• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
hmph.

I went Snake in the first four games of winner's finals. It went 2-2. I used falco in the final game and 3 stocked him.

Then in gfs, I used falco game 1, just got away with it. then he beat my falco in game 2-3. I won game 4 with snake, then lost game 5 with snake. then for the second set, i lost the first two games with falco. dominated the next two games with snake. and game 5... i was just terrible.

failed to punish a poorly spaced fair high on my shield with an utilt, pressing jab instead, which wouldve resulted in my victory. and then later, after coming back from a stock deficit, i grabbed him at 160% near the ledge, and instead of pressing ftilt, i pressed fsmash, and died.

it was easily the biggest throw away i've ever done.

Attila_

BRoomer
nah, our payout are small now.

the guy sponsoring the tournaments has kinda been outed by the scene. too much drama.

Oh. Well. You are still one of the few to make your entry fee back or better.

Interesting to see you swapping back and forth between Snake/Falco so much. Give it more time and stuff.

Attila_

BRoomer
i'd like to be good at falco, but i can't seem to shake general snake fundementals.

looks like i might be stuck with this character.

Attila_

BRoomer
More than anything, all the things I've trained myself to do automatically need to change when I play falco.

Things like usmash oos and sideB oos never became automatic. I mean, I used them, but I'd always have to think about it first. Which makes them too slow to be effective.

And jab1 --> jab2 never became automatic. Instead I kept ftilting everything.

All these things just made my falco terribly inefficient.

Time is again your ally in this.

If you keep at it everything will be fine. I have been using Snake/Falco since 08 and had very little troubles keeping the two character separated. While this is not a great example for the amount of time I think it should take though.

Melee and Brawl. It was difficult trying to keep different control schemes down at first, but eventually just learned to differentiate them. And it took I would say only about half a year tops to get like this.

Attila_

BRoomer
as much as i feel that falco is a better character, I can't help but feel that I am a better snake.

perhaps that's just the way it's meant to be.

i think i'm back to using snake again.

Attila_

BRoomer
I'VE been using falco for years. I've been training hard with him since apex. So like, 5 months of proper falco.

And my falco always looked like a snake 0_o

Well, I am still going to keep pushing the Falco player idea. Keep thinking of what you want to do properly and eventually it'll sink in. Do you ever play wifi at all? Sort of curious to see if it works well with Australia at all lol

I am not even going to bother replying to my fence this time

IxxIxxIxxIxxIxxIxxI

All it ever does is sit there and say nothing back even after months of having the chance. Then it will randomly speak-up and go back to being mute for years on end. Pfft

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
[2:11:52 AM] Immunology Xeylode: Its funny. I never heard of Yolo except within like the last month or so
[2:15:55 AM] Robert Jackson: Baka.
[2:25:56 AM] Ya Boi Dekillsage: swerve
[2:26:43 AM] Robert Jackson: Doopal.
[2:30:42 AM] Ryan S.: why would that make him a baka
[2:30:43 AM] Ryan S.: I'm confused
[2:31:34 AM] Ya Boi Dekillsage: (bow) f-forgive him sempai
[2:32:06 AM] Immunology Xeylode: I'm grabbing some smirnoff because of that.
[2:33:03 AM] Ozonne: Whats a aempai?
[2:33:07 AM] Ozonne: O
[2:34:23 AM] Ryan S.: It's japanese for someone with a stem degree
[2:34:49 AM] Ryan S.: damn I crack myself up sometimes
[2:35:18 AM] Ya Boi Dekillsage: done lol

-MEANWHILE, ON FACEBOOK-

Dean Johnson
goddamit Ryan
lol
you guys too good on the snake chat
though thanks
I was trying to remember the word for upper classmen

2:36am
Ryan Button Masher Scafe
oh
I thought that was teacher
whoops
that makes my joke less funny

2:36am
Dean Johnson
nope
teacher is sensei

-MEANWHILE, IN THE SNAKE SKYPE CHAT-

[2:38:37 AM] Ryan S.: I have just been informed that sempai actually means "upperclassmen"
[2:38:40 AM] Ryan S.: joke ruined
[2:38:56 AM] Ya Boi Dekillsage: LOL
[2:39:05 AM] Robert Jackson: Nice try Ryan-kun.
[2:39:23 AM] Ya Boi Dekillsage: this is now the snakefu chat Kappa
[2:40:26 AM] *** Robert Jackson has changed the conversation topic to "SmashBoards - Snakeaboo Land." ***
[2:40:52 AM] Ya Boi Dekillsage: (y)

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Attention snake mains! HRNUT was probably the best snake next to Ally!...................................

That is all

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I officially retract whatever nonsense I've said about MVD in the past. That man is a god.

:059:

etecoon

Smash Hero
didn't watch the stream but just looking at the bracket

*applauds*

solo snake shouldn't be able to do that in 2013, too gud

etecoon

Smash Hero
at a regional level sure, at a national/international level I don't think solo snake should be getting top 3 at this point. if we see a resurgence of snake prominence in this last year of brawl I think it's a sign that people are practicing and studying the game less

MK/ICs/olimar/diddy are the only characters I'd attach that "broken" status to, those characters are the ones I expect to see ****** high level tournaments

etecoon

Smash Hero
- going to a tournament next week will probably get bodied by a random ZSS and blame it on snake being a bad character but I do still play!

- brawl is fundamentally the same game it was 3 years ago, making any hiatus' irrelevant. I called ICs/diddy/olimar overtaking snake years before everyone else saw the obvious, suck it

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hey guys, Quick request, There's a gif of Snake grabbing Ike's jab and putting him on the floor around, and I cant find it via google. Seeing as this is the snake boards, I wondered if anyone had it? Thanks in advance

Top Bottom