• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

question on shffl'ing

johnheyer

Smash Rookie
I know how to do the shffl but i was never sure whether you fastfall after the aerial or before?? Im a noob. thanks

Bones0

Smash Legend
You shouldn't always aerial and FF with the same timing. Sometimes you need to get an aerial out quickly but still want to land asap. Other times you want to FF first so that once you land the aerial you can follow it up as quickly as possible. Only practicing a single SHFFL timing is one of the worst habits you can have, so make sure you are always mixing up the timing.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Depends on the move. Most moves don't come out if you fast-fall before the input. Some moves don't come out if you fast-fall at all.

A good character to practice SHFFL timing with is Marth. Start off with practicing Fair's since it is probably the most simple. Marth can SHFFL Fair, SHDF (Short Hop Double Fair) or short hop fast fall then Fair. This helped my understand the timing for aerials.

Also, I watched this video, it helped me understand the hand motions and timing. Sometimes a little visual aid helps too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSNOIUNCzeI

Top Bottom