young link in melee <3

And I think crews is good for people to get more exp. playing others, I'm sure if the new schedule takes place there will be time for both pools and a low tier tourney or some other brawl thing if people want

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Ugh but brawl is lame Chris, versing you is fun though but when ever i come across you in bracket i just decide its time to lose =/

Young link pffft a little kid verse a fox with infinite bullets your dreaming!

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
so like i can go to meets and play people for free.. then i go to tournies and pay to play people. who i could vs at a meet or in the bracket. and also take up time that could be used on crew battles.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Pools are not that good.
Beach is much better.
Unless ya eliminate half or more the people no point.
Also it doesn't give ya a chance to play more people.
Or maybe it does, BUT i'd rather play friendlies with people I wanna play against then sit through a tedious drawn out match.

AND:
"Wanna play Snowboard Kids/friendlies/throw DK at people?"
Nah can't gotta wait on matchs...

Bring back the crews!
Needs some hyper BEFORE the day though!

Also, Billy, Diddy Long Racing?

Also, Norway would be good. :)

Top Bottom