• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Questions

Sardonyx

星黄泉
How would the DT make PM Zelda have more of a mixture of Brawl and Melee Zelda without giving her critical heel and love jump back? Besides those two things she feels like a more threatening Melee Zelda, though I genuinely enjoyed Brawl Zelda.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
How would the DT make PM Zelda have more of a mixture of Brawl and Melee Zelda without giving her critical heel and love jump back? Besides those two things she feels like a more threatening Melee Zelda, though I genuinely enjoyed Brawl Zelda.
Give her an improved version of Brawl Din's that would allow her to continue juggling opponents she's knocked into the air. She could also use it to deter aerial approaches. Melee Zelda only has kicks no? Brawl Zelda doesn't have anything she's missing in Project M.

Sardonyx

星黄泉
Give her an improved version of Brawl Din's that would allow her to continue juggling opponents she's knocked into the air. She could also use it to deter aerial approaches. Melee Zelda only has kicks no? Brawl Zelda doesn't have anything she's missing in Project M.
Brawl Zelda generally felt like she hit harder, so I guess it's kind of that that I miss.
Love Jumping is actually a Brawl technique incorporated into PM. It was fixed into the Nayru Glide, but some semblance of the Love Jump still exist in Smash 4. Ironically, it very much resembles the Nayru Glide both in application and utilization. You could say that PM Zelda is a mixture of all Zeldas created from before and since then. ;)
I see what you mean, but even then she still just feels like a better Melee Zelda. S4 at least feels faster than PM Zelda speed-wise(not counting telecancel)

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Brawl Zelda generally felt like she hit harder, so I guess it's kind of that that I miss.

I see what you mean, but even then she still just feels like a better Melee Zelda. S4 at least feels faster than PM Zelda speed-wise(not counting telecancel)
The only good things Smash 4 Zelda has are that the developers do not play favorites (see Diddy and Sheik in the latest update) and Farore's Wind. I wouldn't trade any of her PM moves for their Smash 4 versions.

4tlas

Smash Lord
Make her reappearance hitbox a kill move like Sm4sh!

The giant Dins, stomp sweetspot, and the critical heel were the things Brawl Zelda had that really were different from Melee Zelda. She has giant Dins as part of the mines, she has the stomp sweetspot (but 1 frame is restrictive), and they took out the crit heel.

Sardonyx

星黄泉
Make her reappearance hitbox a kill move like Sm4sh!

The giant Dins, stomp sweetspot, and the critical heel were the things Brawl Zelda had that really were different from Melee Zelda. She has giant Dins as part of the mines, she has the stomp sweetspot (but 1 frame is restrictive), and they took out the crit heel.
They should make her dair smash 4 dair tbh

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
sm4sh nair is pretty good actually, I'd take it as well. Fsmash seems a little bigger too, as well as pivot grab

4tlas

Smash Lord
Pivots are better in that game in general, I think. Don't know if its the grab specifically (or if they could even manually make pivot grab faster/bigger without altering normal grab)

Sardonyx

星黄泉
Pivots are better in that game in general, I think. Don't know if its the grab specifically (or if they could even manually make pivot grab faster/bigger without altering normal grab)
Smash 4's sour spot is stronger, and the sweetspot is bigger

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Forget Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. Project M needs to collaborate with the Brawl- developers on a few characters.
I'd gladly exchange Nayru's Love and Zelda's aerials for their Brawl- versions. Her Brawl- ground game would be OP in Project M, so I won't consider it.

If these changes were made, Zelda would have aerial disjoint with f-air and b-air that she could use to approach, a better N-air, the ability to escape combos with either the U-air fast fall or D-air disjoint hitbox, and a better approach with the aerial Nayru's that projects Zelda forward at high speed.

Thoughts?

Sardonyx

星黄泉
Forget Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. Project M needs to collaborate with the Brawl- developers on a few characters.
I'd gladly exchange Nayru's Love and Zelda's aerials for their Brawl- versions. Her Brawl- ground game would be OP in Project M, so I won't consider it.

If these changes were made, Zelda would have aerial disjoint with f-air and b-air that she could use to approach, a better N-air, the ability to escape combos with either the U-air fast fall or D-air disjoint hitbox, and a better approach with the aerial Nayru's that projects Zelda forward at high speed.

Thoughts?
The disjointed that appear kind of far from her would be broken tbh, though I would like the Nayru's

Top Bottom