• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions YOU would ask Sakurai?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
If you were given the opportunity to meet Sakurai, what questions would you ask him?

Mine would be:

1. Why did you bring back BIG BLUE and JUNGLE JAPES and not Dreamland 64?

2. Why on MT Cornet do you have the legendary Pokemon disappear to only have them reappear two seconds later? Why didn't you have all 3 Pokemon appear during the same battle?

3. Why would you give Yoshi, Wario, etc crawling abilities that are absolutely useless because they are too big to crawl underneath any projectiles fired at them?!

4. Why did you leave out the most wanted Yoshi colors? Black and White?

5. How could you over look such obvious glitches that were found days after the games release? Was it it tested at all?!

6. By the way, thanks for the awesome game. and I LOVE the Yoshi improvements =).

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
I have to say, question number 5 is rather a$$hole-ish of you. Do you realize that brawl almost literally became the team's EXISTENCE?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I would ask one question and one question only.

When the **** are Europe and other PAL regions going to get the game and why the **** is it taking so long Mr Sakurai?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
If the game became there existence then they must be kicking themselves right now.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I would ask....

1. Why didn't you include DLC when it is clearly possible?
2. What made you want to include R.O.B. as a character?
3. What made you want to cut characters?
4. Why didn't you include Luigi's Star Suit from Super Mario Galaxy for a costume? (Same with Mario)
5. When are the European and Australian release dates?
6. When is Kirby The Wii Hero scheduled to release in North America?

Best101

Smash Ace
Why was tripping put into the game?
Can you give me the game for free right now?
Please?
Don't make me mad now, it can get pretty ugly in here

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
1. What character's FS was the most fun to come up with?

2. Were you aware of glitches/advanced techniques like Wavedashing and L-canceling that came up in Melee? Did you intentionally take them out in Brawl to balance the playing field?

3. Are there any other past levels that could've made a comeback but didn't?

4. Lucario uses Mewtwo as a role model, right? Whatever happened to Mewtwo?

5. Are there any other characters from other non-Nintendo franchises that you wish you could've had in Brawl? If so, then who?

6. What's your favorite level?

7. On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate Pikachu in awesomeness?

CrossX

Smash Apprentice
1. Where do you come up with those sooo awesome quotes?
2. Did you really think we would forget how to recover?
3. To what extent were these delays amusing to you?
4. Why did you allow for them to show snake with so much back without changing the rating to M?
5. What standards did you put on the music that you decided to choose for Brawl?

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I would ask

Why did you spend so much time on SSE, when a fighter is not really about single player?
Why did you make the SSE beatable in 6-8 hours if you wanted to focus on it?
Why did you leave clones in when there were plenty of fresh characters?
Why didn't you add one completely new female character?
Why did you leave out Krystal, and gave her such a small role, when she was more popular than some of the characters who made it in?
Why didn't you make Isaac playable, when he could have had a great move list, and he is super popular.
Why didn't you fix these with DLC when it was possible, and lie to us about it?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Care to play a match?

If he refused I'd punch him in the nose and say "YOU MUST RECOVER!"

SmashFi3nd

Smash Apprentice
WAS WAVEDASHING EVER INTENDED TO BE IN MELEE? I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYING IT IS NOT A GLITCH WHEN IT IS.

Why couldn't you just add one more moveset or luigified character to get to 40 movesets?
Isaac would've been nice. Heck Mewtwo or Roy would've been satisfying.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
1. Why were characters cut? Or more specifically, why were Mewtwo and Roy cut?
2. Why can't we have downloadable characters?
3. Why was Wolf chosen over Krystal?
4. Will there be a Smash Bros 4?

Tachita

Smash Cadet
1.- Why no DLC if other Wii games have it?
2.-Why there are still clones and 3 LANDMASTERS?!
3.-Why no Mewtwo? : (
4.-Who do you main?

And thats all, maybe an autograph though

SD3

Smash Rookie
Wow, a lot of these are more rude demands than questions...

Question 1) Can I have your autograph?

Question 2, maybe) How did you decide what past stages to bring back for Brawl?

Then I would thank him for what he's done and that would be all.

Darkslash

Smash Master
the landmasters were a joke lol I love them tanks of pure distruction

Why does Wolf look Bad ass?
Can i have your Autograph?
Can i play Brawl with you?
can you draw a pic of Kirby on this copy of Smash?

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Why Rob Why no megaman why the delay why were the forbidden 7 not playable but most of all why no dlc???

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
First thing I would ask is that, why did he tell the world he wanted to add more females and villains to the roster, and remove the clones, and then why did he not?

Then I'd probably ask things about what it's like being in the game industry and how he'd suggest getting started on a career like that, etc.

Also of course thank him for making both the Kirby and Smash franchises and that they're some of my favorites in the Nintendo repetoire.

I'd probably avoid ranting on the Subspace Emissary since I'm sure he'd have important places to be, and I could tie up hours complaining about that debacle.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Hi everyone. I am Masahiro Sakurai. I am feeling very cynical today.

I would ask....

1. Why didn't you include DLC when it is clearly possible?
2. What made you want to include R.O.B. as a character?
3. What made you want to cut characters?
4. Why didn't you include Luigi's Star Suit from Super Mario Galaxy for a costume? (Same with Mario)
5. When are the European and Australian release dates?
6. When is Kirby The Wii Hero scheduled to release in North America?
1. Because I want to move on and not make additions to this one game for the rest of my life. There's a reason I left Nintendo in the first place.
2. Without ROB, there would have been no NES in the United States of America. Without the NES in America, Nintendo would not have seen the type of success it has and you would not be playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
3. Annoying brats who wouldn't shut up about clones. That and I couldn't find any way for Mewtwo and his gigantic tail to work without sucking.
4. It didn't cross my mind. The Mario Galaxy team was very secretive! I don't have any Galaxy stuff in this game!
5. Ask Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of Australia. They hate gamers though so I don't know if it's a good idea!
6. I left HAL. I do not work on Kirby games any more.

I would ask

Why did you spend so much time on SSE, when a fighter is not really about single player?
Why did you make the SSE beatable in 6-8 hours if you wanted to focus on it?
Why did you leave clones in when there were plenty of fresh characters?
Why didn't you add one completely new female character?
Why did you leave out Krystal, and gave her such a small role, when she was more popular than some of the characters who made it in?
Why didn't you make Isaac playable, when he could have had a great move list, and he is super popular.
Why didn't you fix these with DLC when it was possible, and lie to us about it?
I spent so much time on SSE because the multiplayer was pretty much perfected in the first two games and just needed slight tweaks. I have wanted to create something rich for single player in Smash Bros for almost a decade now!

6 - 8 hours is a great chunk of time on a game that is still primarily a multiplayer game. It's about the length of blockbusters like the Halo and Metal Gear Solid series.

There are no clones in Brawl.

There were better non-female characters to add.

Krystal is quite possibly one of the worst characters ever conceived.

Isaac is less popular than you think oh internet-dweller.

Because I want to make a new game. I want to innovate. I don't want to update Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the rest of my life. There's a reason I left Nintendo in the first place.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
why did he tell the world he wanted to add more females and villains to the roster, and remove the clones
He didn't. The females and clones thing were (obviously wrongly) inferred from vague statements made about ZSS and removing characters in general. I don't know where you got villains from.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
1.. I spent so much time on SSE because the multiplayer was pretty much perfected in the first two games and just needed slight tweaks. I have wanted to create something rich for single player in Smash Bros for almost a decade now!
2. There are no clones in Brawl.
3. There were better non-female characters to add.
4. Krystal is quite possibly one of the worst characters ever conceived.
1. QFT
2. QFMT
3. QFMFT
4. QFWTFT

20charizards (10 isn't enough)

He added villains to the roster. What do you think Wolf and King Dedede are? Also,
R.O.B. is technically a villain.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Let me see. . .

1. WTF happen to Mew2? Why was he cut in favor of that dog?

2. WTH hapened to the SHINY CHAR!!?!?!?? It was in the whobble demo AND in some mag scans. . .why was this color cut from PT when it makes complete and perfect sense to have a alt color from the actual GAMES in?

3. Do you feel that Nintendo will make DLC for the game now that it's clear that theres a means of doing DLC on the Wii?

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Why for the 2nd time in a row did you not give bowser a stage?

Why, despite the fact that you created the Kirby series, only create one new kirby stage?

Why didn't you implement friend code voice chat, despite the fact that pokemon diamond and pearl uses it?

Why did you overlook the only viable female option (Krystal) over Wolf and more specifically the pointless Falco?

Why did you keep Ganondorf a clone when he has so many games in which to create a moveset from?

Why is a european release date still not up on the dojo?

And will you sign my baby?

Top Bottom