• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick draw sweetspot

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Ike's side-b doesn't sweetspot (OHKO) for Jigglypuff or Game and Watch.

Not sure if it's skeleton related since it hits a ducking Kirby and Snake, and those guys are low to the ground.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
No.

A (attack) just swings the sword; it won't do the special OHKO.

B (special) will do the OHKO if timed. (You can see a small blue circle appear when you press B and not A)

Works on everyone but Jiggs and Dubs. Hence the issue.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
just tested this myself in training mode and I can confirm that Ike's Sweetspotted Quick Draw completely bypasses Puff and GnW...

I know it's technically an easter egg, but it doesn't feel right to have someone excluded from getting hit by it for fun...

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the confirmation.

So the issue is there; I don't see how this was intentional.

Is there some bizarre technical reason behind excluding random characters from being hit by an effect?

Any plans on normalizing this?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Thanks for the confirmation.

So the issue is there; I don't see how this was intentional.

Is there some bizarre technical reason behind excluding random characters from being hit by an effect?

Any plans on normalizing this?
Phoenix502 is not a part of the PMBR so asking him isn't going to do much.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean to direct those questions at him; I was just thankful on getting confirmation from another player.

The questions were directed to whoever else might look at the issue and might have some sway over it.

Top Bottom