• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

I'll find time to go to pound 4 but I'm not going now

I never saw a Snake get interviewed :(

Btw: Check this awesome pic out

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
hi guys! im new around these parts, im new to competitive brawl, and am maining snake diddy and ZSS (is 3 too many?)

hope to have fun with you other snakes and get better

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
The Snakes going to Pound 4 should get a group picture. It'll be a bit fragmented since only a few are going, but it'll be funny to see anyway.
I would love to do a group picture! I'll post it on here when I take it!

@Yume, really? I believe it's a drawing of Haruhi! I could double-check..!

@Hyper -- Heyo! Welcome to the Snake boards! Three isn't too many to play as but may be hard to main. It's probably best if you stuck with one and worked on that character for a bit before working around! Some characters require special attention and it's best to know your character and know at least the basic stuff first of that one before moving on to others! But good luck, yeah!

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
hi guys! im new around these parts, im new to competitive brawl, and am maining snake diddy and ZSS (is 3 too many?)

hope to have fun with you other snakes and get better
Welcome! Lucky for you, you picked one of the best, most cool, most awesome character... boards. You'll that snake is really really good, but not as broken as we thought.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
how can i get to learn how to play with snakes tricksies and stuff.

all i do is throw grenades, plant c4, detonate when they get near it, and ftilt when somebody gets near me, utilt to kill.... what should i be aiming for (EX like diddy is to overwhelm with nannas)

Underload

Lazy
You have no idea how spot-on you are with your playstyle, seriously. You'll get most of your experience simply by playing the game and practicing, but you may want to look at some videos of accomplished Snake players (Ally, Candy, Fatal, Razer) and maybe pick up a few small things like that.

One of the most important things for Snake players to utilize (and something that I didn't really take advantage of until recently, sad I know) is cooking grenades correctly. Don't just throw grenades, time the explosions to either ward an enemy off, bring them to you, or just plain deal damage. And maybe mix up how you use your C4, repetitiveness will only get you punished.

That's all I have.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
You have no idea how spot-on you are with your playstyle,

One of the most important things for Snake players to utilize (and something that I didn't really take advantage of until recently, sad I know) is cooking grenades correctly. Don't just throw grenades, time the explosions to either ward an enemy off, bring them to you, or just plain deal damage. And maybe mix up how you use your C4, repetitiveness will only get you punished.

That's all I have.
really, im doin it right? thx!

yah, i try to cook, i dont just thow them fresh, but not very good at timing the explosions correctly

any ways i can use c4 better? i dont really have any ideas on what else i can use it for.

oh yah, and if i get bored sometimes i DACUS spam... (yah, i just do that for fun)

Underload

Lazy
any ways i can use c4 better? i dont really have any ideas on what else i can use it for.
Well there's something to work on. Really, C4 is more about mindgaming / scaring your opponent. If they're aware of where you've planted a C4, you'll notice that they're much less likely to walk into that general vicinity. That's what I use C4 for, as a defensive and protective tool, not for damage. You can also get the occasional kill, which doesn't hurt at all.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
off topic, who is the dude in your avatar and why do like 10 ppl have that as their avatar with minor modifications?
its dave. It was a meme. I had mine as him as well, but I prefer myself to him.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
No, she has bad match ups against too many important members of the cast. She is too easily gimped, and has a very linear playstyle.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I feel like you could win in a competitive environment, but it'd be very difficult. You'd have surprise advantage, since people generally have less ZSS experience. I think the most important factor is her learning curve. ZSS has a huge learning curve. I tried maining her, but changed to reg Samus. If you really want to use her well, you can't just spam dsmash or forward B. I think it'd be rewarding if you master her. Snake is a bit more tactical - controlling the stage, setting traps, and using your tilts to kill. Snake just has no air game. ZSS has a pretty good air game.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
How do people not have ZSS experience? There was a huge influx of them when Claws combo video came out.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
do you think is possible to win with her in a competitive enviroment?
No, she has bad match ups against too many important members of the cast. She is too easily gimped, and has a very linear playstyle.
Of course she fun but she:
-dies very early
-She's hard to kill w/ (not alway though)
-can't really camp/force appraoch
soo yea.....n=but I you can deal w/ those major things then you good. :)
What Sinz said......and that ^
Also, after...awhile...I promise she will not be too fun to play. I remeber when I picked her up.............llike bout' 5-6 months ago. I thought she was fun to play and all that....for about a month, then I just stopped playing her.

huh? claws combo vid? linkie plz?
You can't be serious...Hyper...everyone knows about those vids. Also, Claw's vids may look cool...but a lot of that stuff is D.I.able.

Hyper...we're trying to help you make a good choice in whom you main...but in the end it totally up to you. :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Snake is a stronger main. With Diddy as a secondary you take care of D3 and Oli. No need for ZSS whatsoever.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
You can't be serious...Hyper...everyone knows about those vids. Also, Claw's vids may look cool...but a lot of that stuff is D.I.able.
this goes without saying, Brawl has very few real combos and most combo videos are just lucky strings

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Well that's cause they're all people w/ pride and hope....and what not. But in competivie play...she doesn't really work....trust us. And if you don't then...well I urge you to looka t tourney results of multiplae different tourney...and see...how many ZSS' there are.....and if there is any in the top 15 places.

@ Black geretic ^
Your right.

If combos aren't real in Brawl then why do I see in each guide combos, TRUE combos etc. It's probably fake, I think...

Turazrok

Smash Master
They usually start at 0%. They just aren't ridiculously awesome stuff like melee. I should go play melee speaking of it.

Combo vids are just lucky but what about Izaw? He made lots of strings/combos in his combo vids.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
If you have fun playing ZSS I say go for it, she can def make it in the competive scene. I've seen Snakeee's vids and you can def do well with ZSS.

Speaking of competition, I got absolutely butt-***** at a tourney today, I didn't win a single game in singles bracket. But at least I lost to ppl who are better than me, I got bracket ***** to the max. At least I made some money back by winning all my MM's.

So yeah, that tourney made me realize that I still have a long way to go to get to high level play, I def need some training at Pound.

It's reasonable to lose against people better than you.

That's why none of us ever won against M2K

Cause he's good

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yes i know, I'm just pissed because out of like 46 who signed up for singles I was only paired up with ppl I couldnt beat. And I'm no random scrub.

Top Bottom