• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question about wii online

foxmccloud233

Smash Cadet
hey guys so ya my friend got a wii and he has DSL yahoo and his DSL box is connected to his computer and is not wireless at all and his computer is upstairs and his wii is down stairs and somehow he got on the internet with his wii but HE HAS NO WIRELESS ROUTER WTF! then i tried and i didnt work for me and the access code for the access point that my wii found was correct (access point 2WIRE305) so whats goin on here and my modem router is not wireless and the brand is SIEMENS 4100 speedstream SO HELP PLZ!

ronin899

Smash Cadet
He is probably picking up someone elses signal. I was setting up my connection on my wii, and it popped up with a few different hotspots, but the others were password protected(no free online for me :p) Does he know if anyone near him has a router?

ronin899

Smash Cadet
If you have a router, you can set it up to where it doesn't let anyone connect unless they have the code, but some people don't do it.

Unholy

Smash Rookie
hey guys so ya my friend got a wii and he has DSL yahoo and his DSL box is connected to his computer and is not wireless at all and his computer is upstairs and his wii is down stairs and somehow he got on the internet with his wii but HE HAS NO WIRELESS ROUTER WTF! then i tried and i didnt work for me and the access code for the access point that my wii found was correct (access point 2WIRE305) so whats goin on here and my modem router is not wireless and the brand is SIEMENS 4100 speedstream SO HELP PLZ!
It sounds like your friend is accessing a neighbors router, but it's hard to tell becuase your sentences are so jumbled. And you didn't tell us anything other then "It doesn't work" so it's very difficult to diagnose the problem, but I'll try anyway.

By "Access Code" do you mean the network's WEP key? If you input it correctly, you should be able to connect to it and use it.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Yeah, he's accessed a neighbour's wireless router. You'd be surprised as to how many people don't know to password those things. One time I took my laptop into a restauraunt, and just for fun checked how many unprotected internet signals were in the area. I was pretty surprised to find 26 different signals, only two of them beeing passworded.

This is illegal, however, so I advise you to simply hook up your Wii through internet cables (if the Wii supports that, I think it does. I don't have mine yet ;_; ), or get a router.

EDIT: Don't forget to password any router you get ;)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's a LAN adaptor for the Wii that'll let you hook it up via cables instead of wireless. Not sure how you get it in the US, but you have to order it direct from Nintendo here in Australia.

Top Bottom