• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Fox combo question.

Garr

Smash Apprentice
So we know what a staple Nair to shine is, right?

Well, I've been trying some mix-ups in Fox's combo game, depending on how my opponent DIs, and there is one in particular that I really like doing, but I'm not sure how effective it is.

Instead of following Nair to shine, sometimes I do Nair to reverse U-tilt. It pops them up and lets me juggle characters that I can't get followups with shine. Again, not sure how good this is. I fear that you can easily crouch cancel it or something. I understand Fox to certain degree, but I'm no master. I just need a more experienced player's insight on this to help me. I never see Fox or Falco's do this, and I feel like there's a reason behind it.

NightRaid|tAmA?

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure it's CC'ble and Dash attack could do the same thing. It would probably be easier to get a grab and do some Up-air chains.

Edit : Percents do matter A LOT though.

Last edited:

Boomhound

Smash Apprentice
The reason why people shine after Nair is to counter CC'ing, if you're playing against a spacie however they can CC and shine you before you shine them, which is when you should Dair to shine instead.
If your opponent doesn't punish you however do whatever you want :p.
I've seen Chillin do it before but yeah most players prefer the safer/consistent option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom