• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Question

Missile

Smash Apprentice
How do you practice Short Hopping with Samus, seeing as she's one of the hardest to get it down consistenly?

Tyser

Smash Champion
Press X/Y fast/gently. There isnt a short cut on this so you just have to go with it and practice.

Geist

Smash Master
^ So can you drillshine with fox? 0.o
That would be so wierd.

I dunno myself, I just press Y really quickly.
If you're having trouble, force yourself to play fox and master short hopping.

Corigames

Smash Hero
^ So can you drillshine with fox? 0.o
That would be so wierd.
I can platform missile cancel just fine. I also do ledge hops with it. I do almost anything with the control stick aside from WDing... that's just dumb to try to use the control stick on.

Church

Smash Cadet
coreygames, can you ledgehop a smash missile and fire it away from the stage? For some reason I was thinking about this when I woke up. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to I just don't have my cube on me for another week and was actually pretty curious. Are there any practical uses for it? (I don't think I've ever seen anyone use it.) Also didn't want to start another thread so just figured I'd get a quick yes/no.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm not cg, but yeah, you can do it. It would be useful if you were ledgehogging and Fox/Falco tried to recover onto the stage with overB, I guess, or if a Marth upB'd past you while you were invincible and you didn't want to waveland -> fsmash.

Church

Smash Cadet
I'm not cg, but yeah, you can do it. It would be useful if you were ledgehogging and Fox/Falco tried to recover onto the stage with overB, I guess, or if a Marth upB'd past you while you were invincible and you didn't want to waveland -> fsmash.
OK, right... and I guess there are more practical ways to edgeguard in those circumstances as well. Thanks.

Bil

Smash Ace
I shorthop with the control stick. With Fox, I can do repeated SHFFL'd Aerial Shines, and SHDL Shine SHDL Shine...

I also SHFFL my aerials with Falcon with the Control Stick. Short Hop Fastfall Lasers with Falco....

Corigames

Smash Hero
Even though it was already answered, yes I can. I really like to Ledgehop, missile cancel, then WD back to the edge, and repeat. It's kinda hard to get the WD to turn you around sometimes, but it looks pretty cool. I don't think I've used it too often though, it seems I'm either on the edge to stop them or on the stage to tilt them. Though, some situations demand a bit of surprising ingenuity.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWZTg_pEwM4

That a video of me doing stuff only using the control stick to jump. I would have loved to show you me doing it with a video of my hands actually playing but:
A) It was frustrating to get my camcorder on the phone in a good position to show you that I was doing it with the control stick AND actually doing it in game
B) The video got ****ed up somehow.

Missile

Smash Apprentice
Sticky: Intro To Samus + Character Match-Up's(Read Before Making A Thread!)
On one page back.....
"Short Hoping -Press Y or X softly, you will get into a habit of doing this very quickly and consistently, This technique helps Samus in areas such as missile spamming on certain platforms, such as Pokémon Stadium."

How does this answer my question?

I lurked before I made an account, I've read your guide, it is great, but not all questions can be answered with it.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Well, it tells you how to do it, now it's just up to you to figure out how to make your fingers let go of the button fast enough. I'd recommend practice.

Top Bottom