• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Queensland SummerSmash 2010 | Results linked in first post |

D.J Cat

Smash Lord

Mods, do your job plz. :(
or better still, everyone stop being doyles. :/

I can't find the posts I'm looking for but:

HUGH! I will play you.
I will give you an hour of friendlies and whatever N64 (other than Smash 64) that you want to play :)

I can't find it, BUT where it says not having Melee when Brawl is on and not having Brawl on when Melee is on.
I don't like it at all.
Chance are we will have enough TVs, and should be promoting Bi-Smashuality, even just so people can see the other game if they only play one of them.
IF there isn't enough TVs then fair enough, but people should be able to get there fix of whichever game, if they can't turn up for the actual tourny cause of work or whatever.
Spread the love. :)

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i heard theres gonna be brawl and melee crew. and no brawl pools, im just saying....

also maybe crews start after doubles?? discuss
also 6+ man crews.

melee crews maybe syke team vs kas team? dicusss

HYpe

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
syke team vs kas team so lame

joize

also when else is crews meant to start?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
copied from the other thread....

"New idea for Melee Crews.
Pre Kas vs Post Kas
Everyone who played Smash in QLD BEFORE Kas moved here (December 06) vs everyone who moved here after
So thats, Ben, Josh, Zac, Ryan, Vyse, Moose, Sieg, D.J Cat (that doyle) etc
vs Kas, Chris, Rob, BRYCE (he moved here well after Kas :) ) and everyone else."

Quick Question:
Anyone actually wanna do Pools for Brawl...? :confused:

I agree with Arrow, Crews AFTER Doubles, it worked well at SQUAT4, Singles didn't get finished for that tourny, but pffttt, so what.
But siriasly, if Crews is just after lunch, people will wanna get back, CAUSE ITS CREWS! :chuckle: AND all the new people will get to see what all the fuss is about!
Cause usually ya have people leaving just after singles.

New people will wanna improve much more for the chance to be in crews than to play boring pools matchs, no?
Brawl: Bris vs GC
Melee: PreKas vs PostKas
Ya????;)

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
DJ, Cool I'm up for anything. I'll try to come to both days mabye even, I'll try to drag dif to brawl with his recording+tv's aswell, so you guys can use that. All depends on what family is doing though, might need to look after the puppy, and figure out how to transport stuff back to dif's if hes not with me.

Also, totally take some money matches(5c) in anything. Just started playing SF4, need to see how I do with Mr Stretchy Arms(Probably crap). Dhalsim is so cool.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
Sounds good to me. I'll come and might bring a melee only recorded setup (well, until brawl semis, then i guess i'll start recording stuff from teh actual tournament) and leave it overnight. then i could do money matches with people all day XD anthony, you up for our melee MM then?

anybody else coming to brawl day and want to melee MM? or just challenge me to a game for pride. also if anybody wants me to record their mm (not against me) then i'll be up for that as well, any game.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
it might.
but might as well come you will be knocked out before 5 =P ooo

crews might be around lunch time :S unless we decide to keep it same time, which is also cool.

also next tourny should be named "Smash FC" not to scare any new cumers
FC stands for fat ****s tho but thats a secret.

also pedometer measures how much of a pedo u are not steps.

Sloth

Smash Ace
I'm not going! So go have fun with buttsecking roooyyaaaannnn <3
I'll misssss yooooou ZAKGURAKGA.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hi Triss!

Okay guys, seriously considering the idea of putting crews on straight after doubles and not doing pools if numbers are small enough.

We'll see. Some of you guys are really vocal about not wanting pools, but you're really not considering the opinions of those people who don't post on here, rock up wanting to have a good time, and get knocked out in two matches.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Antho ditch pools seriously. all you need is during tournament play to have 1 TV for friendly's with rules set at winner stays on. That way when people get knocked out they can crowd around that TV and take turns. they will get there moneys worth. Plus watching crews is WAY more fun then pools (i must admit the reason i stopped playing Smash was due to the Pools at Genesis... SF didnt help either =p) And even the newbies will enjoy crews especially in QLD we are so vocal and make it so much more fun

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's more about satisfying a person's sense of accomplishment.
In pools they have more opportunities to win matches, which is what they're paying money for. To test their ability to win when money has actually been thrown down.

But yeah, I'll still be considering it.

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
Caught a bit of a snag captain. Working on saturday, so I wont be able to come, so my setups wont be there. Ask dif about his travel arrangments. Still unsure about sunday but might try for it. Atleast it'll be melee day.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Is there any plan of a Friday set up or was that just for Squat?
My tvs are still at Scott's so I'm unsure as to what i can bring in the way of setups.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
oh. quick question. if i came on saturday. would people be willing to play melee friendlies with me all day? i'll bring a setup or two and my recording equipment if so, if not then i probs won't bother going. if i do bring stuff then i'll record late bracket brawl, and leave my tv etc (not comp, but hugh's got recording stuff so he can record on sunday) overnight to be used for melee.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Aww sorry Chris I'm bringing a friend with me, it will be his first time versing anyone other then me so i thought it'd be best if i teamed with him.
Oh do you still want me to bring my HD for ya? ill have to clean it up a bit (:

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Ok that's cool, just wanted to find out before I rocked up on the day
Yeah if you wanna bring it and it's no hassle, I'll bring my stuff aswell =)
Don't worry about cleaning up and stuff though, my stuff is all over the place

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I said I wanted no setups for the other game on opposing days, but I don't think that'd happen even if I tried. So yes, by all means bring em along Dif.

James, Bob wants to do TVs tommorrow, call him.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
usually things don't go slowly due to lack of setups. it's more people finding each other that slows things down. also if i wasn't allowed to play melee on it then i wouldn't bring it anyway, so it's not like it'd be taking away from the amount of useable tvs if i play melee on it =D

Top Bottom