• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question about lucas' down b move

J0KER

Smash Rookie
I was trying to find a post about this but i couldnt find it so forgive me but i was looking in on lucas and i found out dat i can shine juss as well with lucas just like fox can... how do incorporate it into a battle because lucas isnt as fast as fox?

Manu

Smash Cadet
Its not like the shine at all really. The shine activates the instant its on while Lucas only hits when it turns off. Meaning you can set up for the heal and and let go for the damage. Really useful for approaching Pikachu, Fox, Wolf, Ness, Lucas, Luigi, Lucario, Pit and maybe Mario and Falco. When people see you rushing they will fire their projectile. Though Mario and Falco may alternate with cape and kicked reflector. Anyways being able to control when to let go for damage means that you can stand still against Pit until he approaches and damage him if he screws up. Also this move has bigger range then the shine.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I like to land it on Pikachu when he uses thunder on himself, recover, then zap him off the screen.

It's also a good mindgame with lucario and Samus users. You can absorb their move at one point, then surprise them with the stick and send it back at them for the lulz.

Zephirah

Smash Cadet
For approaching you can just Short-hop and do it. That would give you a very small forward dashing which will make it easier to release it and hit your opponent.

GofG

Smash Champion
For that matter, it is b-stickable. If you find yourself facing the wrong direction, wavebounce it. Hopefully they will be expecting a bair and they will shield, in which case you can simply wait for their shield to turn off and then smack them with it.

Trozz

Smash Ace
With b-sticking, you can simply flick it down to do a very fast magnet zap attack. This attack comes out really fast and can't easily be punished. Good stuff.

hazard99

Smash Cadet
For that matter, it is b-stickable. If you find yourself facing the wrong direction, wavebounce it. Hopefully they will be expecting a bair and they will shield, in which case you can simply wait for their shield to turn off and then smack them with it.
Couldn't they just roll away?

Top Bottom