• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about landing from the air.

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
This is where I get owned the most. My opponent just waits for me to land, and then I get hit during the 2 frames of landing animation where I can't do anything. This includes getting punished for rolling on-stage etc. What are my options? =(

smasher?o.0

Smash Journeyman
(don't land duh)just kidding
umm hmm... go to the ledge
even though D3's edgegame isnt that great i think it is better than getting pummeled
or if ur freind iz an no0b tehn juz uz upeh Beh

CO18

Smash Hero
Umm well, you have, Bair/Dair, airdoge, inhale/ B reversal. I find it easy to return if you still have jumps if you don't have jumps then I suggest try to get to the ledge or something/

And dedede's ledgegame is really good not sure what the above poster is talking about lol.

ledgehopped Fair on the ledge is extremely good, bair, up air, dair jumping off the ledge, his get up attack has good prority.. ledgehopped inhale etc.. He definitley has options.

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
I've never tried the fair from the edge b4, ty. I just play an Olimar who grabs me after whatever I do at the ledge lol Olimar's grabs are dumber than Dedede's. Ty for the advice.

Tero.

Smash Champion
This is where I get owned the most. My opponent just waits for me to land, and then I get hit during the 2 frames of landing animation where I can't do anything. This includes getting punished for rolling on-stage etc. What are my options? =(
You get punished for 2 frames ?
Wow your opponent must be really good lol
<-- no im not serious about that

About which landing lag are you talking ?
Aerials ? Try Auto canceling.
UpB ? You can cancel your up B and grab the edge, just dont be to predictable about that.

Anyway going for the edge is always good ...

Also another good thing is edgehop turnarround bair regrab the edge

Buuman

Smash Ace
inhale or jet hammer
What blackwaltz said. When I played you man..I literally air camped xD
Used random back airs, and fell into jet hammers and inhales. It worked for a little bit..but when you caught on...the Olimar **** began xD

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
You get punished for 2 frames ?
Wow your opponent must be really good lol
<-- no im not serious about that

About which landing lag are you talking ?
Aerials ? Try Auto canceling.
UpB ? You can cancel your up B and grab the edge, just dont be to predictable about that.

Anyway going for the edge is always good ...

Also another good thing is edgehop turnarround bair regrab the edge
it's the stupid long lasting grab pikmin that **** me over lol. I think I just need to play more defensive.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Try not to rely on UpB so much, just stick to cancelling it in the air most of the time right next to the edge. Then grab it and use up to jump off of the ledge. You wouldn't expect D3 to do something like that.

Top Bottom