• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Question about Apex

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
So the schedule says brackets for melee start at 9 AM on Friday but check in is available all that day. Does that mean you can show up late and still be in pools? Thanks

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Yes. Pools are announced the week of apex and I believe the times for when each pool is played. So say you have Pool F and it starts at 3:30pm, than you can in fact get there around that time. BUT You will be DQ'd if you do not check into your pool on time.

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
Yes. Pools are announced the week of apex and I believe the times for when each pool is played. So say you have Pool F and it starts at 3:30pm, than you can in fact get there around that time. BUT You will be DQ'd if you do not check into your pool on time.
Well I guess I gotta change my arrival time. Thanks anyways

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
You mean how do affect you? Unless you got a good amount of points they won't affect you in any way. The top 16 players with the most points skip rounds 1&2 of pools.

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
How will Apex Have gamecube Adapters For wii U I heard they were all out of stock?

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
No. I highly doubt Nintendo is involved like that. Strife probably got a bunch before they went out of stock plus your can still buy them now, as well as other players letting them be used for the tournament.

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
No. I highly doubt Nintendo is involved like that. Strife probably got a bunch before they went out of stock plus your can still buy them now, as well as other players letting them be used for the tournament.
Oh I havent been to a gamestop recently so I would know about in store stock but online inflation prices are scary on amazon going for like 80 bucks So I havent been training with a gamecube execpt from the occasional PM and melee so

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
I have a question too. Does anyone know if it's too late to sign up for Apex? I know it's too late to actually play in it but can you just like go there and watch and play friendlies and what not??

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
I have a question too. Does anyone know if it's too late to sign up for Apex? I know it's too late to actually play in it but can you just like go there and watch and play friendlies and what not??
You can still register right now to play in the tournament.

1/12 is the last day to register, so I suggest you go do that right now.

But if you dont, you can pay at the door for Venue fee if you dont wanna play in the tournament.

Last edited:

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
You can still register right now to play in the tournament.

1/12 is the last day to register, so I suggest you go do that right now.

But if you dont, you can pay at the door for Venue fee if you dont wanna play in the tournament.
Oh ok cool. Do you know how much it costs?

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
Venue Fee is $45. You have to pay that regardless if you enter anything or not. If you are entering anything you have to pay online. If you are not, then you pay at the door. Each game is I believe $10
thanks

Top Bottom