• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I have never had a remote interest in a final fantasy game. I have never played one, and quite frankly I do not think I would enjoy them. Am I like the total oddman out in this convo?
I'm pretty much completely with you on this. I've played Tactics, and small bit of FF7 (a long time ago though) and didn't really like either game.

I love it when you beat the ****ing hell out of the Omega Weapon.

Omega Weapon in FF XII is stupid

Calzorz

Smash Lord
final fantasy 10 was the best, BLITZBALL , + the cast was awsome , tidus lulu wakka auro , all too good

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
FF9 was insanely good, I have no idea what you're talking about ;_;

FF9
FF6
FF4

Best 3 for me. I found X-2 better than FFX though. Mainly because you could skip the story [which sucked in either case]. X-2 sidequests were decent challenges, battle- and power-up system was great and diverse.

:059:

etecoon

Smash Hero
blitzball is possibly the worst side mini game thingy in the history of mini game thingies

it's sad too because you watch the opening FMV of it and you're like "that looks pretty awesome!" and then you actually play and it's like "REALLY square? you ACTUALLY FOUND A WAY to **** this up?"

FFIX is too slow for me. battles are very slow even on the highest setting, load times are the worst of the psx games, encounter rates are frequently way higher than they should be, just too much to hassle with

blitzball is possibly the worst side mini game thingy in the history of mini game thingies

it's sad too because you watch the opening FMV of it and you're like "that looks pretty awesome!" and then you actually play and it's like "REALLY square? you ACTUALLY FOUND A WAY to **** this up?"

FFIX is too slow for me. battles are very slow even on the highest setting, load times are the worst of the psx games, encounter rates are frequently way higher than they should be, just too much to hassle with
I just watched a video of a battle from FFIX since I've never played a FF game, but if you really think that's slow, try playing Lost Odyssey. 17 second INTRO to each and every battle.

etecoon

Smash Hero
and that sort of thing is why the number of RPG's I like is greatly, greatly limited. for a time they owned a niche that sacrificed gameplay for storylines and presentation, now games that are far more fun to play have made a lot of advancement in those areas

etecoon

Smash Hero
Blitzball was the bane of my existence.

I had to win 100 games. I forget for what.

But fuuuuuuuuuu
my god man

why would you do that to yourself

like seriously

we should make our enemies play blitzball instead of water boarding them, it will be more effective

napZzz

Smash Hero
blitzball just....I couldn't do it without wanting to knock myself out because of how dumb it was. As far as I can tell, FF X is a hate it or love it thing...lool

the intro/loading screens for FF9 were actually somewhat annoying

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Because I for one could give 2 ****s about graphics.

FFXII (not X-2) sucked ****.

FF7 was great. FF10 was amazing. FF8 was pretty good. FF6 beats FF9 by a mile. FF2 > FF1 suprisingly enough. And between FF2 and FF3 I can't decide.

I never played FF4 or FF5.

FFX-2 is ****ing laughable.

I don't consider Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, or FFXI to be part of the FF games just because of their "style". Tactics was amazingly fun - broken - but fun. CC was fun-yet-stupid depending how many friends you had... FFXI is well... just not the same.
I can respect this. I didn't FF XII either. I didn't really get the plot, the characters didn't stand out to me besides the name "Basch" and "Balthiers + Fran's history". I only liked seeing how many quickenings I could like and fighting the ESPers.

I enjoyed FF7 though it's such a long game and I don't remember all the details. It's kinda funny that someone said it's kinda emo since Cloud goes all lifeless when falling into the lifestream, if I remember correctly. I still enjoyed it though.

I enjoyed FFX storyline and playstyle. I thought the characters were different enough. The lack of a "world map" was new but done pretty well. I collected all the baddies, got all the power weapons minus wakkas cause I hate blitzball. Also, I didn't bother with Khimari's cause I never use him.

FFVI is probably my favorite because of the diverse cast and the intertwining story. I also didn't even know Kefka was a clown the first time I played through it.

FFIV was fun, but seemed a bit cliche after playing through it again. I gotta say, the battle fiend of the 4 elements, or whatever it's called, is probably one of my favorite battle songs.

FFV was okay, since I'm not a fan of the classes. This another reason I'm not too much into FF tactics, even though I like tactical games. It's just class switching.

FFXIII was okay too. Great graphics, okay story, meh-okay characters, and few memorable songs.

Calzorz

Smash Lord

lol the bit were u say REALLY square? is that cos all u did was press square to like bring up options i forgot , but there were options you could change to actually control ur char and stuff

and i made an account purely for blitz ball and signed on the top players i was too good at it :bee:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
FFXIII was okay too. Great graphics, okay story, meh-okay characters, and few memorable songs.
I never base a game on graphics.

I base it on:
Storyline
Character Depth
Gameplay (Controls)
Gameplay (Depth - Sandbox game or a "do this and theres nothing else to do" - I love side quests)

I don't base it on soundtracks either. Kindom Hearts would be like.. the best ****ing game ever if I did that. But it's gameplay lacked depth, the controls were bad (at some times), the character depth was pretty good.. but ****ing Disney characters?

Storyline was rather cool. But I again bring up.
Disney characters?

They ruined that game for me. :glare: Could've been the best ****ing game in existence - and they ruin it for me.

Snake board are waning?

Get a game list and post some radical opinions on it.

*watch activity increase*
==========================================
Controls I think should never really be an issue. I mean all you really have to do is allow people to customize the controls like in any PC game and you should have instant success. However, non-pc games still have not caught onto this radically simple idea.

OR
Snake board are waning?
Controls I think should never really be an issue. I mean all you really have to do is allow people to customize the controls like in any PC game and you should have instant success. However, non-pc games still have not caught onto this radically simple idea.

Not sure which color I should use.

napZzz

Smash Hero
storyline/characters always come first to me in a game, alot of my favorite games dont really have the greatest graphics around, but I dont think it really matters

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
Snake board are waning?

OR
Snake board are waning?

Not sure which color I should use.

AHAHAH nice
i bet like..99% of the ppl read both.
:bee:

and yes tommy, your ava cant be beaten in sexyness

SuSa

Second one Xeylode.

Graphics mean nothing to me until it reaches a point you can't even tell what the **** you are playing - or if it's hard on the eyes.

I don't want to play a game made out of rainbow vomit.

Savon

Smash Ace
I have been having an intense argument with my friend lately over what he considers to be "The Dark Age Of Gaming"

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292269

The only thing that is bothering me at this point is that at school he basically said that a games quality should be based on the depth of the game. I personally think that using depth as a huge determiner is unfair to many games that are of high quality, but have an extremely simple concept.
At lunch today I brought up the example of a CoD game. I said that what if I took a CoD game and made it hyper realistic in every sense of the word as a way of making the game deeper. Die once and you cannot replay the game, your character gets tired, hungry, sleepy, has to use the restroom, is bored, sick, etc. Guns jam, guns break, no healing unless you leave the entire battle and go to a medical station.

I asked him if I did all of this would I have a game of higher quality than the first CoD game....he said yes it would be a game of higher quality. I personally think he is just being completely biased and unrealistic, but I figured why not share this with you all as well.

SuSa

I should have spoken more specifically, as FPS obviously only have a certain extent to which they can delve into. Especially CoD's that are based on a certain era that has already happened.

If you had a CoD from the future (think Halo) where actual gameplay lacks depth, but the story can still have amazing depth as well as the characters - than yes. You can have a higher quality FPS due to this.

Of course games are designed to be fun. Not everyone wants to play The Sims.

Time to change my icon.

For me, story --> gameplay --> graphics

Graphic ****** are **** annoying :p

etecoon

Smash Hero
KEFKA. IT'S KEFKA MAn.

Also.. Balls.
That is all.
hmmm, I do like his american translation, having memorable lines such as "son of a submariner!". in some respects, the ridiculously inaccurate translation actually adds to his character

on the other hand I can tell that this pisses you off

cefca.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Come one come all the...

LOUISIANA DOUBLE FEATURE!!!

This December 17th and 18th!!!

December 17th will have a tournament at Play n Trade Bluebonnet in Baton Rouge, LA. This is more of a local tournament but if you had plans on arriving in the bayou on Friday come to it anyway, roughly an hour and fifteen minutes from Lafayette.

Then on Saturday come be a part of the event where titans clash, The Awesome Smash of Louisiana, also known as TASOL!!! Boasting a large venue with a Pot Bonus and...

ALL DAY PIZZA BUFFET INCLUDED IN THE VENUE FEE!!!

We just have two words for you...

GET

HYPE

For everyone who can't take hints on links:
Warm-up Tourney:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292243
Big Tourneyhttp://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274534
Venue Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p1_1AGZDkg
LA Pride Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DysYusN_AOI

Credits:
Jiovanni the Womanslayer - Hype Machine
Curlz - TASOL TO and Venue trailer creator
Fakegeorge - PnT Bluebonnet TO