• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question about THIS falco

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Gatling combo. Check the sticky for a detailed explanation, but basically you start dashing, then down C to start the dash attack, then immediately hit up and Z to cancel into the usmash. You want to hit up Z very quickly, just as the animation for the dash starts.

AL2DAX

Smash Apprentice
is Gatling combo similar to dash attack cancel or hyphen smash...similar to doing snakes mortar slide?

AL2DAX

Smash Apprentice
yeah that's it. so is that move done similar to snake's mortar slide, because i can do that =/

RevoCrisix

Smash Rookie
Yeah, its pretty much the same button input as Snake's mortarslide (at least the way I do it). However, for the gatling combo the initial dash attack has to make contact with the opponent (or the opponent's shield), like Snake's contact mortarslide. As soon as you make contact with the c-stick dash attack, immediately do up+Z to cancel into the Usmash.

CY

Smash Ace
or the way i do it is mash c stick down, and once the dash attack hits mash c stick up. this will only work if you hit the oppenent. i find this way a lot easier to do.

Mith_

Smash Champion
A gatling combo is:

a dash attack that connects. then follow up with an upsmash. only works at low percents.

a hyphen smash is:

a dash into an upsmash. you slide a tiny bit while doing it. every character can do this.

a DACUS is:

dash attack canceled into up smash. you dash, hit down on the cstick, and then before the attack really goes off, hit up on the control stick + grab. only a few characters can do this, and cetain characters slide farther than others while doing this. snake slides the most. shiek jigglypuff and falco slide a pretty noticeable distance too.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
people use the up-z method for this? huh, that always seemed more difficult than just down-c > up-c. that's straight forward and easy to do for something this easy.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Down-C -> Up Z has the benefit of using separate fingers, which I find helps my timing. It's also the exact same input as the the hyphen smash, so you can get them both down easier.

TETRAbomba

Smash Rookie
If you know how to wavedash in melee the timing is similar only the first few frames can initiate the sequence so you don't need to look for any visual queue's from your character, just know that as soon as you hit the c-stick down, even a little you should start pressing Up+Z. Its seems hard but only took me about fifteen minutes to learn... I suggest learning to do it with Snake at 2/3 speed, then full speed after that it should start clicking for every character... although the effect sucks for some of them... :'

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Down-C -> Up Z has the benefit of using separate fingers, which I find helps my timing. It's also the exact same input as the the hyphen smash, so you can get them both down easier.
hyphen smash is just up-c lol. boost smash is same input as what you're saying.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
hyphen smash is just up-c lol. boost smash is same input as what you're saying.
Oh, really? I guess I'm confused as to what the Hyphen Smash is, then. There's too many different terms for the exact same things floating around, lol.

Mith_

Smash Champion
a hyphen smash is:

a dash into an upsmash. you slide a tiny bit while doing it. every character can do this.

lol, i said it in my post.
when u are dashing press up on the cstick and you will do an upsmash. if you press down, forward or back on the cstick you will do a dash attack.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Haha, missed that. Thanks for clearing that up. Lol, I use all of those regularly but I never knew what to call them.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Step 1: Stop using wiimote + nunchuck

Step 2: Go get a GC controller.

Step 3: Forward -> Down-C -> Up + Z

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Hey, RyN, Mike Lee is gonna come over later today for some friendlies, you should come and get some GaW tips.

superglucose

Smash Apprentice
Helpful trick for DACUS/mortar sliding/dlx/snake dashing (they're all the same, iirc) using the c-stick:

You don't need to smash the cstick down. Just a little bit down then smash up is probably the best way to do it, imo. It's faster, and does nice things.

Top Bottom